Thursday, September 26, 2013

RIVALS II - The Live Reunion... As YOU Saw It

So, after the drama of both the finale of The Challenge: Rivals II and the first-ever live reunion show - for which I'm still trying to catch my breath after all the events of last night, I have a mission for those of you who were the lucky many to be in that audience in the MTV Times Square studio.

This season of The Challenge had it all and it capped off last night with another grueling final producing two worthy & great champions, followed by a reunion that made twitter headlines. Typically, reunions are some or more so feature the same type of drama that we see during the entire season. But since this time around, the Rivals II reunion was live & unedited - which means we get to see everything in an hour rather than most things, with a few getting left on the cutting room floor in a longer, taped session that's aired two weeks later. And with that, DC Blog is giving you a opportunity to talk about all the events of last night and of this season. This is the only time during the season where I actually interview people for my blog, and it's about the reunion; I leave the interviews with cast members to podcast & SpreeCast hosts like Brian Cohen at @BusDriversRoute, Andrew Kirk @CSUKirk, Reality Radio and Alex Govere @AlexGovere, though I do ask some questions on the SpreeCasts for which I make every effort to be in every cast chat.

The article I wrote on the Real World Portland reunion that two of my followers went to, Kevin & Kaitlyn, one which, compared with Rivals II, was pre-taped in advance two weeks before the finale aired earlier this summer - and posted just before the Rivals II premiere, is one of my favorite articles from my blog, receiving great reviews from both of them and has had over 100 page views. As they didn't go to this Rivals II reunion, this time around I'll be relying on fresh, new people to get your insight into the reunion process, bring us some scoop on what went on in the studio, and most importantly, giving you a chance to tell us what you thought, maybe vent a little bit too. From the punch seen on live TV to the never ending saga of CT & Diem and beyond, everything will be covered.

In the next few days, I'll be doing my best to reach out to as many of the audience members as I can to get their input. If you were in that studio being a bare witness to all the events, all you have to do is to either tweet, follow or send me a direct message to my twitter account @DC408dxtr, or for those who don't have a twitter, just shoot me an email to dc408dxtr@icloud.com and we'll set up things. All I just need to do is to watch the reunion at least one or two times over the weekend to put together the right questions to ask, and then I'll send you a questionnaire for you to fill out. You'll then have a week to answer as many of the questions in the form as you can, and you should preferably reply back to my email within a week of when you receive it in your inbox. Remember, the quicker you reply, the faster I'll be in posting it.

So, that is your mission. If you're a regular visitor to my blog, keep an eye out in the next few days for the final Rivals II edition of DC SocialPulse which will cover the last jungle, the final challenge and of course the reunion & the day or so after. I'll also write a review of this fantastic season, a sampling of the best tweets posted to me from the RW/Challenge family, and a thank you note to the entire RW/Challenge family on this great year that I've had in talking to them during RW Portland and this Challenge. Very soon, I'll start to build toward The Real World Back to San Francisco, and during the  months leading up to it, I'll be covering the sports & broader entertainment worlds on DC Blog.

For now, thanks for reading, have fun, and hope you enjoyed Rivals II as much as I did. Can't wait for what happens next. And see you here in the City.

- DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).