Friday, July 12, 2013

DC SocialPulse - RIVALS II Premiere

*** Reader Advisory: The Following Post Contains
Adult Language. Viewer Discretion is Advised. ***
By DC Cueva

Well, the busy guy who loves sports, entertainment & social media has become even busier: welcome to the first edition of The DC SocialPulse. Being that I've become such an avid tweeter & social media junkie over the last year, I have been addicted to all this all over again, reliving those days of being on MySpace much of the time (I'm still on there btw). And social media has also played a big role in being able to even greatly follow the things I'm most interested in, including my favorite shows.
   The frenzied premiere of MTV's The Challenge: Rivals II on Wednesday night accounted, for me, the busiest day of tweeting (and retweeting) that I've had on twitter since the Super Bowl back in February - over 250 total tweets. I was so busy in doing all of that & flooding the timelines (and sorry once again to my followers), that two times I was sent to twitter jail for over-tweeting during an hours period. But then again, there are few things that get me going in the twitter world: the biggest sports events, music, entertainment events, and of course, The Real World & The Challenge.
   What I've decided to do, in addition to doing a recap of every episode As DC Sees It, is to do my best to highlight the tweets from the RW & Challenge family from these episodes. The MTV Remote Control blog does highlight tweets from certain cast members of both shows, but is usually spread out among other shows. What I will do is to focus in on just Real World & Challenges.
   First, some background & thoughts: last year when I joined twitter, I immediately became part of an online community that's now an essential part of our media landscape. Television has been a communal experience for as long as it has been around. From loyal viewers watching a favorite primetime show, to a country coming to a standstill for the Super Bowl or big cultural event, to even families watching a personal home movie, this medium has always created an enjoyable experience that brings families, friends & fans together. And the advent of technologies over the past decade have further enhanced the viewing experience: DVR, HDTV, VOD, and most recently social media. 
   For me, there was that agonizingly long hiatus from late March to early May when 30 twitter accounts were frozen for the entire time while they were in Thailand, plus for a brief time, two ladies from the Real World Portland cast just as their very own season was starting to air back home (they would eventually have their social media freeze lifted later just for them, similar to what the St. Thomas cast had with the last Challenge taking place near to their season premiering). For those 8-9 weeks while I was engaged greatly in RWPDX & other things along the way, I was also longing for the very day when they would all return, and it was a welcome relief when that embargo was lifted on the rest of the group on that RW Wednesday, it almost felt a bit like homecoming. Well, it was because of Rivals II that they were gone, and it has been a month or so since they ended taping. And I knew during RWPDX that while we wouldn't have the kind of strong social interaction during that season when everyone is overseas (including a couple other PDX cast members too), this would eventually be worth it because when this Challenge season premieres later on, everyone will be on social media, getting the great spontaneous interaction that makes it so much more enjoyable for them & viewers alike.
   Obviously, the cast of Rivals II knows what to expect & what has happened since they got to film this earlier this spring, but there's nothing like being able to interact with each other and to be able to share & experience this with the rest of America. Last season's Challenge was not only the first one I've watched in a long time (and the first I've ever watched with a great deal of interest in), but it also the first time that I became enthralled by the power of television, its unique communal viewing experience and the interactivity & spontaneity of social media all coming together to create an experience that those TV pioneers could never have imagined. And it has allowed me to engage myself even more around the franchise I have followed for over a decade & a half, adding another dimension to this great, long relationship between me & the RW/Challenge world.
   So, after that prelude, it's now gonna be a requirement for fans to not only have their sets tuned to MTV on Wednesday nights at 10PM, but also have an Internet device handy to follow the other big show on at the same time: the spontaneous interaction among cast, fans and all of us. And the following are the actual tweets of the cast & fellow alumni as they, fans and America got to see the premiere of The Challenge: Rivals II.  Just before we begin, please note there is also explicit language in some of the tweets below, but I am keeping it uncensored in order to retain the heat of the moment. So, please read with discretion if you are mature enough. :-)
   So without further ado, lets get it started... 


