Friday, December 9, 2022

DC FORUM: Welcome to December

A Word from The Editor...
BY DC CUEVA                        
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB/TK

And so, we bring you into the month of December around here.... and if we haven't spoken to you that much in the past few weeks, then we wish for you and yours our very best for this holiday season. We know that this has been quite the year... and for us in my family that has truly been the case, and if you have noticed why things have been light around here over the past several months, then you'll know why I have taken time away from this site for that reason.

Over the course of the past month, I have laid off as far as my online activity has been concerned to take advantage of spending as much time as I can to spend with family as we celebrated Thanksgiving at our house with most of my relatives... it also happened to be my late father's birthday. Understandably things have not felt quite the same since he passed away back over the summer, and I have taken on the role of being the man of the house in helping out as much as I can with my mom, aunt and brother... and with my sister, her husband and their kids whenever they come over here. And as I speak to you on here right now, we also caught the cold bug... we are extremely aware of the current health situation as it stands as we are taking it easy, although it's not as serious as what many are going through right now.

We continue to be in a state of mourning some six months after my dad's death, as my mom has made daily visits to his gravesite and done nightly vigils for him. But this past month from when I marked my birthday back on November 13th to until the first weekend of this month, I got to do something I've never done before in paying it forward and holding my first-ever charity fundraiser on Facebook and Instagram for my inner circle. The efforts I made to put out the word to everyone in our family saw that appeal raise $500 to benefit the American Cancer Society... and I plan on doing another one of these around the one-year anniversary of his passing next summer.

It's with all of this in mind (plus problems with our home internet) that I have been well behind in DCBLOG's usually timely coverage of the fall 2022 MTV cycle, being headlined by The Challenge: Ride or Dies. Usually, content like the weekly episode Pulse and the ExtraTime series would go out in a timely manner... but because of the various things that have been happening to me off of this site (and the DC YouTube page) it has not been the case during this year. Not that anyone out there would mind because of the low-key nature of how things operate around here, but if you're a loyal viewer of this site then please accept my apologies in the slow nature of getting these posts out to all of you.

A serendipity to all of this is that this month should be quite busy with plenty of episode coverage, stories, the second part of "Who Are These Newbies?" for Ride or Dies, our first look at the first new cast in four years of a show we've covered from day 1, and other matters... and that is just for this site alone. This doesn't even put into account the DC YouTube site, as the Coast to Coast: Disneyland series is just underway... and you can look forward to plenty of holiday cheer there and on here. And we'll see you here this weekend.

- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).