Sunday, October 13, 2013

DC SocialPulse: Real World & Challenge - Cast Quotage

By DC Cueva
@DC408dxtr

Over the course of the last 16 months, I've been so fortunate to have the opportunity to talk & interact with people from the TV franchise I follow the most - MTV's The Real World & The Challenge. Of the over 200 people who've appeared on those shows and Road Rules, I've gotten a reply, favored tweet, RT or even a follow from over 100 of them on Twitter or Instagram. Yes, that's just about half of the entire community, a pretty remarkable feat considering it's my favorite show.
  With The Challenge: Rivals II in our rear view mirror after crowning a pair of deserving champions, filming of Real World Back to San Francisco rolling along in the City by the Bay, and buzz among fans continuing surrounding potential competitors on the next Challenge, this is the perfect time for DC Blog to share with you many of the comments the RW/Challenge family have left me in the social media world during this ride.
   Here now are a sampling of the best quotes, starting all the way back just as soon as I joined Twitter on June 27, 2012 - fittingly enough, season premiere night of Real World St. Thomas.

"Thank you so much I'm glad to be a part of it! I can't wait for the show to start ahhhh I'm going nuts!"
Laura Waller, Real World St. Thomas (@LauraLeeMTV) - just before season premiere, and first comment

"It definitely wasn't easy to watch, but it was a lesson I has to learn by watching it."
Robb Schreiber, Real World St. Thomas (@RobbMTV) - just after seeing himself do self-harm during EP

"Living in that house is harder than you would think! No communication back home and isolation with competitors all trying to win."
Dustin Zito, Real World Back to Las Vegas (@DustinZito)
"Agreed (Dustin). Living in that house alone was harder than any challenge we ever did."
Nany Gonzalez, Real World Back to Las Vegas (@NanyMTV)
> Both on the atmosphere of The Challenge BOTS house in Turkey as members of Team Vegas, and after she got in an argument with Knight & threatened to leave

"Thank you. I know I live 35 minutes away and have 2 god babies so it was a little too close to home for me."
Ashley Kelsey, Real World Back to San Diego (@AshleyMarieMTV), just after the Sandy Hook school shootings in her home state of Connecticut

"Thanks homie I'm excited. It's gonna be a good season, crazy drama. It was fun doing too. I hope people watching really get to see the realness of our lives. Definitely gonna be a wild ride.
Marlon Williams, Real World Portland (@JDeezyMTV), during the season lead up

"I am a twitterholic and love everyone so you'll def be hearing from me babe. I'm just a normal person just like y'all. Just fortunate to be on TV for a minute and learn a lot! I feel almost like a new person."
Jessica McCain, Real World Portland (@MTVJess), during the season lead up

"Thank you dear...2013 is going to be a beautiful whirlwind! Hopefully you will enjoy me, you won't be disappointed! It's real this time, promise. ;)"
Anastasia Miller aka "Bird", Real World Portland (@QueenBirdness), during the season lead up

"Wasn't difficult to mesh with them at all! I love being the new kid on the block. Plus I'm super comfortable in my own skin. :)"
Nia Moore, Real World Portland (@TheRealNiaMoore), during an OK Magazine tweet chat on moving in as the new roommate & having to fit in with the present cast after replacing Joi

"Thanks brother. Keep getting the word out. I've stayed on them for years but they've never giving me the chance. Now's the time."
David Leach, Road Rules Viewers Revenge (@MrDavidLeach), on his future aspirations on being on a Challenge

"Realllllllly? It's not like baseball where they play until the sun comes up as long as someone wins lol."
Sandy Kang, The Challenge: Fresh Meat II (@SandyKang), after the 49ers/Rams 24-24 tie during the 2012 NFL season

"Really appreciate that my man. He was a great dude for sure."
Dave Sky, Real World Hollywood (no longer on twitter), just after the death of cast member Joey Kovar in August 2012

"...I wasn't living the good life. But I'm glad people have someone to look to."
Brandon Kane, Real World St. Thomas (@B_Brutality), on the struggles dealing with drugs & trying to stay sober during RWSTT

"Well it's something we used to back in the day. All the 'fun' stopped happening after the Inferno 2."
Veronica Portillo, Road Rules 1999 & The Challenge (@V_Cakes), on comparing early & recent challenges and their environments

"I was absolutely stoked to get a shot at a Challenge. I would never allow myself to feel 'drawbacks' from such an amazing experience/opportunity. I am always aware of how lucky I am. World travel with friends? Yes plz!"
Lacey Buheler, Real World Austin (@ImaLacey), on experience on being on her first Challenge, Battle of the Seasons as part of Team Austin

"I'm blessed and thankful for everything."
Brandon Swift, Real World St. Thomas (@BSwiftMTV) - during a week where he was a key figure in a RWSTT episode and hosted Wiz Khalifa at Temple University

"Thanks brother! It was an incredible experience. Zach is a beast and one of the best athletes I know."
C.J. Koegel, Real World Cancun (@JDeezyMTV), on , after posting pic from their arena on The Challenge BOTS, which also aired during week of his birthday

"Yes, definitely watch it all...it was a great movie with a touching story."
Mike Ross, Real World Back to Vegas (@MikeRossMTV), on the movie Slumdog Millionaire

"@gaby she is awesome!"
- Jasmine Reynald, Real World Cancun (@JazMTV), on Gaby Douglas