> the Calm before the Storm...
- @MTVtrey: Today is the day! Almost felt like it would never come. #Rivals2 at 10pm on @MTV. I'll be live tweeting tonight with some of my roommates. #TreyDay is back!! Thanks for all of the love in my mentions today. As always, it's humbling and I'm appreciative. I hope you enjoy the show
- @ZachMTV: #Rivals2 tonight. Id like to inform everyone that after an 8 month hiatus, it is officially #TreyDay. Enjoy those biceps, pecs, and less than average one liners.
- @JazMTV: I'll be live tweeting for #Rivals2  along with other challengers! Just to name a few @NanyMTV @TheresaMTV  @JDeezyMTV @MTVDerek
- @PrestoMagicmtv: Whoot woo The Challenge premiers tonight! Who's watching #Rivals2
- @tjlavin: Ill be tweeting tonight live during the show at 10pm eastern and Ill try to stay awake for the west too! Haha
- @AshleyMarieMTV: The Challenge comes back tonight on @mtv!!! Who's excited?! #rivals2
- @MTVBananas: Anything good on television tonight? #Rivals2
- @CookeMTV: Pumped for the premiere of The Challenge tonight at 10pmest on @mtv !!! 😝😜😛 #Rivals2 #teamred #rookie #vegas
- @RobbMTV: Oooooh you didn't know!? You're ass better caaaaaaaaall somebodyyyyy. @MTV #Rivals2 tonight at 10pmEST.
- @TrishelleC: I will NOT be tweeting about the challenge at all this season or responding to mentions of it bc I will not be watching.  Sorry guys!
- @PeaceLoveJoi: Rooting for my rookie team ❤ @JDeezyMTV and @JordanMTV #Rivals2
- @WesMTV: I'm paired with someone tonight on @MTV that has no middle ground. It's either really good - or really bad. Who is gonna watch? #Rivals2
- @Chet_Cannon: Baseball and The Challenge are my favorite professional sports.  Looking forward to the Rivals II premier tonight on @MTV!
- @CamilaMTV: Are U ready for some Brazilian+Boston craziness? #rivals2 premieres TONIGHT @9pm @mtv @TheOfficial_CT  @bunimmurray
- @MikeRossMTV: My RW LV fam better kill it tonight! @RoyLee25mtv @NanyMTV @NaomiMTV @MTV #Rivals2
- @LaToyaJMTV: Season premiere of #TheChallenge goes down tonight. Yall tune in to @MTV to watch my brothas @MTVtrey & @RobbMTV turn up on the boyz!
- @EmFitMTV: I love all the #Rivals2 love!!! Just you wait, peeps. Just you wait....
- @TheMarkLong: I'm glad @BunimMurray @mtv brought @TheOfficial_CT and @mtvbananas back to the #challenge ... Should spice it up a bit.
- @ZachMTV: 1 hour until @MTV's biggest dysfunctional family takes stage in the worlds sweatiest country. #Rivals2
- @AshleeFeldman: I'm staying up way past my bedtime for @ZachMTV #thatsreal
- @WesMTV: I'm going to be live tweeting during the show tonight. I'll retweet the funniest insults of my enemies. So bring them on. @MTV #Rivals2
- @SarahRiceMTV: The #Rivals2 premier unfortunately coincides with my trivia night.., obviously I'm choosing trivia.. #priorities @Alliedoll @KtotheBizzell
@CaraMariaMTV: Lmao at all the sad tweets from u guys about me not on @mtv #rivals2 . Love u guys! Tweet my bosses @BunimMurray  n tell em how mad u are!!
@CaraMariaMTV: I love you guys. Though lookin at this clusterfuck on @mtv #thechallenge #rivals2 maybe its better to be watchn at home than in that house!
- @TheresaMTV: I wish @laurelstucky & @KennySantucci were on #Rivals2, they're funnnnn. js @mtv
- @MarieMTV: I'm baaaaaaaaaaack

> Right at the Beginning
- @ZachMTV: Here we go people... #Rivals2
- @jonnamtv: #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2 #Rivals2
- @MTVBananas: Stretching my thumbs in preparation for my 90 min live tweeting session that's about to go down! Here we go! #Rivals2
- @JazMTV: Jesus take the wheel!! Challenge time woohoo!!! Welcome to the jungle!!!! #Rivals2
- @ZachMTV: Welcome to hell, I mean Phuket.
@MTVFrankSweeney: Welcome to the Jungle Bitchesssss #Rivals2
- @AshleyMarieMTV: Let's talk Challenge!!! #Rivals2 starts now and I wanna know what ya think! @mtv
- @Knight_MTV: Here we go rivals 2 baby
- @RobbMTV: Let the games, and festivities, begin ;) For everyone who's showed love and support leading up to rivals and now that its on. Thank you, you're all the bomb dot com 👍👏❤
- @JordanMTV: Here we go boys and girls!! #Rivals2
- @QueenBirdness: I'm not watching right now, so I have no idea what's going on. But enjoy! #rivals2
- @AneesaMTV: Hope you all are watching the premiere of #Rivals2
- @DiemBrownMTV: Thanks y'all sooo much for the sweet messages! ;) the challenge starts now @AneesaMTV let's do this girlie :) #Rivals2
- @SarahRiceMTV: I am just dying to watch the premier of #Rivals2 !!! Gotta wait till after trivia! @mtv

