Thursday, February 13, 2014

DC SocialPulse: Are You The One? Episode 4

*** Reader Advisory: DC SocialPulse Contains
Adult Language. Viewer Discretion is Advised. ***

By DC Cueva
@DC408dxtr

Taking a detour now from the Sochi Olympics, me being busy with the Games, plus a technical glitch I encountered on Tuesday, I actually saw episode 4 of Are You The One? just last night, right after I had watched curling and the Westminster Dog Show (!). When we left Kauai last Tuesday, the cast were given a reality check when only two of the ten couples turned out to be perfect, setting back their shot at $1 million. Plus, we saw the guys go nuts (literally), while we saw another hookup, backstabbing and tears.
   This week, we'll see the show take a page out of the Real World/Challenge playbook and give the singles a twist in their quest for love, similar to what happened last week on RW Ex-Plosion. Plus, one girl encounters trouble grasping the message that her man isn't interested in her, while two other girls launch their own romances. And after twitter's view, I'll offer my thoughts on one of the members of this cast and how he relates to a fellow member of Team MTV in which they both recovered from a horrific accident to overcoming the odds.
Two reminders before we start:
- 1. Please note there is explicit language in certain tweets below, but I am keeping it uncensored in order to retain the heat of the moment. So if you are mature enough, please read with discretion. :-)
- & 2. As AYTO is airing hot off the U.S. presses on other MTV international channels and this episode hasn't aired where you live, please don't proceed with reading this post. But I will be compiling all the cast tweets from when it airs here each week into weekly DC SocialPulse posts, so you'll be never in the dark of how your favorite cast members reacted to this episode when they get to see them for the first time.
So with that, let's head to Hawaii, and here come the fireworks...



The Day Before
@ryanmalaty: Seriously thank you guys so much, your love and support IS CRAZY I LOVE IT!!! #7daysoflove #AreYouTheOne
@MTVJessicaPerez: Less than 24 hours till episode 4 of #AreYouTheOne ... Lord be with the guys as their Ex's arrive! Thank baby Jesus it wasn't ours. :p
@ryanmalaty: Gee I can't wait to see my ex girlfriend on the new episode of #AreYouTheOne tomorrow! Oh wait, yes I can..
@IamAdamKuhn: New episode of #AreYouTheOne Is on tomorrow and our exes show up.. never been so excited/nervous in my life.
@MTVJessicaPerez: Everyone can rest easy.. A new episode of #AreYouTheOne airs tonight at 11/10 c. #Hallelujah #TuesdayTreat
@shandathapanda: Late, shmate. Fuck a bedtime. We'll sleep when we die! New, juicy episode of #AreYouTheOne tonight at 11/10c. #exgirlfriendalert
@shandathapanda: Oh you want some dirt on the boys of #AreYouTheOne? What made them a good or bad boyfriend? THE EXES SPILL IT ALLLLL.
@illBeJacy: Today is #AreYouTheOne ? Yeaaahhhhhhhh
@AshleighMorgh: Hope you're excited for an all new Are You The One? Tonight.. The exes are coming.. #areyoutheone @AREUTHE1 @MTV
@TophsTweets: OH NO EXES!!!! What dirt will we see tonight on #AreYouTheOne
@Coleysia: It's Tuesday! I love #AreYouTheOne Tuesdays. 😊
@IamAdamKuhn: Hey! Check out this exclusive scene of @brittany_baldi and I from tonights episode of #AreYouTheOne @OKMagazine http://t.co/WHRJ62x18S
@MTVJessicaPerez: Oh just smiling and laughing cause a new episode of #areyoutheone is on tonight! :p You all ready??? http://t.co/D9DWyfCKuD
@amberleeMTV: Don't forget to tune in to mtv for a CRAZY new episode of #AREYOUTHEONE !! See you on your πŸ“Ί http://t.co/sWQkWZH1gK
@EDiamond007: On a scale of 1 to 10: Your a 9 & I'm the 1 you need. #areyoutheone tonight's the night!! I'm tellin u don't miss this episode @areuthe1
@IamAdamKuhn: If your aren't watching tonight's episode of #AreYouTheOne I don't know what you're doing with your life.
@ryanmalaty: This new episode should be called #AreYouTheOne Ex-plosion @MTV
@amberleeMTV: πŸ™…Exes & 😑fights &πŸ’‹kisses...OH MY! Don't miss tonight's dramatic new #AREYOUTHEONE on @MTV at 11/10c !! @AREUTHE1
@Andre_sinclair1: #AreYouTheOne make sure you watch!!! #teamdre #MTV
@EDiamond007: So #areyoutheone is on tonight, spoiler alert #iamtheone #TEAMDIAMOND
@shandathapanda: T-4 hours until @IamAdamKuhn goes HULK-A-MANIA on someone in the house. #AreYouTheOne #MTV
@dubbucks: It Tuesday tho'!!! Y'all know what that means 😈 #AreYouTheOne
@ChrisScaliMTV: #AreYouTheOne airs at 11 PM/ET ON MTV TUNE IN!!!!
