Sunday, February 14, 2016

DC Big Game 50: Live at Super Bowl 50

A DCBLOG Sports Special
BY DC CUEVA                           
@DC408dxtr / @DC408dxnow

Last week, we saw a game that was poorly played and saw the likely last hurrah for the great Peyton Manning. But watching the game itself paled in comparison to one of the biggest moments I've ever had as a longtime sports fan for 25 years. It was three days before Super Bowl 50 that I had the great pleasure of stepping foot on the very grounds that hosted the golden anniversary occasion of America's biggest sports event and an unofficial national holiday.
   Ask anyone what it's like of being in a big sports event, and they'll tell you it's the biggest and most surreal experience you'll ever have as a sports fan. And it doesn't have to be at the actual event itself...just being at any event that's associated with the game itself will bring that unique experience to those who don't have tickets. I've been to so many sports events since I went to a Warriors game as a 10-year-old in 1993 - spanning the four major sports. I've also mingled in Las Vegas at a boxing mega-fight when Manny Pacquiao faced Miguel Cotto during my 26th birthday weekend, where the atmosphere is just as energized. As a strong Bay Area sports fan, I've celebrated many championships for the local teams since the '80s Niners dynasty. But nothing matches having experienced being on site during Super Bowl week at the very stadium that hosted the Big Game at Levi's Stadium.


 FIRST-HAND: LIVE AT LEVI'S 
Being the great sports fan that I am, I always look forward to this time of year when the biggest sporting event in our country takes place. But with Super Bowl 50 being held here in the Bay Area, once the ramp-up to February 7th began I always had eyes towards taking advantage of the experience of having this thing I sometimes like to refer to as the circus being in my part of the world. Plus, I'm situated not that far from Levi's Stadium, so it will always feel like a home game to me to head there, just as I did on Thanksgiving Night 2014 for Seahawks/Niners.
   On Thursday, February 4th, with everything going on in and around the Bay Area for Super Bowl 50, and this being that Thursday where I meet with my friend, I thought about taking advantage of going to at least one Super Bowl-related event while it's happening here. I had looked over all the events taking place down in San Jose and up the way in San Francisco. Since most people outside this part of the world don't know much about Santa Clara where Levi's Stadium is located, it made most sense to have the big events take place in the City by the Bay. But considering how far it is from here, and though I wanted to go up to the NFL Experience and Super Bowl City - and would be able to go there via a combo of public transport (BART) and ride-share, it made sense to just stay down here.
   So as a personal compromise of sorts, I just decided to keep it down here in Silicon Valley and look for whatever event that's related to SB50. And then I thought, "What if I could take advantage of this one shot to actually go to Levi's Stadium and experience being on the ground just days before the big game?" Plus, there were the plans that I was originally going to just one of the satellite locations of the NFL Shop that they have during Super Bowl week whose main store is at the NFL Experience up in San Francisco.
   So, the plans were put in place and after I got off and my friend picked me up, we drove to Levi's Stadium and the area surrounding it. If you're familiar with where it's located, the stadium is located near both California's Great America theme park where we go each summer and across the street from the 49ers team headquarters. When I was there for Niners/Seahawks, I marveled at the whole place in that the team swapped that spot by Candlestick Point they moved in back in the '70s for a palace that's now a model for new stadiums in the NFL, just as AT&T Park was for the Giants.
   When we parked at the Hyatt Regency hotel - also across the street from the Levi's/CGA parking lot, I grabbed what I needed - selfie stick, water & all - and began taking pictures & video of the whole area. Not only there was the stadium, but also several large tents that would house the tailgate parties that took place in front of Levi's, and were of course adorned with the NFL golden logo and Super Bowl 50-related insignia. People who go to this grand occasion know that gameday is more than just the game...there is so much
   I was first at the merchandise stand with two trailers selling Super Bowl merchandise, then I sprinted up Tasman Drive - the very street that runs to the left of the stadium, and to within many feet of the stadium to where security gates were located. There were a number of other photographers who were also there to soak in that atmosphere and get as close as they can to the stadium. When I arrived there, Coldplay was rehearsing for their halftime performance, and we could hear Chris Martin & the guys performing from out in the street.
   While filming a close-up of the stadium, there were a couple helicopters flying around the area, which are likely security helicopters. Later, we saw an Army vehicle and soldiers located at a golf course located not far from the hotel, which again tells you how hugely guarded this neighborhood was. As you would suspect for an event as large as this (and only surpassed in terms of the amount of Homeland Security personnel & protection by a Presidential Inauguration), there was plenty of security all controlling the stadium and the surrounding area. I saw several security personnel as well as those in front of all the entrances in and around Levi's -- it's symbolic of how serious this event is in terms of it being guarded and protected to the greatest extent.
    Then, I walked back towards the hotel and once again passed by the souvenir stand. By then, a TV news crew & van had arrived, and so had many more fans as well. I also walked by the Santa Clara Convention Center, which during the week was the Accreditation Center for the thousands of media who descended upon the Bay Area for Super Bowl 50. If you're a media nut like myself, then you know that you can't go anywhere in certain places at major sporting events without having a media pass and appropriate credentials, which meant a place such as that to get credentialed is necessary.
   After taking more pictures of the goodies that adorned those merchandise stands, I headed for a brief time into the Hyatt Regency, where they too were also in the Super Bowl mood with the lobby being filled with SB50 decor, another merchandise stand and a good number of people mingling, with all the TV's being tuned to NFL Network, ESPN and other channels. Just about every hotel in the entire town was full in terms of capacity in advance of the game due to the many reservations made well in advance, and earlier in the week I went to the hotel in my town where it was also in SB mode as well, as well as a hometown celebration that gave away a pair of tickets.
   When I got back into the car, I couldn't believe that I was at the site of the greatest single day in American sports, and as my friend (this person's name shall rename anonymous) told me it's the closest we'll ever get to either a Super Bowl, an Olympics or any other large sporting event as this one. Afterwards, we then drove around the stadium and in the neighborhood as I again took pictures and video all around the stadium area. We got out briefly at a closed-off parking lot entrance to take pics of the stadium area, and also saw a golden "50" as well. Overall, it was a very surreal experience.
   So, Super Bowl week was definitely something else. I garnered as much SB50 merchandise as I can (including my longtime tradition of buying its game program), watched a good amount of TV coverage leading up to Sunday, and took advantage of having this circus in town. But nothing matches being on site just a few days before the game, and which I will say that I got to get as close as I can to the greatest sporting event in our country.