> The Theme is... and The Teams Are...
- @JazMTV: I almost shit my pants when @tjlavin said rivals!!! #Rivals2
- @MTVFrankSweeney: Finding out the theme was #Rivals2 was SO shocking! We all thought it would be Rookies V Vets.
- @MTVDerek: Oh really?? Thats not gonna be a strong team or anything haha @mtv @WesMTV @TheOfficial_CT
- @ZachMTV: Wes just got a boner. - @MTVTrey: I have butterflies watching this, and I already know what happens, lol. Needless to say, @ZachMTV was honored to find out he was going to be my partner. The pleasure was all his.
#Rivals2
- @JazMTV: @ZachMTV & @MTVtrey  so how you really feel about each other lol!! #Rivals2
- @MTVJess: Princess Bubble gum baby!!!!! #rivals2 what's up!!!!!
- @JazMTV: Damn Paula!!! She knows who to pick fights with!
- @RoyLee25MTV: @ZachMTV is a Monster #Beast
- @ZachMTV: I can't understand a word that comes out of @JemmyeMTV or @CamilaMTV mouths. I just nod my head, and laugh.
- @MTVFrankSweeney: Who else thought Wes and I would be partners on #Rivals2? I never thought it would be @MTVBananas & I! Oh cool, so I've never met my partner in real life. The most lucrative Tweets I've ever exchanged @MTVBananas #Rivals2
- @WesMTV: @MTVBananas #Original The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.
- @JazMTV: Long hair don't care!!!!
- @JordanMTV: what up #TeamRookies!! @JDeezyMTV
- @NanyMTV: Jonna's acting like she's mad I'm her partner... GIRL BYE
- @ZachMTV: It was 120 degrees in the Jungle, and it was night time. That house was on stilts, in a swamp.
- @JemmyeMTV: #teamsubtitles
- @JordanMTV: #teamSubtitles @JemmyeMTV and @CamilaMTV Love You girls!! - @WesMTV: Hey @tjlavin - if we all agree on loving money why don't the other cast members have jobs?
- @Knight_MTV: @EmFitMTV and @paulawalnutsMTV  dynamic team almost as strong as @PrestoMagicmtv and me #Rivals2
- @AshleeFeldman: I really just care about what @PrestoMagicmtv is wearing and what @JemmyeMTV is drinking.
- @vinnyfotimtv: Watching #rivals2 sick pad .. How does Dunbar have a rival he's never said one word in the houses I've been in!!

> The CT/Marlon fight, Tyrie on the Toilet and House Order
- @MTVJess: It's getting crazyyyyyyyyy #rival2
- @MTVBananas: Is it just me or does @MTVtrey look like the half man/half goat on the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe #Rivals2
- @NanyMTV: Get it @JDeezyMTV!!!!
- @JordanMTV: You know its #Rivals2 when @TheOfficial_CT is playing bartender and ring master at the same time!
- @JazMTV: Holy shit I missed that fight!!! Soooo ummm did I get glass in the pool and start Marlon & CT fighting??? Ooopps #Rivals2
- @MTVFrankSweeney: BIG SURPRISE @TheOfficial_CT is instigating ANOTHER fight & 20 seconds later laying game. Bipolar Much? #Rivals2 #HesNotRight #DoingTooMuch
- @MTVBananas: CHALLENGE FACT: Not one person got out of the pool to pee the entire night... (Including myself)
- @NanyMTV: I thought for sure Rivals 2 was going to be Co-Ed. I have way too many Rivals that are dudes...
- @PeaceLoveJoi: I see my baby @JDeezyMTV chest bumpin!
- @LatoyaJMTV: Team PDX @JDeezyMTV @JordanMTV
- @MTVJess: TURN UP @JDeezyMTV!
- @MTVDerek: woww....Already a fight?? where the fuck was I at???? @TheOfficial_CT @RoyLee25mtv @JDeezyMTV
- @RoyLee25MTV: “@MTVDerek: woww....Already a fight?? where the fuck was I at???? @TheOfficial_CT @RoyLee25mtv @JDeezyMTV” somebody was going to #Shhhhleep
- @ZachMTV: @TyrieBMTV that's the best thing I've ever seen. MVP of that night
- @MTVTrey: I may or may not have put my bare naked ass on Tyrie passed out on our toilet, lol. #MyBad
@MTVBananas: CHALLENGE FACT: That wasn't Tyrie, that was the bathroom attendant sleeping on the job. #Rivals2
- @TyrieBMTV: Damn I coulda swore cameras weren't allowed in the bathroom.... Guess rules change when it's time to embarrass Tyrie

Diem and CT...Again
- @MTVJess: Love @DiemBrownMTV Such a strong woman. @DiemBrownMTV #strong #beautiful #amazing #flawless 😘❤✨
- @AshleyMarieMTV: Awww I LOVE my @diembrownmtv!
- @JazMTV: @DiemBrownMTV your beautiful!!!! #Rivals2
- @MTVFrankSweeney: @DiemBrownMTV is unbelievably strong. Such an inspiration to so many. #Rivals2
- @Knight_MTV: @DiemBrownMTV so sexy without the wig u know it love #Rivals2
- @AneesaMTV: Shout out to my strong and beautiful partner
- @LaToyaJMTV: Awe Diem is really pretty w/o that wig
- @ZachMTV: @DiemBrownMTV and @TheOfficial_CT are the reality tv beauty and the beast. Emphasis on beast.
- @MTVTrey: Who doesn't love @DiemBrownMTV ? That woman right there is the definition of strength.
@TheMarkLong: Team @DiemBrownMTV
- @LaurelStucky: So great to know you @DiemBrownMTV glad to see the support you are receiving. You know you have it in me too. #uplate #mindwontstop
- @JamieChung1: @DiemBrownMTV you're my hero:)
- @SarahRiceMTV: @TheOfficial_CT @DiemBrownMTV  you two make me cry you're so darn cute on the show!! Awww!!!!!
- @Ayiiia_MTV: i love you @DiemBrownMTV. I missed the first half of the 1st episode & watching now. You are SO beautiful.You're amazing baby girl #RivalsII
- @DiemBrownMTV: y'all are seriously so sweet! Thank you for your tweets I read everyone of them :) #Rivals2 @MTV look out for my @peoplemag blog tomorrow ;)

