Saturday, December 18, 2021

DC SocialPulse: The Challenge All-Stars 2 - "Old Tina Can't Come to the Phone"

*** Advisory: #DCSocialPulse contains adult language, objectionable content and spoilers for some readers. Viewer Discretion is Advised. Due to its length, take frequent eye breaks if you're viewing this top to bottom. ***

BY DC CUEVA                        
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB/TK

We welcome you back on this pre-Christmas Saturday night, and we've just had an enjoyable sports Saturday... one that started with just one match in the English Premier League, but where Tiger Woods returned to action after that horrific accident almost 200 days ago, the Colts take down the Pats and college bowl season has just begun. And now that we've just seen what's gone down with Jake Paul knocking the F out of Tyron Woodley, DCBLOG would like to offer you the appropriate nightcap as we now offer the 'Pulse of MTV's The Challenge -- All-Stars that is.

Last we were in Cancun, a gulf separating two strong alliances was starting to form in the house: Brad, Cohutta, Darrell, Derrick and MJ on one side; Nehemiah, Latterian, Steve, Teck and Melinda on the other. It wasn't apparent when the hilarity that always ensues went down in the annual hybrid of game show & diving fest known as trivia took over, but when Steve and -- of all people -- Casey were the last ones standing they chose to take the season's biggest power move on behalf of the King's Palace. It led to Brad and Derrick getting a rematch to their epic encounter of many years ago and saw the Cutthoat champ take the win, Katie joining him on the flight home after quitting that trivia earlier.

One of the biggest alumni to make their return to this game after not being on All-Stars 1 this winter is Tina, who first made waves as a replacement roadie on Road Rules South Pacific eighteen years ago. She has made plenty of those during this first half of this season, and as we return to Mexico she may figure once again in a week where the daily sees the Stars will be jumping for joy on trampolines. We will also be delving more into an item we shared with you earlier this year involving one of the Stars on here, as the Palace tries to hang onto their power... and a rather familiar moment to reality TV fans makes its way down south to this paradise.

After the break, DCBLOG wraps up this Saturday night with the 'Pulse of Week 5 of The Challenge All-Stars... and could this show be bringing one of its names to the world of food? Find out next.


BEFORE WEEK 5, and The Godfather's Latest Move  
@ChallengeMTV: Steve and Casey's power move might've just changed how people will play the remainder of the season.  #TheChallengeAllStars2 https://t.co/wke5JVVSBy
@ChallengeMTV: Ooops I neglected all my responsibilities to watch #TheChallengeAllStars2 again. #FreedBritney
@ChallengeMTV: How I felt once I realized it's Monday... again. 
@SHOTOFYAGER: Me getting the call about what went down on last night's episode of #TheChallengeAllStars2... #ChallengeMania #TheChallenge
@TripleBeees: 39 trips around the sun. Blessed. Happy birthday to me
@RealWorldMTV: 28 years later, Jon was asked the same question about his sex life. Find out what happens on the brand new episode of The #RealWorld Homecoming: Los Angeles, now streaming on @paramountplus!
@JonBrennan_com: UHM… we may need a reunion to follow up this @RealWorldMTV LA Homecoming!!! Seems like theres a LOT of follow up needed. #TrueStory @paramountplus #RealWorldHomecomingLA @TamiRoman @MTVBeth @ISuttner
- @MTVBeth: @JonBrennan_com Yes. I agree….
@JonBrennan_com: Thanks for the excitement @MTVBeth  aka #BBBEEEFFFF http://JONBRENNAN.COM  #TrueStory #RealWorldHomecomingLA @RealWorldMTV @paramountplus @GamerVev @mtv @BunimMurray @ISuttner
@RealWorldMTV: This photo is everything.  Stream the all-new episode of The #RealWorld Homecoming: Los Angeles now on @paramountplus!
@SHOTOFYAGER: NEXT on #ChallengeMania…some are calling her a mastermind, some are calling her Judas Priestess, some are enamored w/ her knowledge of Britney & Potter & others are sending Wedding Congrats her way…CASE COOPER (@case_coop) steps into the hot seat & chats w/ me & @DerrickMTV!
- @case_coop: @SHOTOFYAGER Well it’s good to know I’m not banned for life, but this could get a little awkward…#TheChallengeAllStars2
@case_coop: My favorite part of this article is that they used this photo of Kyle’s “nobody likes a shady beach” tank top that he has refused to wear for months until this specific vacation I love the internet. Thanks @people #TheChallengeAllStars2 https://t.co/BhS7l1VCGm
@KendalSheppard: Congratulations @case_coop!! https://t.co/VYEZMSEPBO
@ItsJazzyRey: Some days are good and some days are bad. Today has been a good day! #imAStrongWoman #MILF