#DCSocialPulse EXTRA
TEAM MTV'S VIEW

Now, if you're a regular visitor to this site and follow this site's wall-to-wall coverage of the MTV Trifecta of The Real World/Challenge franchise and Are You The One?, you've become familiar with our exclusive social diaries that have covered every episode of these shows since this site began in summer 2013. Well, they had plenty of interest in this game, the halftime show and the commercials, particularly a few with ties to both the Broncos and Panthers. Here's how they saw it...

> 'Pulse Extra: SB50 as Team MTV Saw It
- Advisory: contains adult language for some readers, parental guidance suggested.
@whaattaafoxx: Ready for game day! #SuperBowl #CarolinaPanthers #KeepPounding πŸ’™
@susie_meister: My favorite part of the Super Bowl is going to the grocery store during the game to enjoy that peaceful post-apocalyptic experience
@ToriFiorenza: Heading to church with my little men, Super Bowl party downtown tonight...#bestsunday #SB50 #Broncosforthewin
@MTV_AMANDAG: Today's the big day!!! LETS GO BRONCOS!!!! Whoop some ass!!!!#SuperBowl50 #OrangeAndBlue #BroncoNation
@JustJem24: BeyoncΓ© has already won #SuperBowl50 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaoONdpVIAAknnH.jpg
@ryanmalaty: GO BRONCOS!!!
@MTVtrey: Not sure if I'm more excited for the #SuperBowl or that Pokemon commercial at halftime.
@jamiechung1: It's been a tough year for us but I'm still representing my hometown San Francisco by wearing my… https://www.instagram.com/p/BBfuhhBBehN/
@ImSarahRice: "Why is Mike Ditka dressed like Barney?"-my husband #SuperBowl #ditka #SuperBowl50
@MTVBananas: My Sister: Can you get my kids ready for Church?  Me: Say no more! πŸ™πŸ˜‡  #unclebananas #sundayfunday #SuperBowlSunday
@jenniknapmiller: Plaid says Carolina. Shoes say Denver. Heart says, don't care #GoPackGo #SuperBowl50 https://www.instagram.com/p/BBf3JezyWf2/
@JamieChinaMTV: Rooting for the Panthers today because of Michael Oher. It'll be like watching Blindside 2😭❤️
@JustJem24: Since everybody is asking....
@MtvJess: Superbowl 50  - 39% Broncos / 61% Panthers  188 votes•Final results
@andrewschulz Andrew Schulz/Guy Code: Son Brandon Marshall hilarious!!! Said the star of the game will be the punter. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
‏@cthagod Charlamagne Tha God: It's a part of me that believes Peyton Manning isn't in the Super Bowl for no reason. I mean guys like him tend to go out on top right?  But from a strictly football standpoint I don't see how Denver keeps up with the Panthers unless their defense shuts Cam down completely.
‏@cthagod: So with that said the winner of Super Bowl 50 will be..... BeyoncΓ© After tonight we going to be saying to ourselves BeyoncΓ© should just have a residency at all Super Bowl halftime shows forever.
@AshleeFeldman: Is it time for Beyoncé yet? 🐝
‏@VINNYGUADAGNINO Vinny Guadagnino/Jersey Shore: Vinny prediction : Denver 23 Panthers 17
‏@lilduval lil duval: I hope Ray Lewis come out and do his dance
@MTV_TeeBoogie: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH THEY BOO'ed the shit out of Brady
‏@stephencbuell: Booing MVPs... classless
‏@andrewschulz: Watch Steph threw his fucking back out hitting that drum.
‏@RealSway Sway Calloway: Excited I can be here with my brother T. CaL.  Came a long way. God is good... #SB50 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CapfV4SVAAErcZ4.jpg
‏@cthagod: Every Civil War trailer is shitting on every Batman vs. Superman trailer. Not here for debate on this.
@cthagod: I really hope Cam and the Panthers can overcome Peyton's White Privilege. Just know if they lose that's what we blaming it on.
‏@MelanieIglesias Melanie Iglesias: My favorite sport 😊
@MTVASHLEYBROOKE: WHy did they show pictures of the golden gate bridge during the anthem... the game is in santa clara, over an hour away?! #sb50
@MTV: Lady Gaga!!!!!!!!! #SB50
‏@spencerpratt: Gaga bringing that πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ #SuperBowl
@itsJennyDelich: Can I just say, that was the best anthem sang in history #SuperBowl @ladygaga
@AshleeFeldman: Gaga slays. As always
@erikalauren: Damn @ladygaga just slayed that anthem!  #SuperBowl50
@Theresa_Gonzo: She definitely coulda dropped the mic after that solo.πŸ˜πŸŽ™
@madiwadi2by4: I'm so hormonal lady gaga just made me cry #superbowl
@ToriFiorenza: Lady Gaga killed it...lets go Broncos! #SB50
@AneesaMTV: πŸ™πŸΌ thank god for the Super Bowl and friends that can cook https://www.instagram.com/p/BBgP3-UksGb/
@CamilaMTV: Who's going to win the Super Bowl? 🏈🏈🏈 #SuperBowlSunday #SuperBowl50  43% Panthers / 57% Broncos  456 votes•Final results
@kailah_casillas: There's a girl at this #SuperBowl party drinking wine. Girl, put a damn beer in your hand. How unamerican?!
@spencerpratt: #Doritos
@n_zanattaMTV: Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Who is everyone rooting for and what beer is everyone drinking?!?!😝
@_shaebradley Shae/Buckwild: No halftime performance will ever compare https://www.instagram.com/p/BBgSRFav33q/
@whaattaafoxx: #KeepPounding https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CappBCLW4AA8Gpc.jpg