> First Challenge: Game of Inches
@JonnaMTV: First challenge.. So nervous...
- @Knight_MTV: Guys challenge days sucked
@JordanMTV: Uh Oh, first ever challenge for #TeamRookies on #Rivals2
- @MTVDerek: I think this was an awesome challenge... who else thinks so?? @AneesaMTV @RobbMTV @jonnamtv @NanyMTV
@RobbMTV: @MTVDerek @AneesaMTV @jonnamtv @NanyMTV my nuts in that harness was not fun
- @JordanMTV: @MTVDerek @AneesaMTV @RobbMTV @jonnamtv @NanyMTV One of the best ones!!
@ZachMTV: That ocean was filled with jelly fish, an @MTVtrey 's pubes.
- @MTVTrey: @ZachMTV and you were worried about my tweets?!
- @MTVDerek: Tell me why all the guys bet that half these girls would not make it
- @JazMTV: I hate heights!!!!!!
- @PrestoMagicMTV: Real facts? I threw up before every Challenge even on girls days
#Rivals2
- @MTVBananas: We got #Rivals2 trending!
- @AneesaMTV: This challenge was crazy!!!!
- @PeaceLoveJoi: If I could pick a partner.. @CookeMTV for sure.
- @EmFitMTV: You better believe I'm the one jumping lol #Rivals2
- @JonnaMTV: Flashback from rivals 1.. Long jump challenge.. 
- @NanyMTV: Jonna better move that little ass into my arms or I just might have to drown her in that ocean.... Just kidding. I'd never do that. I CAN'T COMPETE ALONE! #Rivals2
- @ZachMTV: Who thinks @MTVtrey should jump? Who thinks I should? The fat girl is never at the top of the pyramid.
- @NanyMTV: This challenge was such an awesome start to #Rivals2
- @WesMTV: "Wes and CT" is already trending in my city. How long do you think it's gonna take until it's over the whole United States?
- @JazMTV: This is not a beauty pageant its a F***** competition!! I'm there to get a drunk and win!! #Rivals2
- @DustinZito: Shucks man #RivalsII is going hard right now @MTV
- @MTVTrey: Whoever said "white man can't jump"... you just wait and see.
- @JazMTV: Eat your words boys #femalepower #Rivals2
- @Knight_MTV: Rivals 2 the girls were killing it
- @MTVDerek: WAY TO SHOW US UP GIRLS!!!! good job
- @RobbMTV: Phuket was hotter than the devils shhhnuts
- @NanyMTV: @jonnamtv atta girl J... TEAM WORK!!!!
- @Knight_MTV: #rivals 2 MTV love hard falls
- @TheresaMTV: Spidermonkey!! #Rivals2
- @MtvJess: Okay so I was wrong on the height but I'll be darned if it didn't feel like 1,000 feet up!!!!! #crazy
- @MTVDerek: LETS GO @jonnamtv @NanyMTV
- @Ayiiia_MTV: Team Jonna and Nany. #Rivals2 @MTV
- @TrishelleC: @NanyMTV freaking Nany. The good girl on the challenge. She is a good one. Very honest. She tells it like it is
- @NanyMTV: @TrishelleC Awww HELL trishelle! (In @dustinzito voice) 💗 making me blush... Miss you :)
- @AneesaMTV: And y'all thought I couldn't jump
- @JDeezyMTV: Oh yuh I'm not one to back down. Not scared to speak my mind yuh dig
- @RobbMTV: Should of been a public speaking major the way I so eloquently and articulately read that clue
- @Knight_MTV: A painful challenge for ur nads if u were doing the catching rivals 2 @mtv
- @ZachMTV: @MTV can two white boys win a jumping contest? I dunno, but that would be 50 shades of Trey.
@WesMTV: Everyone wants to strap the ginger up and squeeze him