@usweekly: Exclusive: @TheMarkLong has teamed up with the production company behind Worst Cooks with a new reality show pitch. Reality stars — who wants in?  https://t.co/Emvx7GDPDI
- @_LizzWalker: @usweekly The Godfather making baller moves. Congrats @TheMarkLong
- @trevormac98: Congrats to Mark Long on chasing his dreams and making them a reality, just like #WeWantOGs. I hope others are inspired by your success Mark.
@emilylongeretta: Exciting exclusive news! @TheMarkLong is back on my podcast with news about his NEXT SHOW. Any reality stars ever, take a look:
@TheMarkLong: BREAKING... So excited to announce I’ve partnered w/ Objective Media to develop a “REALITY STAR” COOKING COMPETITION SERIES @usweekly #LIKE and #RETWEET and #TAG any Reality Star that you think is up for the #challenge
- @JiselaDelgado: @TheMarkLong is always up to something!!!
- @TinaBarta: Holy SHITTTTT!!!  #Godfather @TheMarkLong.  Here is another Challenge I would fail on!  I can’t cook for shit but I can hella order the shit out of food!  #FirstWorldProblems
- @TeckHolmes: @TheMarkLong Yo yo way to go bro! You already know I gets down in the kitchen. I got more recipes than Colonel Sanders & Chef Boyardee…. congratulations my G!
- @ItsTheSituation: @TheMarkLong Y’all don’t want the smoke with the situation in the kitchen 
- @v_cakes: @TheMarkLong Building a nice portfolio, Mark!  Congrats!!!!
- @JustJem24: @TheMarkLong We(fans and cast members) truly don’t deserve this man!
- @case_coop: @TheMarkLong As a constantly hangry pregnant woman, I’d like to throw my name in the hat as a judge/food critic.
- @MelindastolpMTV: @TheMarkLong Hell yeah Mark!! Sign me up! Y’all have seen my IG cooking posts!! 🍽
- @mikethemiz: @TheMarkLong Congrats bud. Making moves and it’s Awesome!! 
- @SHOTOFYAGER: @TheMarkLong Happy to have had a bit to do with getting this off the ground. Maniacs, help get the word out about this one like you did about All Stars! We all know how THAT turned out! #ChallengeMania #Godfather
@TheMarkLong: Guess who’s the 4th wheel at dinner??? @DeenaNicoleMTV
@HedrichFiles: 🎙Rotten Banana Podcast🎙@TinaBarta Interview... @helloalievans landed us the interview of a lifetime with one of the most ICONIC Challengers of all time, TINA BARTA! Now available on all podcast platforms! https://open.spotify.com/show/4pvkKemrsLz1fWcHyi4vgn?si=w9VdH5f9S0Cvf4OTG0WI1Q
- @TinaBarta: @HedrichFiles This is the first podcast where I actually laugh, cry and get drunk all on one show.  These guys where great and had me comfortable enough to actually get tipsy!  It’s rare that I can get to that point!  #looselipssinkships
@GamerVev: Survivor finale airs during the same time as Challenge finale next week? We won! Make sure to tune into Survivor finale on CBS & then The Challenge All Stars 2 on MTV next week 
@meinke_drop: Hometown OS = Bricked Computer. Lost phone. New computer in transit... hopefully, I haven't missed anything....  luckily I can catch up with a free month of @paramountplus #TheChallengeAllStars2 #montereybay
@meinke_drop: I can't tell if @KendalSheppard is in the process of doing something or reacting to something. #TheChallengeAllStars2 she may have binged too much free @paramountplus
@meinke_drop: Actually, it was probably me... @JodieSweetin doesn't suspect a thing...yet.  And probably will be confused why I tagged her.  How rude.   #TheChallengeAllStars2  #ParamountPlus #oldmancantsearchtwitterright
@meinke_drop: I'm 1st. B4 starting, I'm asked my trivia strengths. Answer "Everything in the known universe except theatre, fishing, Russian Lit, & The Challenge".  1st Q of course is a Challenge question, luckily 3 of the 7 seasons I binge #johnnybananas wins.  #TheChallengeAllStars2
@meinke_drop: And of course, while the phone was lost, & the computer bricked.  @case_coop managed to get married, get preggo AND win her first challenge.  An amazing and impressive week indeed.

