Wednesday, December 29, 2021

DC FORUM: 2021 is a WRAP….

A Word from the Editor
BY DC CUEVA                        
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB/TK

In just a few days, we will say farewell to this year of 2021 where things just started to feel normal to a degree, but where in many ways things felt the same as it was at this time last year when we just wanted 2020 to just go out in a blaze. A lot of you who are reading this might feel the same way as we are about to ring in 2022 in around seventy hours from right now.

But as it has many times during the course of the past twenty-two months or so, you have found a haven in the shows you love to watch, the music you love to listen, the sports that unite us and the passions that bind us together. That's the premise that I have brought to DCBLOG over the past nine years, and where I have also done quite a bit of video work during the past five years.

This has formed the premise of what I call The Escape You Deserve, which I have been preaching over this traumatizing and exhausting time in our world in offering something else for you to check out: blog coverage of television's most-talked about reality shows and occasional posts covering sports and music. And there's also been a few posts covering that fourth passion of Las Vegas, which has evolved into the DC VEGAS vlog series that just premiered on my YouTube channel.

To keep this all short and sweet and simple -- and without wanting to elaborate much as I tend to be a private person and would prefer to keep it all to myself and to the inner circle, I am taking a break from both DCBLOG and YouTube for the remainder of this holiday period and perhaps for a week or two after we ring in the New Year this weekend. Being able to have worked my rear end off to bring you this outstanding content especially with posting fourteen videos on Christmas weekend alone and getting close to reaching 1500 articles on this site, the time feels right to take a deserved break

Once I come back from this self-imposed sojourn, we will have a ton of episode coverage and other things to cover from the MTV beat before we turn the attention to whatever comes in the first few months of the new year, plus another series of sports posts and other things on the side. And on the vlogs, there's my first-ever visits to Downtown Las Vegas, Resorts World and the World Series of Poker, as well as this fall's 20th anniversary reunion of my Milpitas High School graduating class.

I hope you all got to enjoy the amazing, quality work I got to offer all of you this year, and I look forward to resuming it all in the new year after this time to rest, relax, reenergize and recover while also spending quality time with my biggest fans -- my family and relatives. Enjoy the rest of the holidays and be safe out there especially right now... we'll see you soon.

- I AM DC   #DCBLOG
#TheEscapeYouDeserve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).