@ZachMTV: I wanted to jump..
- @MTVDerek: JUMP DEREK JUMP...into that gingys arms @RobbMTV
@MTVJess: GOOOOO @JDeezyMTV and @JordanMTV
@JazMTV: I love seeing men hung he he :) #Rivals2
- @MTVFrankSweeney: #HuggingContest #Rivals2
- @MTVDerek: yay we made it @RobbMTV
@RobbMTV: @MTVDerek best huggers ever
- @Knight_MTV: I loved dropping him #Rival2
- @PrestoMagicMTV: I'd love to have @TheOfficial_CT bear hug me!
- @TyrieBMTV: @RobbMTV so u know ur my dude and all.. But u kno I gotta crack u in the jaw next time i see u right? I mean we fam, but rules are rules lol
- @RobbMTV: @TyrieBMTV the whole ass on head thing?
- @TyrieBMTV: LMFAO yessir “@RobbMTV: @TyrieBMTV the whole ass on head thing?”
- @RobbMTV: @TyrieBMTV deservedly so. Sorry about that again brudda. 😁
- @ZachMTV: I'm pretty sure @TheOfficial_CT was snarling, @PrestoMagicmtv had a boner, and @Knight_MTV was just losing his buzz from the previous night
- @MTVJess: Can't we just hug and make up guys!? @QueenBirdness #rivals2 #ummno #kayybyee
- @CookeMTV: Sorry for busting your lip girl @NaomiMTV had to get one hit in 😉
- @MTVDerek: Hell ya #Rivals2 is trending.. way to go guys
- @MTVBananas: Is it just me or does it look like @mtvfranksweeney has done this whole catching thing before? #Rivals2
- @mtvfranksweeney: @MTVBananas Well, when you're good, you're good.
- @SarahRiceMTV: “@MTVBananas: Is it just me or does it look like @mtvfranksweeney has done this whole catching thing before? #Rivals2” HILARIOUS!!! #loveit
- @ZachMTV: If @MTVtrey can't jump, and we lose I told him not to get out of the water, just swim back to America. @MTV
- @MTVTrey: @ZachMTV @MTV fuck you Fabio!
- @MTVBananas: Damn I guess white men CAN jump! @RoyLee25mtv  #Rivals2
- @Knight_MTV: Nice job @PrestoMagicmtv great catch knight #rivals2
- @NanyMTV: Watching the way Zach legitimately SCOOPED Trey up was ridiculous. I wish they would've shown it.
- @JDeezyMTV: Come on now jumping challenge. How I not get that win
- @ZachMTV: Don't worry I wasn't  constipated my bawls just hurt.
- @MTVTrey: My first ever Challenge win. I needed that.
- @JazMTV: Good job boy team green @ZachMTV @MTVtrey #Rivals2
- @MTVtrey: @JazMTV thanks babe
- @Knight_MTV: Trey when he wins will talk about it the rest of the week, Hey @MTVBananas u see my jump bro we won
- @EmFitMTV: @ZachMTV just bicep curled trey
- @MTVtrey: @EmFitMTV wouldn't expect you to say anything less
- @EmFitMTV: @MTVtrey lol did you see the slow mo? Stop talking.
- @TheresaMTV: BEAST!! @EmFitMTV @paulawalnutsMTV
- @DiemBrownMTV: Lol he he he it was SO funny to watch @MTV RT @CaliBamaBelle: Alpha males running and jumping to their mothers #Rivals2 God, I love her!
- @ZachMTV: Ill admit it, @mtvtrey can jump. He's a good athlete.. And he proved me wrong. @mtv
- @JordanMTV: Damn it!! #teamrookies should have done so much better! but its just the first one, Next, gotta make it through the politics! #Rivals2
- @Knight_MTV: We're winning now all the broads love me ;) #rivals2 the challenge
- @LaToyaJMTV: I got my boyfriend watching the hell outa this #Rivals2  like I'm on it lol