AS THEY SAW IT: "Old Tina Can't Come to the Phone"  
@ChallengeMTV: "This is the king's palace and we're gonna preserve it and save it at all costs." Will the three kings extend an olive brand and allow Steve to be the fourth?  Catch an all-new episode of #TheChallengeAllStars2 now streaming on @paramountplus to find out!
@ayannasuperhero: Who's UP for the early am Episode Drop! I AM #TheChallengeAllStars2 #TheChallenge @MelindastolpMTV @TinaBarta @case_coop @TeckHolmes @NehemiahMTV @latwall Already bringing that FIRE!
@ayannasuperhero: OK @MelindastolpMTV and @ItsJazzyRey got me crying UGLY tears this morning... YALL ROCKSTARS!!!! #momlife #ChallengeAllStars #ChallengeAllStars2
@ayannasuperhero: Ladies... and Gents.. and Theys..and Thems... @NehemiahMTV at 28:40 is Sunrise!  Let the SUN SHINE!!!  :)
@ayannasuperhero: You know what @TinaBarta you got me ugly crying too... #KnowThyself  I'm proud of you sis. ALL LOVE! #TheChallengeAllStars2
- @TinaBarta: @ayannasuperhero Thank you for the support girlfriend.  This was a tough pill to swallow for me but I had to do it…..for me.
- @ayannasuperhero: @TinaBarta Yassss u did girrrrrrrllllll... #lessonslearned #ListenToTina #ChallengeAllStars2
- @TinaBarta: @ayannasuperhero Love the new #ListentoTina I am going to start this sucker!  What other quotes needs to have this hashtag?
@Irving_A07: I don’t care, I love angry Tina Man shrugging #TheChallengeAllStars #TheChallengeAllAtars2
@Irving_A07: Ahhh S Club 7  #TheChallengeAllStars2 #TheChallengeAllStars
@Irving_A07: Ayanna continues to KILL it every week!! #TheChallengeAllStars2 #TheChallengeAllStars
@UpInThisMug: Love everything about #TheChallengeAllStars! I loved @TinaBarta’s announcement in the kitchen. She keeps it real and that’s why we love her. And even more I loved @ItsJazzyRey easing the tension in the room by quoting Roger Murtaugh #TheChallenge #TheChallengeAllStars2
@d_e_r_e_kc: Didn't Nehemiah do this to me and or Ryan?
- @GamerVev: @d_e_r_e_kc Exactly! People also forget that a lot of the earlier seasons of the shows when eliminations were introduced, there were solo elims w male vs female. 
- @d_e_r_e_kc: @GamerVev Haha we giggled with this with @meinke_drop & Queens @TrishelleC & @KatieCooley26 both beat MEN in elims, so it’s very possible Face with hand over mouth
@case_coop: To sum up my thoughts on season 2 so far: The $#!* They Should Have Shown would be Fire Fire Fire. #TheChallengeAllStars2
@ItsJazzyRey: That look yo momma would give you when yo ass was acting out in public. That “Wait till we get home look!!” #TheChallengeAllStars #IlearnedFromRhonda
@ChallengeMTV: You know what day it is Stream an all-new episode of #TheChallengeAllStars2 right now on @paramountplus!
@LP1822: Time to cheer on my favorites to win @KendalSheppard @mtvrrdarrell @TinaBarta @case_coop @cohuttalee @MelindastolpMTV and all the others. This is a great cast for sure #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: Who's joining us for the #TheChallengeAllStars2 Live Tweet tonight at 5pm PST?? SOUND OFF!!  @paramountplus
@tarafyingworld: Hey Challenge World, can we make a pact to not post spoilers til like …48 hrs after they air? I’m always accidentally learning how the eliminations went before I can watch!
@CarleyJohnson: My heart hits for Melinda this episode.  Such a strong woman I couldn’t imagine that pain.
@CarleyJohnson: Good game by Jasmine.  Props to her for finishing the daily!
@MelindastolpMTV: "@DosHig: @MelindastolpMTV  much love to you.   let's keep normalizing the conversation around pregnancy and loss." RT 100%!! I was surprised that it is this common so I agree with you wholeheartedly 
@JustJem24 - on Tina: 1. I love this psychotic bitch sooooo much….  2. This is what authentic drama looks like & the cast members on the main show could never. 3. This might be an unpopular opinion but I find Jodi very….boring.
@mtvrrdarrell: Squad up! Lines are drawn and it’s on and poppin Face with look of triumph All new episode of #ChallengeAllStars2 is now steaming on @paramountplus
@ItsJazzyRey: The queen of hearts!!  #TheChallengeAllStars2 #ParamountPlus
@ItsJazzyRey: So I just watched the show with my kids. Maddie looks at me , Mom can we get a trampoline for Christmas?  #TheChallengeAllStars2