"I'm always on vacation"
- Carley Johnson, The Challenge (@CarleyJohnson)

"Thanks! Will be a great season."
- Trishelle, Real World Las Vegas (@TrishelleC), before Challenge BOTS

"Yes we did."
Derek Chavez, Real World Cancun (@MTVDerek)
"It was pretty awesome man."
Joey Rozmus, Real World Cancun (@Joey_Rozmus)
> Both on LMFAO appearing on an episode of their season, two years prior to their 2011 breakout year

"...indeed I am truly blessed to have friends like that... #thankful"
- Eric Banks aka "Big Easy", The Challenge (@EricBanks), on being friends with GB Packers players including Aaron Rodgers

"I am beyond excited and can't wait to cheer for my teammates. #TeamNOLA"
- Ashlee Feldman, Real World Back to New Orleans (@AshleeFeldman), before Challenge BOTS

"SUPER excited. I can't wait to watch #TeamCancun #TeamSanDiego. Or should I say...#TeamSancun"
- Emilee Fitzpatrick, Real World Cancun (@EmileeMTV), before Challenge BOTS

"Thank you DC. Happy birthday."
Trey Weatherholtz, Real World St. Thomas (@JDeezyMTV), on my 29th birthday

"#GOTEAM ;-)"
Camila, The Challenge (@CamilaMTV)

"So gnarly bro!"
TJ Lavin, The Challenge (@TJLavin), on the hardest mission on BOTS, Logged Out

"Happy Happy Birthday!"
Devyn Simone, Real World Brooklyn (@DevynSimone), on my 29th birthday

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!"
Latoya Jackson, Real World St. Thomas (@JDeezyMTV), on my 29th birthday

"BadabingBadaboom! :-)"
Theresa Gonzalez, The Challenge (@TheresaMTV)

"Only the best come from the mitten."
Wlll Gill, Real World Hollywood (@WillGill)

"So stoked! Don't know what to expect. Thank you!"
Joi Neimeyer, Real World Portland (@PeaceLoveJoi), before the cast's first public appearance at Portland Comic-Con in February

"It's true. I couldn't just leave her."
Averey Tressler, Real World Portland (@Ave_Tress), on her dog Daisy and why she decided to bring her to Portland

"@dc408dxtr welcome back Johnny. All of your fans have missed you on here, glad you're back." "RT Not as much as I missed all of you."
Johnny Bananas, Real World Key West (@MTVBananas), after returning to twitter following filming of The Challenge: Rivals II

"I may not ride bikes but I own the slopes!"
Luke Wolfe, The Challenge (@L_WolfePack)

"Filipinos represent!!!"
- Heather Cooke, Real World Back to Vegas (@CookeMTV), before Rivals II

"Never seen this before... Where you find?"
Davis Mallory, Real World Denver (@DavisMallory)
"Cute... But the main promo shot they chose is a lot cuter! It's super cute, was in US Weekly!"
Brooke LaBarbara, Real World Denver (@BDoll82)
> Both on my TBT pic of the RW Denver cast from the RW calendar

"Only one of the most amazing!"
Preston Charles, Real World NOLA (@PrestoMagicMTV), on the Frank vs. Dustin fight on BOTS

"living in the house is the hardest part of the challenge."
"the friendships with me. Plus you learn a lot about yourself when you are put in those type of situations
Jemmye Carroll, Real World New Orleans (@JemmyeMTV), on the living environment during The Challenge: Rivals II, and her favorite parts of her Real World NOLA & Challenge experiences

"the rivals2 house is awesome!! Tune in on July 10th at 10pm to see for yourself!!""
Sarah Rice, Real World Brooklyn (@SarahRiceMTV), during the season lead up

"Get the Elmer's glue ready! Rivals II is a goody!"
Paula Walnuts, Real World Key West (@PaulaWalnutsMTV), during a pre-season marathon of The Challenge Rivals

"Thank you DC! You're the best! Always so supportive! Continue being amazing."
- Anastasia, Real World Portland (@QueenBirdness), after she & Jessica were eliminated in the first girls jungle on Rivals II

"it was really hard to watch it again."
- Trey, Real World STT (@MTVtrey), after watching episode where he & Zach were disqualified & eliminated in the jungle on a technicality

"What its a real condition?"
- Diem Brown, The Challenge (@DiemBrownMTV), after finding out from me that EP9 of Rivals II was being appropriately titled, "Diemnesia"

"Thanks man, it's been a ride!"
- Jordan Wiseley, Real World Portland (@JordanMTV), after he & Marlon finished 3rd on Rivals II


In the course of the past year-&-a-half, I've had a great time talking and interacting with the RW/Challenge community on social media, not just these cast members, as this extends also to a slew of fans who I talk to regularly about these shows & a few other things. Though time has flown by considerably, it feels like I've know these people for so very long, and I know them just about as well as my actual friends, and I've been great supporters of all of them.
   If you're a cast member who happens to read this, watch DC Blog in the coming days for a thank you note as my way of saying thank you for these great seven months I've had of talking to you here.

Our coverage of The Challenge: Rivals II will officially wrap up in the coming days with a full recap of this exciting season, from covering all of the episodes to giving away my season awards. After that, DC Blog will cover sports, entertainment & more during the fall & winter with an occasional RW/Challenge post sprinkled in between, before it goes into full-blown mode again once the buzz starts for RW Back to SF. For now, thanks for reading and until then, have fun.

- DC
@DC408dxtr




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).