@MTVPaigeBrendel: New episode of Are You The One airs tonight 😊 #allsmiles xoxo http://t.co/woIVbqjYgD
@IamAdamKuhn: Yea I turn into the Incredible Hulk on tonight's episode of #AreYouTheOne get ready everyone!
@IamAdamKuhn: It's about to get crazy!! #AreYouTheOne @ryanmalaty @shandathapanda @amberleeMTV @ChrisScaliMTV @MaybachDiamonds @dubbucks @EDiamond007
@brittany_baldi: tension heats up in the house tonight! Exes show up, @IamAdamKuhn have a blow out and lots of drama. 11/10c #AreYouTheOne #MTV
@MTVJessicaPerez: Yea he played us & is proud of it. Just want y'all to know MOST of us were real. #areyoutheone #mtv http://t.co/ETuczl6LnP
@brittany_baldi: the cast and I will be live tweeting! 11/10c #AreYouTheOne @kklusby @SimoneKelly_ @ryanmalaty @MTVJessicaPerez @amberleeMTV @EDiamond007
@EDiamond007: Big things are happening tonight! Yes TONIGHT! Tune in and live tweet and be a part of it all! #areyoutheone @AREUTHE1 #TEAMDIAMOND
@Andre_sinclair1: @MTVJessicaPerez how about you read the full article! #thankyou
@Andre_sinclair1: Nothing wrong with once being married and now being single as in not married for show . And searching for someone new #AreYouTheOne #mtv
@ryanmalaty: Tonight's episode of #AreYouTheOne is CRAZY and it's only the beginning..
@Andre_sinclair1: Everyone make sure you watch #AreYouTheOne #teamdre . Also answering all DM questions that come in. #MTV http://t.co/HGXqyg0n1A
@ryanmalaty: Just found out there's an entire high school that refers to me as "Journal Boy" lmao...so there's that! #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: One hour and it's time for a new are you the one :) get to know @Andre_sinclair1 and I #areyoutheone
@ryanmalaty: Get caught up with my ep. 3 recap #AreYouTheOne | http://t.co/9Y3xbmjhYF
@shandathapanda: ONE HOUR HOMIEZZZZ
@MTVPaigeBrendel: Can y'all guess who is going to be standing next to me tonight at the match up? πŸ˜‰ #cheesin http://t.co/bzPYGsM8V6
@IamJoeyDillon: Let the #trending BEGIN!! #AreYouTheOne on in 1 hour! Stop what ur doing & watch your boy and your favorite cast push for 1mill! @MTV @TMZ
@ryanmalaty: You really can't be friends with someone who you want to sexually destroy #AreYouTheOne
@illBeJacy: One more hour for #AreYouTheOne can't wait!
@amberleeMTV: KEEP YOUR PHONES HANDY and tweet along with the cast and I tonight! This is a heated episode and we have LOTS to say! #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: I'll be live-tweeting the new episode of #AreYouTheOne so I'm sorry if I blow up your feeds for a minute :)
@amberleeMTV: TEAM #ETHANAMBER or #ADAMAMBER ? Let's see how tonight unfolds! #AreYouTheOne @mtv http://t.co/SlxOK70rWa
@IamAdamKuhn: Get ready everyone! I will be live tweeting during tonight's episode! It will be a great episode.. do not miss it! #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: Going to need some love from all you @areuthe1 fans tonight, episode four is crazy #gotlove #areyoutheone help me out with #teamdiamond
@IamAdamKuhn: If you're watching #TeenMom2 you better keep that TV on for the new episode of #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: 20 minutes till shit gets real on #AreYouTheOne!!! I'm gonna need all the support I can get #teamryan
@amberleeMTV: Alright, #TeenMom2 fans - DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT REMOTE! A new episode of #AreYouTheOne comes on in 15 minutes! See you then!
@ChrisScaliMTV: #AreYouTheOne in 15 minutes are you readyyyy #mtv @mtv @AREUTHE1
@EDiamond007: if i see another commercial from #TeenMom2 with @IamAdamKuhn kissing @amberleeMTV I am going to break my tv #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@ryanmalaty: Oh my god oh my god oh my god #AreYouTheOne #TeamRyan
@IamAdamKuhn: 5 minutes! #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1 @mtv
@shandathapanda: Alright guys, are you ready? I'm ready. @IamAdamKuhn is about to be thaaaa star πŸ‘Œ

As the Cast Saw It
@AshleighMorgh: Here we go #areyoutheone
@ryanmalaty: HERE WE GO #AreYouTheOne
@illBeJacy: here we go!!!!!
