Monday, June 13, 2022

DC ExtraTime: Introducing Baby Kingston & Maya Grace

BY DC CUEVA                        
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB/TK

IG @IamKamIam_
Glance on over to your Instagram app and you will find so many things... but when we are need for something good in this world there's nothing more refreshing than seeing a post announcing that someone has gotten engaged, married or celebrating the impending or present arrival of a new baby. Over the course of the past several years, so many of those who we have followed in our ten seasons covering MTV Reality shows on here have graduated onto married life and/or parenthood... and this past week during what's now shaping up to be an ultra-busy summer 2022 in this world we welcomed two new additions to the potential draft list for The Challenge in the 2040's.

Just last month one of the franchise's strongest couples celebrated the pending arrival of their first kid, coming just a year after they made the final together on Double Agents before he called it a career on these shows and she finished runner-up in Europe. Leroy Garrett and Kam Williams first met each other on Vendettas, and each time she's been on a final he did too... and though neither came away with the big prize they did get the best-possible consolation prize they could want that's just as good as a several figure paycheck: each other's company. But when the likes of Bananas, Nany, Nia, Jordan and the like came to Houston for their pre-Mother's Day baby shower, KamRoy revealed one more thing: they just got engaged.

Back during the cold of the wintertime and a few days before Christmas last year, the couple announced the first step towards becoming a true power couple in Challenge Nation: becoming parents when they posted Instagram pics of them in their ugly sweaters holding onto a sonogram pic. As it was around four into her pregnancy back there in December 2021, that meant that May of 2022 would be the due date for their baby boy. And after some time to themselves to enjoy the moment, last week saw his identity be revealed for the first time to the entire world, and to Challenge Nation: Baby Kingston.




Kam & Leroy wrote in their joint IG post, "Kingstons officially here πŸ‘ΆπŸ½πŸ’™πŸ‘‘ We couldn’t wait to tell you all & we just wanted some extra special quality time with him." For the particulars, Kingston was born the day after Leroy's birthday on May 17, was arrived through a C-section and is described by their parents as "the perfect mix of both of us" and is also simply referred to by them as "King."

One who is now part of the parents club in this community, Kyle, wrote to them, "Congratulations the best is yet to come, honestly nothing you’ve ever experienced in life will compare to the love you have for Kingston. Trust me! πŸ’™πŸ»." And another who surprisingly found herself becoming a mom this early in Candace from Floribama Shore added, "Yesssss!! Congratulations! So happy for a healthy and safe delivery! Look at that baby hair ! 😍 omg! So beautiful! Enjoy every second of it."


πŸ‘Ά    πŸ‘Ά    πŸ‘Ά

IG @CoryWharton_IG
Five years on for Kam's cast of Are You The One? who has a single "0" digit next to them in the amount of infamy it has had since the shocking conclusion to Season 5, and they may completely never get over that enigma -- one further compounded by last year's revelations of dirty tricks taking place behind the scenes. But the fact that eight people from that group are now parents has made that nightmare in the Caribbean go away in something just as good as $1 million... and just as her & Leroy entered the world of parenthood, another of her castmates welcomed #2. It also happens to double as the fourth baby in the inner circle of the MTV world's rep in the Teen Mom universe.

Also back in 2017, Cory Wharton floored all of us when he came back from filming back to back both that Vendettas Challenge with Leroy & Kam and Season 1 of Ex On The Beach by revealing the paternity test result that he is the father to AYTO & Challenge alum Cheyenne Floyd's first kid Ryder K. Two years later, lightning struck again by announcing that he was expecting #2 with the one he fell in love with in Hawaii, AYTO 5'er Taylor Selfridge, which saw them welcome Mila Mae during the height of the pandemic. And after Chey & her man Zach Terrel welcomed her second kid Ace Davis last year, it was on March 5th that Cory & Taylor announced the forthcoming arrival of their #2 and his #3.



His IG announcement read, "To the newest member of the family πŸ‘ΆπŸ½: We will welcome a new member to the family! I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my 31st birthday. Each one of my kids have continued to push me into making me a better man, so I know you’re gonna do the same ❤️Throughout the years the satisfaction I get from raising my two lil girls is unmatched . The joy that they bring me, the excitement is unmatched. I truthfully feel like God has put me in a position that I’m so lucky & blessed to be in. As a kid my dad wasn’t able to be around, and I feel like that’s why I try and give you girls EVERYTHING that I have. I can’t wait to watch you grow with your sisters Ryder & Mila 🌸🌻 I’m telling you right now both those girls love you so much.
   Taylor, I don’t know too many people to put up with me for as long as you have πŸ˜‚ but no seriously, I love you bby & I can’t wait to start this adventure with you and continue to build this family up . I also wanna say thank you to my support system those ppl know who you are just know I love you all and I appreciate it everything you do for me πŸ™πŸ½"

And her reveal wrote, "My growing family ❤️ In June we will be welcoming our new little peanut to the world. We are so excited to meet you baby. Mila is going to be a big sister which is so crazy to me πŸ₯Ί Ryder already is a great big sister. My whole life I knew I was meant to be a mother, I love my babies more than anything in this world. My heart grew twice the size and I knew I’d love you just the same as your sisters. I can’t wait to see your little face (even though you’ll look nothing like me & only daddy) πŸ˜‚ Cory, I love you. I know everyone knows this but I know the best, you are really the most amazing father. You always put a smile on my face when you’re with our girls & they love you so so much. I know this next one will be a new adventure for us but I know we can do anything together. Happy birthday my love 😘 cheers to another beautiful child 🍼❤️"

Those who have followed Cheyenne's journey on TMOG know that there was another reason why she joined Maci, Catelynn, Amber and the rest of their sorority: Ryder was born with a rare birth defect... but that hasn't stopped the five-year old from enjoying everything life has to offer including launching her very own nail polish line. However when Cory & Taylor went into labor on June 1st, the arrival of their second bundle of joy was just as bittersweet: midway through her pregnancy, they found out that the young kid was diagnosed with a rare form of congenital heart disease called tricuspid atresia.
   The descriptions below will help to explain things much more, but just after Maya Grace Wharton was born she would have to go into the first of three open heart surgeries -- the first two during the first six months of this year, and the last won't be for another few years down the road. Still, with the help of the best medical professionals in the Southland it was a safe arrival for Maya and her parents despite the delivery taking place a week early and during this latest pandemic wave... and it has no doubt been an eventful two weeks for them knowing that two of Cory's kids have been born with rare diseases that many other families have gone through this same exact experience as they have.





A great deal of outpouring of support has come to Taylor & Cory since they introduced Maya to the world back on Friday after they also had the time they needed to have this moment in private. A prominent member of this support group who's been through this emotional experience before wrote to them, "We have been praying for you guys non stop! Maya God has you covered ❤️ Ryder can’t wait to meet her new sissy."
   Our congrats go out to Tay, Cory, Kam and Leroy... but they are not alone when it comes to summer baby announcements in this MTV world: yet another one is on the way for a fellow power couple in Challenge Nation. More on that just to come.

- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).