‏@MTV: This just in: A puppy monkey baby is going to haunt my dreams tonight. #SB50
@cthagod: Puppy, Monkey, Baby is disgusting.
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: These commercials 😴😴😴
@cthagod: See the fix might be in. That was a catch.
@erikalauren: If the Panthers lose, that bad call will forever be blamed!  #superbowl50
@lilduval: Touchdown #puppymonkeybaby
@MTVtrey: How good is Von Miller? #SuperBowl
‏@CamilaMTV: I hate losing, but if I'm gonna lose I'd rather lose to winners. Show me what you got #Broncos!!! #SuperBowl  #patsnation #superbowl50
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: Lol Key and peele for the save
@BSwiftMTV: Who is dumb hyped for jungle book?! #SuperBowlCommercials
@SammiSweetheart Sammi "Sweetheart"/Jersey Shore: ☺️☺️πŸ•πŸ•πŸ• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaprFESWcAAQfFb.jpg
@andrewschulz: Taunting after a 3rd down sack in the super bowl. Are you fucking kidding me?
@erikalauren: I'm dying TJ Miller in that Shocktop commercial πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ #SuperBowl50
@lilduval: Panthers know this the super bowl? πŸ€”
@cthagod: Why it sound like it's not a lot of Panthers fans in the stadium?
@whaattaafoxx: Watch us get this W! #CarolinaPanthers #SB50 #KeepPounding
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: Can Stewart be in the dunk contest next week
@TheMarkLong: Talib needs to chill......#superbowl50
@Pratt_MTV: Is there anything good on tv today? I'm bored. #SteelersNation
- @whaattaafoxx: @Pratt_MTV This CAROLINA game. I mean..
@lilduval: Now that it's a dance contest in the NFL, I wonder who gon be the first the do a ballerina split
@MTVtrey: A new Ninja Turtles movie?! Fuck yeah!
@cthagod: The OG Steve Harvey with a Super Bowl commercial based off an honest mistake. Some people just win no matter what.
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: Steve Harvey's  biggest fuck up ever got him a super bowl commercial and pay day
@AshleeFeldman: Yoooooo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­ this one really got me guys. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CapxlM9UsAAumkF.jpg
@whaattaafoxx: LUUUUKKKEEEEEE #KeepPounding
@ChallengeMTV: @CamilaMTV Who's gonna win this Challenge?! 😝🏈
‏@VINNYGUADAGNINO: When's Payton gonna play
@andrewschulz: Super Bowl this weekend. NBA All Star Game next weekend. These groupies gonna be sore.
@IamAdamKuhn: Broncos
‏@cthagod: I haven't seen Cam crack a smile all game. This isn't Cam like. He don't seem like he's having fun.
@CamilaMTV: I keep eating and I'm full. #SuperBowl
‏@cthagod: Coca Cola commercial with Hulk and Antman better than all Superman vs. Batman trailers.....
@PBandJenelley_1 Jenelle/Teen Mom: Come on with the butterfingers ! 😁 #KeepPounding @Panthers πŸ™ˆ
@RashidaZakiya: Going for the  @Panthers !!! Get it together 😩
@cthagod: Peyton Manning White Privilege might be too strong. It's empowering the whole team.
@CamilaMTV: But goddamn #CamNewton Is Sexy. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ #SuperBowl
@tabron27: Who are we rooting for??!! #Broncos or #Panthers !? 😁🏈 #SuperBowl #Superbowl50
@PBandJenelley_1: There we go !!!! @Panthers πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
@lilduval: Panthers defense is saving them
‏@MTVtrey: Horrible throw but amazing INT. #SuperBowl
‏@MTV_TeeBoogie: Yo!! Big dude snagged it!!
@cthagod: Cam really not playing loose. I know they got him under pressure but damn he don't look himself.
@MTVtrey: The Broncos already look better this #SuperBowl than their last. Obviously, this defensive unit is the reason for that. Good game so far
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: Mad movie trailers this year
‏@AshleyRickards Ashley Rickards/Awkward: OK OK, let's do another one 😁.. Who played Sam's boyfriend & later shot me in the boob on another TV show? #OneTreeHill #SuperBowl #Trivia
@TheRealNiaMoore: They on Cam's ass like flies on shit tonight 😩 Broncos got one hell of a defense though can't hate.
@BSwiftMTV: The way all of girls  love BeyoncΓ© is real. This is getting out of hand lol. Everyman looked at… https://www.instagram.com/p/BBgaSGRGViR/
@_shaebradley: Why does it seem like the panthers aren't even trying
@TheOfficial_CT: Gaga killed it! 😳 #starspangled #SB50 https://www.instagram.com/p/BBgaY-4NTOW/
@MTVtrey: One thing they haven't really discussed this week (b/c they were focused on everything else): Cam Newton throws a straight lazer of a ball ☄
‏@toddyrockstar Todrick Hall/Todrick: I'm dying right now. Beyonce's only 18 seconds away! Cannot wait for this. I think she should just be the resident Super Bowl performer
‏@MTV: It's FINALLY time for the #SB50HalftimeShow πŸ™Œ #SB50
@cthagod: The Panthers should be down by more than 6. Lucky for them the Broncos offense sucks.
@cthagod: Cam didn't smile, dab, didn't even celebrate his first downs in the first half. Something ain't right.
‏@hollandroden Holland Roden/Teen Wolf: The Super Bowl has begun....
@justincampphoto https://www.instagram.com/p/BBgbjt8xbz9/

