Friday, July 6, 2018

DC ExtraTime: Dear Mama... from Simone

From Week 5 of Ex On The Beach USA

BY DC CUEVA                     
■ @DC408Dxtr  TW / IG / YT

As Las Vegas celebrates the Golden Knights taking the NHL's Western Conference title and advancing to the Stanley Cup Final earlier today in Winnipeg, Canada, it has been home to music fans this weekend in hosting both the Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand tonight, and the Electronic Daisy Festival up the way at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. As we're halfway thru EOTB, two notable exes are waiting in the wings including a member of the legendary cast with a link to the subject of this bit…
   The first time that we went to Hawaii in this site's five years of documenting this MTV beat was for Are You The One? Season 1… renowned in many ways for that, it introduced the romantic reality genre to MTV viewers and a memorable cast including that show's only perfect match who are husband, wife and parents: Amber & Ethan Diamond. But one game-changing moment that took place in Kauai four years ago was also the first time that a Truth Booth held as much meaning in the game as watching lights go up in the night sky at the Matchup.
   In Episode 6 - and with more to be discussed on this when her moment comes to enter the house, Shanley's crush in the house, Chris T., was put into the Truth Booth with Canadian native Paige... a scheme conceived by Chicagoan turned Atlanta DJ Simone Kelly to try and help the house get back into the game. Once the words "Perfect Match" appeared, all hell broke loose as Shanley went after Simone in the first high-profile fight to take place in the AYTO house, and by which Simone would later take her talents to three Challenge seasons afterwards.

Last Sunday was Mother's Day, and Simone chose the right day & place to reveal something new: music. She released a new song on both SoundCloud and Instagram called "Dear Mama," and not surprisingly she dedicated the track to every mom, including hers - the only parent in their house. Monie wrote in her IG caption @SimoneJKelly:
"Growing up in a single parent home wasn't always easy. There were times when the hot water and lights were off, I stole toilet tissue from school, and my mom even worked 3 jobs to make ends meet. But she did it with such grace and never complained.! I'm from Chicago where you gotta leave to make it, before u get shot or become another statistic. I knew there were always bigger things in store for me. My mama taught me how to be a fighter & go-getta. My nanny taught me how to cook and be so nurturing. And my tee tee taught me how to pray. They all raised me 💕 I use to say I wish I only had ONE talent, it would be so much easier to pick a stable career. However, God made us to be GREATER in more ways than we could ever imagine! This cover video is only a small step towards my journey as an artist & my artistry. My untitled EP will drop late Summer! The love & support I've received from the writers, to the producers, to the engineers for this project has been unimaginable. (I'm not gonna name drop just yet, lol) SINGLE COMING SOON! 🤞🏾 #HappyMothersDay 🌸"




- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).