> The Politics Begin... 
- @MTVJess: #alliances #rivals2 here it goes!!!!!
@JazMTV: This is where shit gets crazy!!! Political talk starts!! Johnny doesn't run shit but his f*** mouth!!! #justsaying #Rivals2
- @MTVFrankSweeney: ...And here come the stupid mistakes from a real stupid guy. #Rivals2
- @Knight_MTV: The politics start too soon @mtv #Rival2
@JDeezyMTV: Bad move by CT it's too early to be making power moves
- @TheresaMTV: I feel bad for @mtvfranksweeney he gets such a bad rep.. Dude is wayyy legit!! 👍 #IfeelU #Rivals2
- @NanyMTV: @jonnamtv and I did not plan on matching deliberation outfits... I SWEAR
- @JDeezyMTV: It's perfect that the girls vote for the guys and vice verse #Rivals2
- @MTVJess: Vote @MTVBananas and @mtvfranksweeney !? I mean I am a #rookie #rivals2 but even I knew quick just don't! #kayybyee
- @RobbMTV: Throw me in? Good. I love sending people home.
- @TheMarkLong: Steamy first episode of #rivals2 @mtv @BunimMurray

> The Voting... and The Twist
- @MTVJess: This sucked! CRAZYYYY MIND BLOWN #RIVALS2
- @JDeezyMTV: Dang @MTVDerek @RobbMTV they just going in on y'all
- @RobbMTV: @JDeezyMTV @MTVDerek I know riiiiight
- @JDeezyMTV: @RobbMTV @MTVDerek it's crazy cuz we thought for sure we were going in
- @RobbMTV: @JDeezyMTV @MTVDerek I thought so too haha. I was ready to get wasted that night.
- @JDeezyMTV: @MTVDerek I know bro that definitely threw everybody off
- @Knight_MTV: What a twist #Rivals2  changes the game drastically
- @MtvJess: @tjlavin  was like swerve! #not girls vote! Game changer!!!!!
- @JDeezyMTV: Awwww shiiiit #TeamRookies make it through week 1 leh go #Rivals2
- @RoyLee25MTV: #GameChanger rivals 2
- @JazMTV: That moment changed everyone ...once again @tjlavin made me almost shit pants a second time! #Rivals2
- @MTVFrankSweeney: #NoNewFriends Look at these idiots trying to make power moves and FAILING #Rivals2
- @ZachMTV: We all started singing "as long as my bitches love me" @MTV
- @MTVBananas: Wow @TheOfficial_CT  it looks like sometimes the best laid plans do fall flat! Girls controlling the guys fate, how's that for a #GameChanger #Rivals2
- @AneesaMTV: Shit just got real #Rivals2
- @JDeezyMTV: Aww man we got 2 Goliaths a Ginger and a Mexican in the first elimination. Hmmm this should be great #Rivals2
- @JordanMTV: Thank god the girls control this one. @JDeezyMTV and i have some pull there. the guys didnt like the threat though!lol
- @TheOfficial_CT: I love that the whole reason i got sent in was lack of conversation... THATS A CROCK OF SHIT....lol it was majority vote
- @MTVFrankSweeney: Even a rookie would know better than to try an execute a major move early in the game. #ReasonsWhyTheSamePeopleAlwaysLose #Rivals2
- @JazMTV: Everyone who thought they were running shit weren't!!! #Rivals2
- @MTVDerek: the best part of this is i did my first challenge with these veterans and it was ALWAYS ROOKIES FIRST... fuckin joke
- @ZachMTV: @RobbMTV is an all around awesome guy.
- @RobbMTV: @ZachMTV thanks boo ❤
- @ZachMTV: What can I say, I love gingers. @wesmtv  RT @RobbMTV: @ZachMTV thanks boo ❤
- @WesMTV: @ZachMTV @RobbMTV We've infected the world with a new fetish #SexiestGingerInTheWorld 
- @JazMTV: I was hurt those bitches voted in my babies @MTVDerek @RobbMTV
- @RobbMTV: That twist was more like a twist to my shnuts than anything else. #ouch  Send me in? Well aren't you a bunch of D... ;)  #Rivals2
- @MTVFrankSweeney: God the lengths losers will go to in order to gain a vote in their direction. #Rivals2 #Pathetic
- @MTVJess: COME ON @QueenBirdness !!!!! #really   And Ana said I would be bad at the politics aspect!!!! #Rivals2
- @JDeezyMTV: I mean both rookie teams just stepped in the house like we been in it for years #Rivals2
- @MTVDerek: Anywho.. Im not scared to go in.. Give me something with a puzzle or running or swimming.. PLease dont let it be physical
- @emileefitz: The first vote on #Rivals2 was bullshit. Everyone that voted @MTVDerek in had a tie. Just admit it was bc @RobbMTV has red hair. #gingracism

> In 'Da Club
- @NanyMTV: CLUB SWET That was such a crazy night
- @JazMTV: Club night!!!!!!
- @MTVFrankSweeney: Let them shake. Because half of these geriatrics haven't met ME yet. #Rivals2
- @MTVJess: Club time.....with NO music! Ha ha  #Rivals2
- @MTVShowBlog: Phuket's hottest nightclub in Club Sweat. They've got everything! Old hook-ups, new hook-ups, and no shortage of drama. #Rivals2
- @ZachMTV: "I would have perfect attendance if you were my teach" spoken in a thick Boston accent, what girl wouldn't like that..
- @WesMTV: Fuck yea Club Sweat @MtvJess
- @MtvJess: “@WesMTV: Fuck yea Club Sweat @MtvJess” music was missing but we were what's up! #Rivals2
- @MtvJess: @ZachMTV teach me those sweet dance moves. Ha ha #rivals2
- @TheOfficial_CT: @QueenBirdness I was only jokin' babe...
- @SarahRiceMTV: Aaaand then CT goes and hooks his teeth into Anestasia.. Oh sheesh..
- @Knight_MTV: @TheOfficial_CT a flirted with u nooooooooo really bird
- @ToriFiorenza: Watching #Rivals2 with the hubs!! Night one is always fun...the craziness after that not so much. #TheChallenge
- @JordanMTV: The thighs got a sweet close up Dude @mtvfranksweeney
- @mtvfranksweeney: @JordanMTV Quads go hard. #Rivals2
- @TheresaMTV: @ZachMTV BEST dancer in the house!! @DancingABC @MTV #Rivals2
- @MTVBananas: I never thought I'd say this but @WesMTV is actually making sense. What doesn't make sense is the orange thing growing on top of his neck!
- @WesMTV: People of the world: yes, I know I'm skinny. I don't work out anymore and I work 70 hrs a week. I invest in startups & I love my new life.