@johnnybananas: On this episode I welcome @BradFiorenza and his epic beard to the show to break down the drama on this season of All Stars, reminisce on the good old days, and answer the age old question "Does Tina have the ability to not be annoying?" @ringer https://open.spotify.com/episode/7kEMvggLNK1q3PccDPi5Ka?si=40f9904cbaf54847
@joshywaah07: You know who’s not acting thirsty because they naturally bring it? The OGs. The second hand embarrassment I feel because of some of the newer generation. 
@TheAllanAguirre: We need to have an honest conversation about how these New Age Pans don't make as much as noise. Yeah it was loud, but banging two pans together a decade ago sounded way louder. Also, Chicken Fries used to be bigger, I'm not crazy about that, right? #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: Queen Casey, CutThroat Casey?Anything but Lil Casey! Find out how I managed to piss off @case_coop & how she managed to cut 1 of the monsters heads off! NEW POD! @SHOTOFYAGER referees! UP NOW for patrons http://Patreon.com/ChallengeMania  UP MONDAY for everyone #TheChallengeAllStars2
@CoreyLay: Finally catching up on #TheChallengeAllStars2. I'm jealous of this Britney song trivia. NO ONE would beat me EVER. I'd start listing off Japanese bonus tracks and unreleased demos. 
@mtvrrdarrell: Congrats @TeckHolmes  The coolest cat in the house!! Never complained or cried, just went in and got the job done! @paramountplus @ChallengeMTV #TheChallengeAllStars2
@ItsJazzyRey: @MelindastolpMTV You are the most amazing & strongest person, woman and mom I know. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us! Remember what I told you in Cancun , about a white butterfly. Your baby girl is always with you!! 
@latwall: Here we go! @MTVAllStars
@KatieCooley26: My husband keeps saying “what he can do”. He’s a Marine. Let me suck with this dude behind me. If I could choose my partner, my husband 100%. Only way I’d come back. #TheChallengeAllStars2 #whatsupwoodford @FollowCooltucky
@WestonBergmann: [bangs pots and pans like Josh Martinez] Announcement! In this exclusive video I gave a hat trick to someone for all three awards: line of episode, lewk of episode, and MVP of episode! First time for that. Who was it? http://patreon.com/westonbergmann
@KendalSheppard: I admire @MelindastolpMTV for allowing herself to be vulnerable and share her story. It's a story that affects so many individuals and is not talked about enough. Thank you, Melinda. You are so so loved. ❤ #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: This comp looks sooooo cool!! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: From (anti) hero to zero! I heard that!  #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: I'm shocked they didn't show how badass Jodi was!! A thunderstorm literally rolled in and Jodi kicked it into high gear. I believe she beat most if not ALL the guys!!#TheChallengeAllStars2
@case_coop: I DON’T REGRET QUITTING FOR A SECOND. Fuck your airplane. #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: Avenge my death boysssss!! Send scuba Steve packin! @BradFiorenza @cohuttalee @mtvrrdarrell #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: Tough falls for girls!!! Way to keep fightin! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: SQUAD UP BOYS! Get em Jodi!! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: And the NEWWWW 3 headed monster!!  @BradFiorenza @mtvrrdarrell & Jodi!! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: For now on I'm only addressing @case_coop as Houdini. That girl can escape ANY situation. #TheChallengeAllStars2
@ChallengeFanOG: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Kendal: Return of the Beast Dragon #TheChallengeAllStars #TheChallengeAllStars2 @KendalSheppard @WeWantOGs @ChallengeMTV
@ChallengeFanOG: It doesn’t get any better than @mtvrrdarrell #TheChallengeAllStars #TheChallengeAllStars2 @ChallengeMTV @WeWantOGs
@KatieCooley26: There were so many delays in production, I was actually still there when @MelindastolpMTV was super sad that day. She is the MOST fun & a light of positivity- so to see her hurt was awful. 
