Monday, September 25, 2017

DC FORUM: 500 and Counting...

A Word From The Editor
BY DC CUEVA                     
■ @DC408Dxtr  TW / IG / YT

This is a short but sweet post here, but this is a very special one for yours truly here. This is the 500th overall post this DCBLOG site has published since this ride began on May 11, 2013 with the same two words that started my Twitter account five years ago: "I'm Here."  What was first intended to be just a place for me to write about my passions and my experiences is still the case in a way, but over time it has become the site a lot of you who follow a passion of mine in MTV's reality TV ecosystem known as the Trifecta go to each week.

I have discussed this in the past before the last two Trifecta cycles and it would be a bit ridiculous to rehash things in this post, but for the gist of it: During the past four years, this hobby on the side has turned into my primary focus whenever there's free time available to me -- and the amount of time I have devoted to blog work each week has seen me lose hours of sleep and sometimes spend long days binge-working on my computer, all to offer you this unique and in-depth coverage. Along the way, I have nurtured this site, made it better and expanded my focus a bit, yet continue to devote the same level of passion and energy and a commitment to excellence I have into offering the exceptional posts you get each week.
   Yes, this site offers a public service to everyone with all the 'Pulse play by play of every episode and recapping them too, but also realized an untapped market and a need of wanting to get to know the people you're watching on these shows a bit better through a unique manner of storytelling that's entertaining and engaging. Those three aspects all come together at this intersection to make the formula by which this site goes by, and helps to distinguish this site from others that cover The Challenge/Real World franchise and Are You The One too. I always like to think that this site sets the standard for blog coverage of this MTV world, and from the feedback you all have left me is proof of that notion and this passion.

This past week - as I approached this important milestone for DCBLOG, we showcased two fans who share the same passion for the fifth major pro sport as me and who got to meet the Dirty 30 cast when they were in New York. There, we saw one of them meet his idol while the other worked out with the cast and showcased his web series inspired by The Challenge.
● @Clarence_Pryor: "Thanks so very much! I'll keep this article!"
● @obey_andrezz: "Wow! Thank you so much! This is great! I really appreciate this article, you have no idea! 😍😭 "

Those words from Clarence and Andres are the latest in a long line of acclaim and appreciation a lot of you, both from fans and castmates, have shown to me in my time writing on the Trifecta. This helps to drive me in being able to continue to offer the high-quality content synonymous with this site, offering an all-encompassing blog experience that you can't find anywhere else. And there's still a lot to come with stories, social reaction and much more coming up.
   Again, thank you for your continued support as we continue to glide along in our journey of taking you around the world of The Challenge and Real World, Are You The One? and whatever next big reality show MTV brings to us. And as a treat to all of you, below after jump are the See For Yourself advertisements which have been posted on social media the past year in promotion of this site -- all designed in-house.  See you for the next 500.






















- I AM DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).