> Naomi Leaves
- @Knight_MTV: Love u @NaomiMTV
- @JazMTV: Watching @NaomiMTV breaks my heart!!! I know exactly what she is going threw!!
- @NanyMTV: @NaomiMTV you made the right decision sis... Love you always
- @ZachMTV: @naomimtv was a breath of fresh air in the house, I was sad to see her go. #PrayersUp
- @MTVFrankSweeney: @NaomiMTV Prayers for you & your family. You made the right choice.
- @MTVTrey: Only spent a short time with @NaomiMTV but she was cool w/ me and I respect her decision to go. #FamilyFirst
- @CookeMTV: “@EdwinMontanez: @CookeMTV is being so supportive and I love it. Beautiful thing @NaomiMTV #Rivals2” family trumps all no matter what!
- @JDeezyMTV: Damn Naomi is gone. That sucks cuz she had that phat booty!!! #Rivals2
- @NaomiMTV: I have not seen the episode..but thanks for the support it..I was able to see my father before he passed and that was so worth the while
- @NaomiMTV: @CookeMTV I love u and thank u for being so supportive I know how much family means to u and I appreciate u for being on my side 😘❤❤👭👭
- @CookeMTV: @NaomiMTV love and miss you!!!! ❤❤❤

> Jasmine vs. The Glass
@JazMTV: That really hurt!!!! #Rivals2
- @MikeRossMTV: I swear I'm not about to walk in...haha #Rivals2
- @MTVJess: OMG lol 😂 poor Jaz #rivals2
- @MTVTrey: Lmao at my girl @JazMTV walking into that glass. Should've been on a commercial for Windex
- @MTVDerek: Damn @JazMTV bitch got knocked the fuck up hahhha
- @NanyMTV: DID EVERYONE SEE WHEN @JazMTV WALKED FACE FIRST INTO THE SLIDING GLASS DOOR?!?! 😂😭😂😭😂😭 #bestdayofmylife

> Cooke Stays
- @JDeezyMTV: Uh oh elimination round is about to be intense as hell #Rivals2
- @JazMTV: Dunbar is still sexy!!! Goshh spring break 2010 was fun!!! Lol
- @CookeMTV: Plz plz plz give me a partner!
- @MTVJess: The way this voting went <
- @Knight_MTV: We love Cooke and are glad she stayed
@MTVJess: So happy for @CookeMTV
- @CookeMTV: Thank you thank you thank you @tjlavin 😄 new partner!!!! Get to stay in thighland!!!! 😝 Who will I get!?!? @heathermarter ? A random??? #Rivals2

1st Jungle: Dunbar/Tyrie vs. Derek/Robb
- @JDeezyMTV: Aww shiiiizle this elimination is right up my alley. #TexasTech days  Speed could be a good factor in this elimination
- @MTVFrankSweeney: All in @RobbMTV & @MTVDerek! Two great competitors with great hearts! #Rivals2
- @MTVDerek: anddd its physical... god damnit
- @MTVJess: Oh shoot son!!!!! #rivals2
- @Knight_MTV: I fucking liked both these teams I had no idea who to root for #Rivals2
- @RobbMTV: Gonna channel my inner slash and axl rose for this jungle. #WelcomeToTheJungle #rivals2
- @MTVDerek: DING BITCH
- @MTVJess: Team @RobbMTV and @MTVDerek want it bad! Not about the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog!! 👌👏✨
- @MTVBananas: Damn @MTVDerek you sure know how to plug up a hole buddy! #Rivals2
- @CamilaMTV: I hope y'all enjoyed the premiereof #Rivals2! This season is going 2be #camilacrazy!!!
- @MTVDerek: whos gonna win it??? i think we got this buddy @RobbMTV
- @PrestoMagicMTV: @MTVDerek @RobbMTV woot whoot I love these two men!
- @Knight_MTV: Holy shit that was close
- @JazMTV: Woooooo Robb and derek!!!!! Poor Tyrie :(
- @MTVFrankSweeney: @RobbMTV & @MTVDerek My favorite ginger & Speedy Gonzalez. #Rivals2 #Congrats
- @Knight_MTV: @MTVDerek @RobbMTV great win #Rivals2
- @MTVBananas: Atta boys @DunbarMerrill and Tyrie! You flew all the way to Thailand for a free t-shirt! #Rivals2
- @MTVJess: Sad for @TyrieBMTV
- @WesMTV: My vote is for @dunbarmerrill and @TyrieBMTV to be partners on Rivals3
- @MTVDerek: win for #teamsunshine.. way to go buddy @RobbMTV
- @RobbMTV: @mtvderek good. fucking. win.
- @TyrieBMTV: @RobbMTV @MTVDerek good win gentlemen. Would love to see how it go if I had a partner
- @RobbMTV: @mtvderek your little twinkle toes really came through tonight. Pro-ceed witcha quick self.
- @Chet_Cannon: @DunbarMerrill seriously, bro?  #Rivals2
- @DunbarMerrill: @Chet_Cannon Are you seriously not aware of what that was?
- @Chet_Cannon: .@DunbarMerrill Tyrie told me carrying you on his back throughout the season would have put him in early retirement.  #Rivals2
- @DunbarMerrill: @Chet_Cannon that's low Chester... You know I'm struggling with food addiction right now...
- @Chet_Cannon: @DunbarMerrill haha.

