Sunday, October 5, 2014

10/5/14: Coming Clean...

By DC Cueva
@DC408dxtr

Alright, another spur the moment post here. And I would like to take a brief moment on here to address a situation that I've had in the past month that's been bothering me in the twitter world for some time that now is the right time for me to talk about it on here and clear the air.

Now, back in late July, I wrote on here about a situation I got myself into with several cast members from season 2 of Are You The One?. I had succeeded in following half of the cast when numerous fan sites uncovered the cast back in late July. But when I tried to follow other cast members on the same day, I was actually blocked on my primary DC408DXTR hub. Now after the trailer and the cast were revealed in the last week of August, I was able to use my other twitter account, DCNOW at @DC408DxNow, to lobby nine of the cast members to unblock me on DC408Dxtr, for which seven of them did.
   With the premiere of the new season coming up tomorrow, there is still two people from this cast that I'm still trying to follow on DC408DXTR but still have me blocked since the very beginning. And in each and every single attempt that I've had where I tweeted to them on DCNOW to unblock me, every attempt has fallen on deaf ears...either that or they're just simply too dumb to even notice.

Therefore, I have no choice but to use this very blog post to call both of them out and pose a challenge to them to unblock me or I won't have the opportunity to interact with them in the way that I would like. I was going to do this on twitter, but as a more classy move I decided to do this on the blog instead so I would not worry about losing followers for flooding their timelines and also out of fear that I would make any drama and put myself in a very bad situation that might hurt some of the people on the cast who follow me. And yes while I follow them both on my DCNOW hub, that is just used only for live tweeting and to follow extra accounts; I am on DC408DXTR all the other time.
   So having written all of that, the two people I am calling out right now are: 

ASHLEY - @LauraShall93 

and 

GARLAND - @ModelBoi12

To you two, it's so disappointing that every time I have tried to use my DCNOW account to ask you two to unblock me on DC408DXTR, you have not heard me even one bit my kind and courteous request to do what I told you to do. It's that simple: just go to my DC408DXTR account and tap the unblock button. The sight of seeing the message "Blocked: There was an error following. Please try again in a few moments" when I try to follow you two during this lead up is a sight that's been happening too often it's getting too annoying and dispiriting for me. So with all of these requests being going unnoticed by you two, the time has come for me to make this issue loud and clear in a broader platform like Blogger to put both of you on blast in front of everybody so that the world can take notice.

I want to make it clear to you both that I'm a passionate fan of MTV shows and is great social media friends with many in the MTV community. I have been talking a great deal to the rest of your AYTO castmates in the month before the premiere on Monday. Even with all the countless attempts I have made in the past month, it seems that you two aren't willing to have the same kind of great person/fan relationship with me as the rest of your cast. And it's so dispiriting that you two aren't even interested to talking to me on any of my accounts when, in reality, I'm a great fan who loves talking to MTV personalities like yourselves and to fellow fans. 
   I was, after all, the fan who found the new pic of the cast sitting on the stairs in Puerto Rico, and another composite cast pic, that you all have re-posted on Instagram, yet you two. And I've always been quick to get on board with new MTV shows/seasons before they premiere and help them promote their show to everyone. Take AYTO Season 1 as a perfect example: I followed them from the start and saw their entire journey to winning $1 million and producing a married couple & new baby. Plus, I'm a blogger who's been covering the MTV world extensively with posts, diaries and more on these shows. And I promote webcasts and tweet links to media articles related to the shows too.

So now, with having a more broader platform like Blogger to make this thing public, I am posing this challenge to both of you, Ashley and Garland, to do what I have told you so many times to do: 

PLEASE GO TO MY TWITTER 
@DC408DXTR AND UNBLOCK ME!!! 

If you two have been directed to this and have my other account DC408DXNOW muted, I hope I brought this message loud and clear to both of you. Otherwise, all I can say is to just wish you all the best and good luck on this season. 
   If you're anyone on the cast who might be reading this post and are friends with Ashley and Garland, use whatever method you can to get them to communicate this message to them. Tell them about how loyal, passionate and friendly I am, just as it is for some of my other fans/followers like David from New York, Neya from Croatia, and fellow webcast hosts Andrew Kirk and Brian Cohen. But also out of courtesy, just not post this on twitter: I don't want to have this get carried away.

Now, I absolutely do not like to either make or get involved in any drama with cast members from the MTV community. I've always been someone who would always stay out of the drama, especially the twitter beefs that have arisen among various MTV cast members. But again, this very unfortunate issue has been bothering me so much that with the premiere taking place tomorrow night (as I write this on Sunday, October 5th), that it needed to be addressed and I had to let everyone know in a more public platform like my site on Blogger, where it has had a lot of buzz thanks to my coverage of Are You The One, The Real World, The Challenge and other things. I have absolutely nothing against any of the cast members on this season; it's been this very issue of trying to get to follow the last two of the 21 castmates that's been bothering me and has been casting a shadow on an otherwise strong lead up to the 2nd season of a show that I've been hooked on since January.
   Thanks in advance to everyone else from the cast - 19 people if you're counting - for your great friendship so far in the lead up to season 2 and anxiously look forward to watching and tweeting the premiere and enjoying it with you all tomorrow night. And to Ashley and Garland, I hope that, in reading this post, seeing how loyal I am to everyone in the MTV family, and what I can do for you two, that we will finally be able to get behind our differences and finally be able to establish an amicable relationship I would like to have with both you for very long.

So until the premiere of season 2 of Are You The One? tomorrow night, or tonight in much of the country, good night and thanks for reading.

- I AM DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).