Monday, February 6, 2017

DC FORUM Update - 2/6/17: A Message to Everyone...

The views & opinions expressed in DC FORUM are only of its blogger and
do not necessarily reflect the views of DCBLOG or affiliated parties.

A Word from the Editor
BY DC CUEVA                     
■ @DC408Dxtr  TW / IG / YT

Alright, it's late night, and as you all have taken a breath after the events of last night, once again I have taken to this site for a brief post to get something off my chest here after dark while most of you are asleep and where Twitter activity isn't as busy. Yes, I know it's after dark and most of you should be in bed with your eyes shut, but between you & I, if you got a moment to listen to me, it'll be most appreciated. So, here we go...


This is one of those kinds of posts that I always dread about writing on here and something that shouldn't be posted at all to risk impartiality, but as it was the case the two previous times I've been able to something like this since launching DCBLOG four years ago, unfortunately it is necessary. It's very much needed also to get my point across to all of you loyal readers who visit this blog and expect me to live up to your and mine's expectations to bring you the outstanding coverage you come to expect from this site. This is, after all, the place where I can best express myself and bringing not only the best work I can offer every week but also voice my opinions when the time comes around. This is one of those opportunities, just a day before the new season of The Challenge premieres.
   In those aforementioned two times - fall 2014 and last summer, I have discussed scenarios I have gotten into that I hoped I would not get myself into on that place I'm on every day known as social media. And both times, I have had the chance to put their names out there and on here for the sake of public embarrassment and putting a target on their back for something they did to me - who's always been a loyal fan of this thing called the MTV Trifecta. I would never want to wish bad luck upon those who I have targeted on here, but it's this questionable behavior known "you've been blocked on Twitter" that's been bothering me at times that I've been on here, and have had the chance to publicly call out three people on this site. Now, here's the latest instance and sadly, we will be adding a fourth person to what I call "The Blast List." That is, short of being "put on blast," as they say.
   We want to say here this off the top that this is in no way a criticism of any sort relating to the on-air actions of the person being targeted on here. I do have utmost respect for the person as a competitor and am looking forward to watching them on the upcoming season of Invasion starting tomorrow. It's just the online activities of that person that we are putting into question out in the open on here in this post for all of you to check out. And we feel that this article should serve as a caution to others of when you spot any red flags of someone being very ultra sensitive of any one's social media activity and taking things a bit more seriously than they really are in real life. Again, if you have a moment to read this entire brief post, it'll be worth your time. So, let's begin...

As you saw in a bit I did sometime last January, there was something that happened to me while I was following Bloodlines, and is worth repeating on here As I was going about compiling tweets and curating the real-time timeline for the weekly 'Pulse diaries that are posted here each weekend, I was reading one of the responses from one of the castmates when I glanced over them responding to one of the alums from The Challenge who wasn't on that season at this time last year. When I went to their page, I had found out that they had surprisingly blocked me - both on my primary @DC408Dxtr hub where I'm at all the time, and at DCNOW which I use to live tweet episodes.
   This really hurt my feelings to be really honest with all of you, and I had felt surprised and with no clue, no explanation, no whatsoever with why they chose to apply the block button to me, especially with this person being a favorite competitor of fans like me and those who follow her too. And because I am blocked on both avenues and won't be able to read or access their tweets unless I am not signed into my Twitter accounts on my desktop, unless all of you who read this site can reach out to her, I won't even have one opportunity to get in contact with her directly -- they've completely cut all ties with me... for not even saying one thing towards her on social media which I won't always do on Twitter or anywhere else that people can access.
   As all of you know, I'm not that emotional a person on social media as everyone else in keeping those feelings to myself, out of respect to everyone else. I am a true MTV fan who's established a great rapport with most of the community in my five years putting myself out there a bit more in social media. And over time I have matured a bit socially where now I devote resources to this site, and translating the passion I have for the Trifecta to this site, where so many of you who are on that 500-or-so person community who've been on these shows, or the millions who watch the episodes like I do, go to DCBLOG for this site's unique look at this reality TV ecosystem.
   And it's here that all my MTV coverage - Pulse diaries, the episode WRAP and our features - is done in an objective & journalistic, third-person manner with no opinions that could harm the subject unlike what you see on other sites or social networks. But somehow for no apparent reason that I have no knowledge of - whether it's here, Twitter or anywhere else, this user had to do what they had to do to me. And if I did something that harmed you, which I would never do on purpose, then I would take total responsibility for my actions. I totally feel that I did not do absolutely wrong and do not deserve to have this take place over a year ago.
   At the time, I wrote that I was not going to call out the person out of advice from a fellow follower who told me to not take this thing to this level, considering the first time this happened to me just before the premiere of Are You The One? Season 2 when two castmates from that season blocked me and didn't even bother to listen to any of my requests and forced me to go after them on here...same with what happened last summer also. But as this Challenge was going to take place and feature her, I have experienced a change of heart and have decided to take to this site and more than express my views.

Therefore, with that all accounted for - and in something I always dread to even do on here - I have to go on here to something that you would see as being playing dirty, but unfortunately this has to be done: I'm calling the person out - both their name and their Twitter handle so you can tell her to check out this post and tell her to unblock me. To me, there is really no other choice: either the person responds to this in those of you who follow them on her Twitter account, or I will take to the site and put them out there for all of you to see.


So, the person who I am calling out and putting on the Blast List is...

LAUREL


To Laurel, if you happen to be reading this, I apologize if I wrote or posted anything that somehow may have offended you and it's your choice to do what you had to do. I just wanted to tell you that I do not have any hard feelings toward you at all and wish you all the best in the future. Or if this was a total misunderstanding then do whatever you can to reform the bridges we used to have. That's all I wanted to say. And good luck on this season.

Now, if she doesn't get to read this, a message to all of you: if you notice that someone is behaving erratically on social media in blocking people for no apparent reason, then take action and tell them, "quit it" and don't take anything that you think is much more serious than it really is. There have been reports from a member of last season's AYTO cast as well as one of the Challenge fan sites I follow that Laurel has blocked them despite being fans of them.
   As for Laurel, and for what she's done to me and to others who have had to go through this ordeal, I will leave that to all of you to judge for yourself in this court of public opinion known as the comments located below and on my Twitter, @DC408Dxtr. Your input, as always, is most appreciated. And remember, don't be her or the three other people who've I had to put on blast here - Ashley, Garland and Camille of Are You The One?...you will be put on this list I would not want to put anyone on here. You will pay the price by having the public see your flaws on this site. For here, as I wrote last summer, this post will stay on here as a symbol of what not to do to me until Laurel takes action, and things will be back to normal.


Thank you to everyone for your continued support, especially to those who stay on my side in situations like this. And hope you enjoy the premiere of The Challenge Invasion coming in less than 24 hours. Talk to you back here this weekend.

- I AM DC
 #TEAMDC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).