‏@SarahMGellar Sarah Michelle Gellar: So nice of these padded men to play this game as an into for @Beyonce @coldplay and @BrunoMars #SuperBowl #SuperBowl50
‏@MatteoLane Matteo Lane: BeyoncΓ© will eat Coldplay during the halftime show.
‏@AshleyRickards: My favorite part of #SuperBowlSunday starts right now! #HalftimeShow #Guilty #SB50 🎀 🏈
‏@snooki Nicole Polizzi/"Snooki" Jersey Shore: I love Coldplay!!!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
@MTV: Hi, Coldplay. #SB50
‏@DaveHolmes Dave Holmes: A gang of screaming fans running right past Chris Martin says so much.
@MTVtrey: Coldplay is an epic choice - I don't care what anyone says! #SuperBowl
‏@JustinHires Justin Hires: Cool stage. I thought those kids were gonna run over Chris Martin tho #SB50
@MTV: Beyonce, where u @ ????? #SB50
@AshleeFeldman: Remember that time he named his child Apple?
@JustinHires: How many of y'all just waiting on BeyoncΓ©?? lol #SB50
@jenniknapmiller: K wake me up when B is on stage. #SuperBowl50
‏@CamilaMTV: Can I be at this stage right now?!?!?! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ˜πŸ˜ #SB50 #SuperBowl #Coldplay
@MTV_Candice: This my shiiiiiittttttt!!! Ayyyee πŸ’ƒ #Coldplay #SB50
‏@jordancarlos Jordan Carlos: #Coldplay truly rocks in a way that's never insulting to corporate interests #PepsiHalftime
@cthagod: Coldplay and this Bruno Mars guy really are eating into Beyonce's time. I hate when opening acts do that.
‏@emilyeIizabeth Emily Elizabeth: LOVING all of the color❤️πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ˜ @coldplay #SB50
@RashidaZakiya: #UptownFunk is my song !! Yay @BrunoMars
‏@tabron27: Bruno Mars is getting it right now! #SuperBowl #SuperSunday #PepsiHalftime #SB50\
@Chet_Cannon: Mentally debating whether or not I could pull off that @BrunoMars outfit #SuperBowl
@lilduval: Ain't nobody fucking with Bruno Mars
@DaveHolmes: Bruno is Bobby Brown from the shoulders down, Tito Jackson from the neck up.
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: Uh oh
‏@donnellrawlings Donnell Rawlings: Go Bruno! Here comes the queen!
@cthagod: Bruno Mars looks like a 47 year old Spanish aunt who thinks she still got It....
@MTV: OKAY, LADIES, NOW LET'S GET IN FORMATION. #SB50
@RashidaZakiya: Yass baby !! @Beyonce get it !
@tabron27: Oh shit BeyoncΓ©! #SuperBowl50 #SuperBowl #PepsiHalftime #SuperSunday
@MTV_Candice: Watch all the B's and H's go cray for Beyonce.  #SB50
‏@MandoFresko Mando Fresko: Beyonce just smiled at me. #SB50
@jenniknapmiller: Just got goosebumps!
@CamilaMTV: If only all men could move like @BrunoMars & all women could move like @Beyonce #SB50
‏@blacuesta: YAS THE QUEEN HAS ARRIVED!
@MTV_Chuckalodon: Too hot, hot Carl @in_my_SHEETS @MTVbigD #superbowl50
@A_Bartolotte: BeyoncΓ© is a goddess
@blacuesta: #QueenBey
@snooki: Who else is screaming YASSSSSSSSS?! #SuperBowl
@ToriFiorenza:
BeyoncΓ© knows how to bring it!!! #SB50 #HalftimeShow
‏@JABBAWOCKEEZ JabbaWockeez/ABDC: SB X BRUNO MARS #SB50 #SBatSB50
‏@_shaebradley: I really wish Bruno Mars would've sung I just can't wait to be king. I feel like he would've done a really good job hahahh
@MTV_TeeBoogie: INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!
@PBandJenelley_1: This is the sickest #HalftimeShow EVERRRRR !!! πŸˆπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ˜Ž @BrunoMars @Beyonce πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ #SB50
@MTV: I didn't know how badly I needed @Beyonce, @Coldplay and @BrunoMars to share the stage until right now. #SB50
@SteeloBrim: I'm pretty sure Bruno Mars is Jesus biological son
@jenniknapmiller: Coldplay in the back like wait wait LMAO #SuperBowl
@ryanmalaty: The #SuperBowl halftime show is dead. Yep. Bruno Mars and BeyoncΓ© just killed it.
@CamilaMTV: Talk about a dream team. πŸ™πŸΌ #SB50 #SuperBowl @Beyonce @BrunoMars @coldplay
@PBandJenelley_1: Love the fact they did a dance off !!!! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ‘‘πŸ˜‚ @Beyonce @BrunoMars #HalftimeShow #SB50 πŸ’•
@cthagod: BeyoncΓ© and Bruno Mars look like they was about to remake WestSide Story....
‏@tabron27: This #PepsiHalftime show is CRAZY! 😍#SB50 #SuperBowl
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: Let's all hug
‏@mtvrrdarrell: Hands down! BeyoncΓ© and Bruno killed it!!Best halftime show eva #SuperBowl #LevisStadium #HalftimeShow #Beyonce #BrunoMarsOnSuperbowl50
@Derek1Gaines: BeyoncΓ© and Bruno saved the show !!!!
‏@JamieChinaMTV: Such a weird combo, Queen B, Coldplay and Bruno Mars.... I'm about that lifeπŸ™Œ #ComeTogether