Party Time!
- @JDeezyMTV: Made it through week one. Leh go! It's time to party. #Rivals2
- @PrestoMagicMTV: Well I've made it pass week 1! Goodnight folks
- @JDeezyMTV: This many people not liking each other in the same house it's just like a fire storm waiting to happen.
- @MTVJess: My east coasters thoughts about #Rivals2 premier !?
- @TheresaMTV: Pimpin' ain't easy, right?... C y'all next week!! @MTV #Rivals2
- @NanyMTV: Thats a wrap... Until next time my friends! #Rivals2 thanks for the love!!!! GOODNIGHT!
- @JemmyeMTV: Sooo how was the episode? #Rivals2
- @MTVTrey: Well I hope you guys enjoyed the premier as much as we hated filming it. See you next week! #Rivals2 @MTV Good night
- @AshleyMarieMTV: So what did you guys think about the first episode?! Do you think this is going to be a gooooood season? #rivals2
- @AneesaMTV: Hope you guys enjoyed #Rivals2 this season is gonna be crazy. Stay tuned and thanks for the loves
- @MTVDerek: THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT GUYS.. TRULY GREATFUL.. SEE YALL NEXT WEEK #Rivals2
- @MTVJess: Thanks for your support y'all. Y'all are amazing xoxo 😘💋👑✨ #Princess #bubblegum
- @JonnaMTV: What did you guys think if the premiere episode?
- @mtvfranksweeney: @MTV @BunimMurray ...And that's how you kick off a new season of #TheChallenge #Rivals2 So incredibly thankful for all of you supporting me and all of the cast members on #Rivals2 #Blessed
- @LauraLeeMTV: Rivals 2 looks like it's gonna be a good season .. I'm a fan!
- @CaraMariaMTV: i guess i'll be rooting for team @CamilaMTV and @JemmyeMTV this season. @mtv @BunimMurray #thechallenge #Rivals2
- @DiemBrownMTV: Ummm so watching #Rivals2 with my girls and they all think @ZachMTV is the modern day #fabio and that @MtvJess is a ray of sunshine :) @MTV
- @RobbMTV: Have fun next week ladies 😉 #Rivals2
- @Chet_Cannon: I'm just happy I made a cameo in The Rivals II premier...breaking up a fight with @RobbMTV and @MTVDerek
- @RobbMTV: @Chet_Cannon bahahahaha "Robb, you're acting childish." The best calm down talk of my life.
- @Chet_Cannon: Let's be honest, @RoyLee25mtv is so dope!  #Rivals2
- @AneesaMTV: I want to thank you all for watching #Rivals2 stay tuned... It only gets better
- @MTVBananas: Thank you all for spending your Wednesday night with me. These thumbs have seen enough action for one night, until next week! #Rivals2
- @QueenBirdness: My favorite part was, by far, Jessica trying to "hold" CT back in the Marlon pool argument. Lmaaaoooooooo.
- @SyrusMTV: Looking Good @MtvJess @Knight_MTV @CamilaMTV @MTVBananas @TheOfficial_CT @RoyLee25mtv @TyrieBMTV @MTVtrey @AneesaMTV @DiemBrownMTV #Get$
- @SyrusMTV: Rivals 2...Good 1st Episode! All of the same & plenty more !Good job BMP y'all always killing it! #MTV #rival2 #RealWorld #ChallengeRivals2
@RobinHibbard14: There is nothing in these #Challenge that the true old schoolers haven't already done. I love seeing the traditions continue. #Rivals2
- @jonnamtv: For the first time in all of my shows I'm getting a lot of love and support from my girls:)
- @Ayiiia_MTV: this season of @MTV's Challenge:Rivals II looks insaaaaaaaaane. Mi crazy familia. Beasts on top of BEASTS! #teamfrank #teamjonna #teamaneesa - @SarahRiceMTV: @mtv it's so funny! I totally know what's gonna happen (cause I was there, duh) but watching #rivals2 has me on the edge of my seat!!Oohwee!


So, that was a long post, right? Well, it was a fantastic 90-minute premiere and it was, as mentioned above, the busiest twitter day for me since that Sunday in New Orleans. And it also worked tremendously from a numbers standpoint: Wednesday's premiere was not only the day's top cable show in MTV's core 12-34 demo, but also Social Guide's most social TV series of the day - becoming a trending topic and driving MTV to the night's most buzz worthy channel with over 83,000 total conversations. Not bad for the so-called 5th major sport, whose latest season is taking place in a summer with no Olympics or World Cup soccer, just after a great NBA season and just before NFL training camp commences.
   And it's only just the beginning. DC Blog@dc408dxtr on twitter will be all over Rivals II as the drama & competition continues to unfold from Thailand. A Rivals II: As DC Sees It recap of this great first episode will come your way in the next few days, along with taking part in chats with the cast leading up to episode 2. This is I'll be busy in the coming week outside of Challenge land preparing for the other big thing this summer: my trip to Las Vegas. This'll be the first vacation I get to share with social media, and I'll be posting words & pictures across my social platforms from on the road in Sin City.

And just as I wrap, again as stated above, apologies for the foul language used in some of these tweets. I retained tweets in its uncensored form to retain the heat of the moment, I'm not responsible for any of the tweets by the cast. With that, thanks for reading, have fun and enjoy Rivals 2.

- DC


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).