Wednesday, April 29, 2020

DC ExtraTime: Introducing Baby Mila Mae

BY DC CUEVA                      
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB

It may feel like long ago now, but last fall there was another bombshell that had the world of MTV Reality shook once again. Though this time, there wasn't the kind of surprise that accompanied the first time that Cory Wharton announced to everyone that he was a dad once again, as many of those who've competed with him on many Challenges and shared an MTV show with him are now tackling life's biggest challenge of parenthood & raising kids when they're not entertaining us on our screens.

It was in mid-October that he and a girlfriend who he met on Ex On The Beach, Taylor Selfridge, granted US Weekly an exclusive scoop where they would announce that, in spring 2020, they would be expecting her first baby and his second kid in the span of just under three years. And for the second time in that same timeframe, everyone in the social universe once again had reason to give them congrats, all before he would fly out to Prague to film the current season of The Challenge, and his first time competing on the show in over a year.

IG @CoryWharton_IG
& @Taylor.Selfridge
In the six months since, they had the opportunity to host a gender reveal party some of their MTV friends including those in line to join the family for Total Madness, as well as everything that comes with expecting the newest member of the increasing family for both Cory & Taylor, which we've had a glimpse of on Teen Mom OG and with more to come there. But obviously, the ladder trimester of this pregnancy fell during this unprecedented time of the whole country being on lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and it was only when they found out that they would have a baby girl that it would be the only time they would celebrate the new entry with friends.

Regardless, everyone not only in Challenge Nation, but everyone else in the broader MTV community, have had this time of year of spring circled on our calendars well in advance, for that Cory would find himself on two separate shows airing on the channel on back-to-back nights, something that's a rarity in TV circles among programs that air just once a week: Teen Mom on Tuesday, and The Challenge on Wednesday. And this only adds more to the universe that surrounds the mom of his baby, Cheyenne Floyd, which brought them to the Teen Mom universe, joining the OG's of the series.

While Episode 4 of Cory's return engagement of The Challenge took over our attention at midweek last week, the focus for Cory & Taylor were on the final hours of her nine-month pregnancy. Last week's episode of Teen Mom saw him finding out the news of her having a baby, and in the hours before that saw them getting woke by a 3.8 earthquake that struck the Southland after midnight late on Tuesday. But last Wednesday night as Total Madness was airing out west, she was in labor as they were due to deliver her new baby... and at 9:17PM, twenty-two hours after arriving at the hospital and two hours after her water broke, they proudly welcomed baby girl Mila Mae Wharton.

The now 2-time father got to share the news for the first time on Instagram live in him saying, "She's here! Everybody's safe, everybody's healthy. Taylor's fine, the baby is gorgeous." Afterwards, they got to enjoy the first hours and days of her new life as a mom in private before yesterday, when on also on Instagram they officially welcomed their new kid to the social media universe. And in the captions that accompany the IG pictures below, the new parents got to officially welcome Mila Mae to everyone, one that the new dad got to say, "I MAKE SOME PRETTY BABIES!!!!", and the new mom calls of her new bundle of joy, "my little chunky butt."

 INSTAGRAM  @CoryWharton_IG 
"I want to WELCOME you guys all to
Mila Mae Wharton
4/22/20 9:17pm
9lbs 5oz
I have to say after watching @taylor.selfridge go through what she has been through just makes me realize how strong she is and how strong women really are!
After a 22 hour labor
Mila Mae Wharton was born
❤️ I’m now surrounded by all QUEENSπŸ‘Έ
I’m so blessed to be in this position and I’m so thankful that, in a time like this I was allowed in the room and I got to cut the umbilical cord. Which you guys probably know this was my first time going through this whole experience. I’m really excited for Ryder to become a big sister and I know she’s going to do a great job and she already loves Mila you guys have no idea ❤️ Lastly I just want to say thank you to EVERYONE who has reached out and sent your positive messages and positive energy and prayed for us ❤️
We’re all home safe and I have a healthy queen and that’s all you can ask for so again I just want to say thank you guys πŸ™πŸ½
O and just a side note πŸ“
I MAKE SOME PRETTY BABIES!!!!πŸ‘ΆπŸ½"

 INSTAGRAM  @Taylor.Selfridge 
"Mila Mae Wharton,
Welcome to this crazy world baby girl. I can’t even put into words how much I love you. After 9 months of carrying her, 22 hours of labor, 45 minutes of pushing, hearing her cry for the first time and the doctors putting her in my arms was the happiest I’ve ever been in my entire life. 9 pounds 5 ounces, mommy ate too many sweets with you
🀰🏼 Thank god for Cory because I didn’t think I was going to be able to do it the last few hours, I couldn’t have asked for a better support system. The last few days I’ve felt so full of love, she knows exactly who I am. I hope that every woman who wants children gets to experience this, I feel so connected and loved by her. Just like that I’ve turned into a mother and a protector which is why my comments will be off for this post.
Mila, I love you with every inch of my body. I’m emotional writing this because you can’t put a feeling like this into words. My best friend forever
πŸ’žπŸ€±πŸΌ my little chunky butt πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯° I get to smother you with kisses for the rest of your life 😘😌"








I want to WELCOME you guys all to Mila Mae Wharton 4/22/20 9:17pm 9lbs 5oz I have to say after watching @taylor.selfridge go through what she has been through just makes me realize how strong she is and how strong women really are! After a 22 hour labor Mila Mae Wharton was born ❤️ I’m now surrounded by all QUEENSπŸ‘Έ I’m so blessed to be in this position and I’m so thankful that, in a time like this I was allowed in the room and I got to cut the umbilical cord. Which you guys probably know this was my first time going through this whole experience. I’m really excited for Ryder to become a big sister and I know she’s going to do a great job and she already loves Mila you guys have no idea ❤️ Lastly I just want to say thank you to EVERYONE who has reached out and sent your positive messages and positive energy and prayed for us ❤️ We’re all home safe and I have a healthy queen and that’s all you can ask for so again I just want to say thank you guys πŸ™πŸ½ O and just a side note πŸ“ I MAKE SOME PRETTY BABIES!!!!πŸ‘ΆπŸ½
A post shared by Cory Wharton (@corywharton_ig) on








Mila Mae Wharton, Welcome to this crazy world baby girl. I can’t even put into words how much I love you. After 9 months of carrying her, 22 hours of labor, 45 minutes of pushing, hearing her cry for the first time and the doctors putting her in my arms was the happiest I’ve ever been in my entire life. 9 pounds 5 ounces, mommy ate too many sweets with you 🀰🏼 Thank god for Cory because I didn’t think I was going to be able to do it the last few hours, I couldn’t have asked for a better support system. The last few days I’ve felt so full of love, she knows exactly who I am. I hope that every woman who wants children gets to experience this, I feel so connected and loved by her. Just like that I’ve turned into a mother and a protector which is why my comments will be off for this post. Mila, I love you with every inch of my body. I’m emotional writing this because you can’t put a feeling like this into words. My best friend forever πŸ’žπŸ€±πŸΌ my little chunky butt πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯° I get to smother you with kisses for the rest of your life 😘😌
A post shared by Taylor Selfridge (@taylor.selfridge) on



Not surprisingly, Cheyenne led the congratulatory messages in the Instagram comments as she wrote, "Congratulations! She’s beautiful & Ry Ry can’t wait to meet her ❤️," as everyone from the broader MTV community to even those from Temptation Island and 90 Day Fiance as well as a former NFL running back sent their congrats to Taylor & Cory. And we here, send ours as well to them too.

- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).