@jordancarlos: Guys, remember when Pepsi brought us the halftime all those years? Feeling all the feels #PepsiHalftime
@cthagod: Super Bowl 50 halftime show just wanted to make up for the diversity that the Oscars is lacking......
@DaveHolmes: HOT TAKE: That was the best thing that ever happened. #PepsiHalftime
@AshleeFeldman: 🐝❤️πŸ‘‘
@MTV: THE FORMATION WORLD TOUR???? I'M SCREAMING. #SB50
‏@Derek1Gaines Derek Gaines: #believeinlove
@shandathapanda: I FUCKING KNEW SHE RELEASED FORMATION SO SHE COULD PERFORM FORMATION AT THE SUPER BOWL SHES FUCKING QUEEN
@shandathapanda: Also side note, loved the halftime show.
@jenniknapmiller: Beyonce personal fan. MVP
@TheRealNiaMoore: That halftime show was literally nothing short of perfection. Love the theme. Such a feel good moment!
@TheJayDillinger: Bruno and BeyoncΓ© killed that for sure
@MTV_Candice: All time fav halftime show!!!  #beautiful #SB50
@erikalauren: I was not high enough to thoroughly enjoy that halftime show.  #Coldplay #superbowl50 #SB50HalftimeShow
@TheMarkLong: Pretty badass halftime show #superbowl50 #sb50halftimeshow #sb50
@roxystriar: That was everything. #Formation #SuperBowl #QueenBey
@RashidaZakiya: #HalftimeShow was amazing !!!!!! πŸ€—
@NaomiMTV: Only @Beyonce can drop a new song 24 hours b4 Super Bowl and still have everyone know the lyrics #SuperBowlSunday #Formation
@MTV_Candice: But umm was it just me or did yall think Beyonce almost fell πŸ˜• #SB50
@jenniknapmiller: YO I LOVE WHEN TWITTER HEATS UP AGAIN! HAYYYY Y'ALL #HalftimeShow https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaqAmHuUkAEFqHS.jpg
@CamilaMTV: #NOMORE ✌🏼️ #SB50
@shandathapanda: Nothing will top seeing Janet's nipple circa SB38
@StephenColletti: I'd like to thank @Beyonce for performing at my birthday party. Never forget to make a wish on your birthday candles, people. NEVER.
- @MTV: @StephenColletti happy birthday πŸ’˜ i love you a lot, bye.
@MTVBananas: Pepsi: What are you guys wearing at halftime?  Beyonce: Leather  Bruno: Leather  Chris: Some shit with rainbows on it.  #PepsiHalftime
@cthagod: Just give BeyoncΓ© a Super Bowl halftime residency and call it a day......
@shandathapanda: SB50 GOT ME WOKE IM WOKE
@Theresa_Gonzo: 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaqCtNiWwAA1CX4.jpg
@brittany_baldi: "@MTV_JESS: I wonder who @brittany_baldi is rooting for 😱 #NFL" RT Secretly still wishing the Pats were in it. But we know @ryanmalaty is pumped Denver is in ⭐️🏈
- @ryanmalaty: @brittany_baldi @MTV_JESS YEEEHAAAWWWWπŸ€˜πŸ˜πŸ΄πŸˆπŸ†
@TheRealNiaMoore: We all watched the same halftime show. We all watched BeyoncΓ© kill it. But of course everyone must post it on IG like it's breaking news πŸ˜£πŸ”«
@IamAdamKuhn: Broncos cannot get in the endzone
@erikalauren: The only dab Cam Newton is going to be doing is dabbing his eyes w/ a tissue if the Panthers offense doesn't get it together soon!  #SB50
@TheOfficial_CT: #halftime #SB50 https://www.instagram.com/p/BBggqfUtTKu/
‏@MTVtrey: I missed the National Anthem at the beginning so I just went back & watched it on YouTube. What did you all think of Gaga? Killed it, right?
@erikalauren: Out of respect for two class act former @Browns players Norwood & Ward, I am rooting for the @Broncos tonight!  #SuperBowl50
@MTVtrey: TJ Ward should've just stayed down, lol. #SuperBowl
@snooki: OMG. Heinz ketchup is my best commercial so far 🌭😍
@MTV: Singing Sheep > Screaming Goats #SB50
‏@JillianRoseReed: I haven't had any snacks today 😞
@cthagod: Defense wins championships. Been this way since the beginning of time folks.
@MTVtrey: Broncos cheerleaders have my approval πŸ‘
@AshleeFeldman: Super bowl babies wins. Hands down.
@MTVtrey: Lmaoooooo at this #SuperBowl babies commercial. How many babies are going to be made tonight?!
@erikalauren: We get it @nfl - people get horny after their team wins the #SuperBowl - it's creepy how much they're mentioning #SuperBowlBabies
‏@Greer_Grammer: Bye all other commercials - Super Bowl Babies just won the game. #SuperBowlBabies #SB50
@CamilaMTV: I wanna be a #SuperBowl baby! God damn it mom. 😞 #SB50
‏@MTVtrey: If DEN manages to win this game tonight, I feel like Peyton should still claim he's only won 1 SuperBowl because he is absolutely miserable
@cthagod: I refuse to believe the Panthers won't score 21 points to win this thing 21-16
‏@cthagod: Ain't no flags bih. Not when Peyton 10 minutes from a Super Bowl victory
@paulawalnutsMTV: Michael Oher is in the SuperBowl.  Sandra Bullock must be very proud #blindslide
@mtvdario: I'm not charged up

