Saturday, January 4, 2014

DC BLOG: What's to Come in 2014

By DC Cueva
@DC408dxtr

Well, happy new year to everyone if we haven't talked yet. And welcome to 2014 and my first DCBLOG post of the new year (sorry, haven't posted a blog in the past few weeks, been busy with the holidays). Looking back on the past year and a half, I've really grown in the social media world. Joining Twitter, Instagram, Blogger and expanding my social media footprint beyond Facebook & MySpace has really benefited me. I'm able to communicate with people I've never known until I met them virtually, along with those we all know in the entertainment and sports worlds.

Here on the 'Blog since I joined at the beginning of last summer, we have covered a number of things, including some sports, music and other things along the way. And I shared you a couple memories that stand out to me having just turned 30 this past year.
   But, of course, we have devoted most of our resources here covering The Real World and The Challenge, which is what I have been most into the past year - you can tell my obsession by me tweeting with the cast & posting some IG pix that's RW/Challenge related. We provided our unique  SocialPulse of how the cast & fans saw the biggest moments of a great Challenge season in Thailand, gave you a unique fan's point of view at the cast reunions for both Rivals II and RW Portland, and covering all angles of the franchise I follow most in the television world. I received nothing but positive feedback from fans and some cast members for the great job I've done covering the shows, not bad for someone who only took up blogging when he found an app for his iPad to write about these things.

As for what's coming up, you can expect another busy time for me here on the Blog. We will again be devoting the same kind of wall-to-wall coverage for the upcoming Real World Ex-Plosion throughout the season as it unfolds from here in the Bay Area, beginning this Wednesday. DC SocialPulse will return to provide an exclusive running diary of episode tweets from cast, alumni & fans as the drama and everything takes place in the loft and in the city. I'll also be getting fans' point of view on the season including Reunion Revealed, and may expand to also cover the After Shows as well (they film that the day after the premiere). And since this is the first full Real World that I'll be blogging on, I'll be utilizing my broad knowledge of this series to put this all in historical perspective, with my work cut out in a number of story ideas that I'll be able to blog about as the season rolls on. Expect coverage to be extensive and with the next RW blog coming up this weekend as the season debuts this week.

I'll also be devoting more & more posts on here covering the sports world, especially with the busy year that's coming. Of course, the two biggest events of the season are coming: Super Bowl XLVIII in New York City, followed four days later by the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. And you can expect plenty of coverage of the ladder as the latest edition of the one sports event I look forward to most takes place in February, and we'll also blog during the busy first part of the sports year with the NBA All-Star Game, NASCAR, March Madness, golf, MLB, NHL and more also taking shape, leading us to the year's other big sports event, the FIFA World Cup in Brazil in the summer.

Then, I'll be carrying that momentum from both San Francisco and Sochi right into the upcoming season of The Challenge. And as we did with Rivals II, we'll be on top of Challenge 25 as well: SocialPulse, fans' POV and so much more. Looking at the cast that will again have a good mix of veterans and newcomers, I'll have my work cut out once again in introducing (or re-introducing) some of the competitors to those passionate Challenge fans. And if what we've seen with TJ tweeting after the very first mission, and from one of those on this cast is true, we should be in for another fantastic Challenge season. So, expect wall-to-wall Challenge coverage coming your way in the springtime.

Aside from the RW/Challenge franchise and the sports world, I'll be expanding my blogging horizons as well, as promised in my first post. With the Grammys on the horizon, I'll be looking at the nominations and cover music on here too. Plus, we'll also be launching DC Inside, where I'll be taking an inside look at things I'm most into. And we'll cover other things too, including that Vegas travelogue.

So, we're off and running. Enjoy your weekend, and talk to you then.

- DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).