@mtvrrdarrell: Teck brought the dawg out!! @TeckHolmes @ChallengeMTV @paramountplus #ChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: Smelled that shit from the beginning @latwall! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: Can’t believe they all burned me for Steve?!! Especially after this!! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: Oh ok! They’re gonna let Teck and Steve hit each other, bump n run, but not me and Brad! Ok… #TheChallengeAllStars2
@DerrickMTV: Cinematography on #TheChallengeAllStars2 is DOPE!
@ChallengeFanOG: Nehemiah: I told Ryan he’s the last name I’d say but week 1 I hand picked him & @d_e_r_e_kc anyway because I felt I could win. I’m also big mad that @DerrickMTV gave me my 2nd choice when he could’ve given me neither. Also Nehemiah: Steve wants the guy he thinks he can beat?
@CaraNinjaMarie: When TJ says @KendalSheppard & @mtvrrdarrell I’m like…
@ChallengeFanOG: @TinaBarta @MelindastolpMTV  #TheChallengeAllStars #TheChallengeAllStars2 @ChallengeMTV @WeWantOGs
@KendalSheppard: Just now sitting down with the family to watch our 2nd favorite show.. #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: 5 yr old: Does Janelle win?  Me: You'll have to see..  5yr old: Has she ever won?? I like her..
@KendalSheppard: My kids watching @TeckHolmes  do math.. #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: Side note: I was one of two girls to get all 3 blocks down in only 3 tries.  #theChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: 5yr old: Mom, what's the boss's name??  Me: TJ  5yr old: TEEEE JAAAAYYYY???   #TheChallengeAllStars2   @tjlavin
@KendalSheppard: 14 yr old: So..  how long is this?? An hour?? #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: @TinaBarta says she's coming for all the em effers.. 5 yr old: Even you, Mom??! Even YOU??!!! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: 8 yr old: That was funny! "Do you want some GReEn tEa??"
@KendalSheppard: @TeckHolmes wins.. Husband: woooow!! #TheChallengeAllStars2
@KendalSheppard: 5 yr old: So mom.. what's your boss's name again? TJ??? I like him. Didn't we call him before? Didn't we??? Truth is: We watched @tjlavin on Instagram Live in March and he wished my boys a happy birthday. 
@KendalSheppard: Me: Thank you for watching my show with me. It means a lot to me that I get to share this with you. 8yr old: I like watching it with you. Just remember though Mom.. you don't need to impress us with what you can do. You impress us with who you ARE. #TheChallengeAllStars2
@ChallengeMTV: One thing you can't call Jasmine is a quitter.  Catch a brand new episode of #TheChallengeAllStars2 now streaming on @paramountplus!
@ChallengeMTV: Remember this iconic pole wrestle between Derrick and Wes?!  Rewatch more of your fave Challenge moments on @paramountplus and use code THECHALLENGE to get 1 FREE month of streaming!  Code expires 1/3/22. http://paramountplus.com/?ftag=AAM-00-10ajd3b
@cohuttalee: Airborne once again. All Stars 2 streaming NOW on @paramountplus @ChallengeMTV !!!
@DerrickMTV: Need more of #TheChallengeAllStars2 in your life?? Hear all about @case_coop’s POWER MOVE @ChallengeMTV on @paramountplus in our 1st convo since she orchestrated the bomb! NEW PODCAST UP NOW at http://patreon.com/ChallengeMania  UP MONDAY for everyone at http://ChallengeManiaPodcast.com 
@TheMarkLong: Who ya got??? @fessyfitness #TheChallenge37 #TheChallengeAllStars 


⭐     ⭐     ⭐

Well, we've had some big moments on this spin-off, but perhaps we haven't seen anything strange than seeing Tina take a page out of Josh's Big Brother playbook then decide to not even compete in the Lair. She does indeed go out on top of her game.

Our Challenge coverage will continue during the week ahead with a Teej-bomb going off on this show and $1 million getting handed out in Croatia... but don't go -- we have plenty to bring you on the blog and on YouTube. We're taking a detour to Northern Georgia for the Season 4 finale of Floribama Shore just to come, among other things that include an appreciation for the very best in the field of getting to bring the Vegas experience to all of you before I bring you back to Sin City for the debut of #DCVegas XI on YouTube. Until then, enjoy your Saturday once again.

- I AM DC  #DCBLOG
#TheEscapeYouDeserve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).