@cthagod: "@TayMonz04: @cthagod why u want the broncos to lose so bad?" RT I'm a Cowboys fan I don't give a shit who win.
@robb_schreiber: Drake won the #SuperBowl
@paulawalnutsMTV: Best commercial goes to @Drake
@whaattaafoxx: Don't lose Faith. #KeepPounding
@cthagod: Panthers going to win this game.
‏@chrisdcomedy Chris Distefano: Love @Drake’s #SB50 ad. Did you see the Lawyers got in the box?! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ AND started a Twitter handle @CarrierLawgic? #YouGotCarriered
@chrisdcomedy: Phil Simms looks like the lesbian your Mom brings home after she divorces your Dad and decides to give up on men completely #SB50
@MTVtrey: Have they even contemplated throwing Osweiler in? I wonder what would happen... #SuperBowl
@cthagod: Broncos going to win this game.
@MTV_Candice: I really need to start being selfish and only worry about Candice,  cause I see being nice and looking out for others gets me NOWHERE!
‏@bellathorne bella thorne: I'm not THE BIGGEST fan of football..but HOT DAMN I love me some super bowl food πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ€“πŸ”πŸ‰πŸ‘πŸŒ½πŸ—πŸŒ­πŸŸπŸ•
@MTVtrey: Honestly Denver's best bet is having their defense on the field at this point. That's their best chance to score #SB50
@jordancarlos: This game isn't a shootout. It's a siege #SuperBowl
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: Anotha one
@MaybachDiamonds: Well that's the game folks. What a bunch of boring bullshit
@mtvdario: Cam is a vagina
@MTV_TeeBoogie: Von killin the game!
@lilduval: Why cam ain't dive for the ball tho? #Vegas
@chrisdcomedy: Anybody having a Super Bowl 50 Shades of Grey party after the game?
‏@chrisdcomedy: Von Miller should be MVP of #SuperBowl50shadesofGray
‏@MTVtrey: I agree w/ @PhilSimmsQB - you absolutely have to dive on that ball Cam, no matter what. It's #SB50!
@jordancarlos: Cam will only hear about not diving for the ball for the rest of his days #SuperBowl50
@andrewschulz: Noooo that cam reaction to the defensive holding gonna haunt him for the rest of his life.
@RashidaZakiya: It's over for us πŸ™€@Panthers
@andrewschulz: Get that Eli. They just showed him. Get that!!!!
@wesbucklesmtv: Cam is the Dwight Howard of the NFL, all fun and games when things going well but pouting and choking in tough situations or big games.
‏@andrewschulz: Cam bout to be soooooo salty. This post game interview about to be legendary.
@IamAdamKuhn: Broncos win #SB50
@MTVtrey: Congratulations to the Broncos. Now, I'm returning back to my normal life. Sorry for clogging your feeds with random sporting tweets! Night
@ryanmalaty: GO BRONCOS!!! @MTV_JESS https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaqU7yMUkAQ_sE3.jpg
- @MTV_JESS: @ryanmalaty aw miss youuuuu ryy!!
@cthagod: Peyton Manning didn't do shit........
‏@andrewschulz: Someone need to go to Cam's locker and take his cell phone. Immediately.
@MelindaStolp: What a terrible super bowl... πŸ˜’
‏@CamilaMTV: Well. There you have it. πŸ† Great win #Broncos 🏈🎈🏈 #SB50 #SuperBowl
@MTV: Congrats to the #SB50 champs, the Denver @Broncos!!!!!
@MTV_AMANDAG: WE ARE THE FUCKIN CHAMPIONS!!!!  #SuperBowl50 #BRONCOS
@CJKoegel: Congrats #PeytonManning πŸˆπŸ‘πŸ½
@MTV_Candice: I'm not gon lie I would of cried too. Just like I did when I got sent home from The Challenge πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚ #SB50
‏@JeffSimms Jeff Simms: Way to go #PeytonManning #Broncos ! #sb50
@ryanmalaty: 🐴+🏈=πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
@A_Bartolotte: I wonder how much Budweiser paid Peyton for that one
‏@hollymontag Holly Montag: Yessssssss! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS! What an amazing season @Broncos Von, CJ, Peyton, B Mac, TJ...I love you all! #Broncos #CO #SuperBowl50
@lilduval: Congrats to the Broncos next @Jaguars is going to the super bowl you heard it here 1st!!!!! #savethistweet
‏@erikalauren: Ok Manning, don't pull a Favre!  Quit while you're on top! #superbowl50 #BroncosWin
‏@JLaValle Jionni LaValle: Never bet against him!!! #PeytonManning #champs
@JustJem24: 18 over everything
@VINNYGUADAGNINO: I hope the silver lining to this story is that we never have to hear the word dab again
@MTVBananas: Everyone's got a plan till they get hit in the mouth! #SB50 #DENvsCAR #DenverBroncos #CarolinaPanthers @Millerlite40 @CameronNewton
@cthagod: You really think THEY was going to let the Carolina Panthers win the Super Bowl on the 50 year anniversary of the Black Panthers #StayWoke
@nessnitty: Y'all still dabbing? 😈
‏@mtvdario: The whole Denver organization makes me sick
@CamilaMTV: Well deserved #MVP πŸ‘πŸΌ #SB50
@TheMarkLong: Von Miller is my hero..... #superbowl50 #sb50
@realjknoxville: Legend.
‏@shandathapanda: brb sry kms n throwing out all of my budweiser
@mikethemiz: Does anyone know what #PeytonManning drinks? @NFL
@snooki: Happy monkey baby is terrifying....
@JustJem24: I don't drink beer but I want to drink one with Peyton....
‏@tabron27: Covered the #SuperBowl all weekend and had such an amazing time #SB50 😜😁🏈 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaqeY9DUcAA1k9m.jpg