@ryanmalaty: Previously on #AreYouTheOne ...crazy sex and drama and whatnot
@Andre_sinclair1: It's on #AreYouTheOne #mtv #teamdre
@IamJoeyDillon: #AreYouTheOne ayyyyy!!! #tunein #mtv @AREUTHE1 #Trending
@amberleeMTV: "But now our minds are confused and our hearts are lonely"@ryanmalaty It's not all fun&games when love and money are involved #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Our minds are confused and our hearts are lonely #AreYouTheOne
@Andre_sinclair1: I'll be live tweeting, following all my #teamdre #AreYouTheOne back!
@MTVJessicaPerez: Ryan & Brittany a possibility? #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: I like how Adam tries to toss Brittany my way 😏 haha #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Sometimes I consider other people's feelings before my own...is that weird? #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Trying to convince Brittany her and Adam aren't a match was like trying to teach a sea turtle to do math #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: "Do you think you're listening to us?" @amberleeMTV #AreYouTheOne
@Andre_sinclair1: Turn up @amberleeMTV  lol
@ryanmalaty: Hey guys let's get tupperware!!! @brittany_baldi #AreYouTheOne
@amberleeMTV: Pause. DO YOU SENSE MY FRUSTRATION? @brittany_baldi & @IamAdamKuhn are SO not a match! WHO'S WITH ME?! #AreYouTheOne http://t.co/nt26vXkt1v
@EDiamond007: I get tupplewear and shit! yal agree with me on that! @brittany_baldi #areyoutheone lmaoo
@MTVJessicaPerez: You're crazy brah. @brittany_baldi
@brittany_baldi: Win the game or go with feelings? #AreYouTheOne #mtv
@AshleighMorgh: @brittany_baldi standing up for what she believes in
@brittany_baldi: @AshleighMorgh I should have been a team player! 1 million. I agree @amberleeMTV 1 million! #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Um, did @Coleysia just drop the L-bomb? #AreYouTheOne
@Andre_sinclair1: WTF @AshleighMorgh how u going to ask me that first convo. Lol #AreYouTheOne #teamdre
@ryanmalaty: Dillan and Coleysia melt my heart #AreYouTheOne @MTV
@AshleighMorgh: Obviously @Andre_sinclair1 didn't want to answer the question. #areyoutheone
@ryanmalaty: "Stay out of the kitchen" @dillanhoward not something you hear every day #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: Awwww @Coleysia and @dillanhoward are so adorable...I wonder if they are a match or not. #goodness #AreYouTheOne #mtv #perfectmatch
@MTVJessicaPerez: #challengeday #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: CHALLENGE DAY!!! Wooooo!!! Ooooo....noooooo #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Karma's a bitch* #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Um, we heard that @Coleysia. #AreYouTheOne
@IamAdamKuhn: Omg Omg my ex girlfriend @Mackenzie_Ryan3 is here!! #AreYouTheOne
@kklusby: #AreYouTheOne @Coleysia "at least y'all are upgrading"
@ryanmalaty: My ex is the FIRST ONE off the bus #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: Ohhhhh they would do that to us, at our OWN HOUSE! #AREYOUTHEONE @areuthe1
@ryanmalaty: "At least y'all are upgrading" @Coleysia upgrading to a world of hurt #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: NOT HAPPY @areuthe1 #areyoutheone
@haileychivers: The Exes are here!! @Mtvareyoutheone #exes #areyoutheone
@MTVShowBlog: First we have the exes on #RealWorldExPlosion, now this?! Worlds collide! #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: The skeletons are coming out! #Awkward #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Gee, I wonder who McKenzie's EX could be? Cough. Cough. Looking' at you, @IamAdamKuhn. #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Ok ok, her name is Bailey, and she's a sweetheart...but I'm still not happy about this #AreYouTheOne
@shandathapanda: Hahaha, these boys are nervous as FUUUUCK #AreYouTheOne
@MTVJessicaPerez: What does my left bicep look like?? @Mackenzie_Ryan3 @IamAdamKuhn
@MTVShowBlog: "YOU HO!"-@illBeJacy #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: JUMPER CABLES #AreYouTheOne
@JayGMTV: Dont forget you better be watching @mtv right now  my personal friend @ChrisScaliMTV and @kklusby are on #AreYouTheOne #realworld #mtv
@shandathapanda: Hey Ryan, don't buy me anything @ryanmalaty #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Who knew @jess_daniellee could be so catty? KEEP IT UP! #MEOW #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Listen...if your car was dead, jumper cables would be an excellent gift...dammit... #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: "Do you have crazy bitch tendencies?" @MTVJessicaPerez hahaha I love you #AreYouTheOne
@brittany_baldi: @ryanmalaty I think you're thoughtful #AreYouTheOne
@IamAdamKuhn: Jumper Cables! @ryanmalaty #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: yeah @MTVJessicaPerez !!! #crazybitchtendensies haha
@AshleighMorgh: This is our house! #areyoutheone
@dillanhoward: She only knows how to cook blueberry pop-tarts 😊 @Coleysia #AreYouTheOne
@ChrisScaliMTV: #AreYouTheOne smh smh
@amberleeMTV: WHEW! First commercial break...I'll follow back the NEXT 20 people that follow me!! Go go go! Love you all...STAY TUNED. #AreYouTheOne
@Andre_sinclair1: My ex was not having it. I must be a good guy #AreYouTheOne #teamdre
@Coleysia: “@dillanhoward: She only knows how to cook blueberry pop-tarts 😊 @Coleysia #AreYouTheOne” oh shut up!! Lol!!