@cthagod: Steph Curry hit the right shot in the wrong basket https://instagram.com/p/BBgg_emqwz0/
@mtvdario: Back in Vegas tonight for Future Hendrix
@CamilaMTV: Tina's not fckng around. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯#TheLateShow #tinafey
@MTVtrey: 11:11
‏@IamAdamKuhn: Who saw Peyton Manning give the first kiss after he won the super bowl to the Papa Johns guy? Someone order a large sausage pizza?s
@CamilaMTV: Congrats #Broncos fans!! πŸ’‹πŸˆπŸ†πŸ’‹πŸˆπŸ†πŸ’‹πŸˆπŸ†  #sb50 https://www.instagram.com/p/BBgvZdjTEZm/
@cthagod: Charlotte don't worry CIAA still going to be lit.
@StephenColletti: Kinda got the feeling Peyton Manning is about to have his first beer ever. Good for him. #Budweiser
@whaattaafoxx: We still pounding. It's okay. #KeepPounding #NextSeason
@cthagod: Really hard to sleep tonight because every time I close my eyes I see puppy, monkey, baby.....
@whaattaafoxx: Everybody LEAVE CAM ALONE! Fuck the fuck off! #KeepPounding #PantherNation


In my DCNOW live tweets, I mentioned late in the game of how a few of Team MTV that I've developed a strong rapport with have celebrated a Super Bowl win for their hometown team. In 2013, it was Trey from RW St. Thomas when his Ravens beat the Niners. Last year, it was Brittany from AYTO Season 1 and Exes 2 when her Patriots won that thriller. And this year, it was split between AYTO alums Ryan (season 1), Paris (season 2) and Amanda (season 3) and Ellie from AYTO 2. In the end, it was the Denver natives who got to celebrate, and I'm sure they were over the moon with their Broncos winning their 3rd Super Bowl.

▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪ 

If you want to learn more about the ultra-exciting experience of actually being at a Super Bowl, then check out Went To That, a website by MTV Challenge viewer and sports fan David Hanson where he offers first-hand experiences of attending sports and entertainment events. In his Super Bowl mega-post, he writes about the entire experience attending SB XLIX last year - from his decision of going to root for his Patriots in Arizona to seeing that thriller unfold and everything else. Plus, check out his posts on attending last year's World Series, NBA All-Star Weekend and so much more, so check out this must-read site for those who live for experiencing sports events live. Follow him at @TheBallIsOrange & @WentToThat.

As this post ends, DCBLOG will have more on football and all things sports both this and next month with the continuation of our NFL series with Part 4 of Big Game 50 as we look into the first notable event of the NFL offseason, the Scouting Combine, which will be posted here next weekend.
   Follow my live coverage hub on Twitter, DCNOW at @DC408Dxtr, for live tweets of the biggest events in sports and entertainment and TV shows too, including tonight's NBA All-Star Game from Toronto and tomorrow's Grammys in L.A. Also follow DC Instagram at IG @DC408Dxtr with my photos from SB Week, as well as my YouTube channel at youtube.com/user/dc408dxtr for video from Levi's.
   Along with sports coverage, this site offers wall-to-wall coverage of the MTV Trifecta and The Challenge Bloodlines, with the latest edition of our unique DC SocialPulse social journals covering this week's penultimate episode and the DC WRAP episode recap to be posted here in a few days, just prior to the season finale in Berlin, Germany. As always, you can offer your two cents on this post below or directly to me on Twitter @DC408Dxtr.

Again, thanks for reading part 3 of the DC Big Game 50 series and this unique look at the Super Bowl experience from me. Until next time, see you then.

- DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).