@MTVPaigeBrendel: I knew right away who Scalis ex was!
@shandathapanda: I just want everyone to know that it was HOT AS FUCKING BALLS that day and my shoes like melted to my feet. #AreYouTheOne #getlikeme
@IamAdamKuhn: Okay Okay my Mom spray tanned me! It's 2014 people! #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1
@ryanmalaty: At least I have the hottest ex #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: That's a bummer for Ethan #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: #facebook is never a credible source! #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@AshleighMorgh: These exes man.. #areyoutheone
@IamJoeyDillon: Right back on @MaybachDiamonds !!!! "I don't think any girl is going to give you the time or day again!" #AreYouTheOne #mtv @mtv @AREUTHE1
@EDiamond007: I was set up! #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@ChrisScaliMTV: Dating Advice 005- the key to a womans heart is to make her laugh! and play with her hair #AreYouTheOne @mtv @AREUTHE1
@MTVJessicaPerez: 8 out of 10! Say what! Winning! #AreYouTheOne
@Coleysia: Grrrrrrrr!!!!! @MTVJessicaPerez !!!!
@Andre_sinclair1: I usually win challenges but was not up to me @AreYouThe1MTV #teamdre #mtv
@ryanmalaty: Thank goodness Kayla picks me #TeamRyan #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Tweet now to cast your vote for the couple you would send into the Truth Booth? #AdamBritt #RyanKayla #WesJacy #DillanJess
@ryanmalaty: Brittany picks Adam?! WHAAA?! #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: @brittany_baldi she is staying CONSISTEN!! At least she's consistent #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1 @mtv
@Coleysia: I suck at challenges. Lol. #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Wait...this nightmare isn't over??? #AreYouTheOne
@MTVShowBlog: This is like an awkward middle school dance #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: You want me to join the most awkward conversation imaginable? Ok sure! #AreYouTheOne
@Andre_sinclair1: Kayla and Ryan ex favor tho #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Couldn't believe Kayla was in my ex girlfriend's corner #teamryan #AreYouTheOne
@amberleeMTV: Should @kklusby really be taking @ryanmalaty 's EX's side over Ryan though...? I mean, really. #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: Ehhhh #awkward @ryanmalaty . That sucks #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1
@ryanmalaty: Great, looks like I've got two ex girlfriends in the house now #AreYouTheOne #TeamRyan
@brittany_baldi: Sorry guys. I keep it loyal and consistent #AreYouTheOne
@shandathapanda: People got oddly close to the exes. NOOOOT MY CUP O TEA. I did like @dubbucks ex though! #japanesetwins #AreYouTheOne
@dubbucks: @shandathapanda yea u did... Weirdo πŸ˜‹ #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: I. Was. So. Mad. #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: @ryanmalaty they just met! its all gravy #areyoutheone
@shandathapanda: I got my dress at Forever 21! (I'm a F21 junkie) #AreYouTheOne
@shandathapanda: ...and I lost this competition because I obviously have only been paying attention to @TophsTweets #cutiepatootie
@TophsTweets: @shandathapanda she gets me😍
@brittany_baldi: @ryanmalaty and his ex. #drama
@ryanmalaty: Enough is enough. I'm out. #AreYouTheOne
@Andre_sinclair1: @ChrisScaliMTV always trying to get someone drunk
@EDiamond007: @ChrisScaliMTV BARTENDER!!! @areuthe1
@ryanmalaty: KEPT MY COMPOSURE THOUGH #AreYouTheOne #TeamRyan
@amberleeMTV: LADIES & GENTS - I present to you the TRUTH BOOTH victims: #AdamBritt #RyanKayla #WesJacy #DillanJess… choose wisely! #AreYouTheOne @MTV
@AshleighMorgh: I love me some @Coleysia such a beautiful woman inside and out. I'm happy she's one of my closest friends. #areyoutheone @AREUTHE1
@Coleysia: @AshleighMorgh @AREUTHE1 😫😫😫 I love you!! 😘😘😘😘
@ChrisScaliMTV: brooklyn style bartending #AreYouTheOne
@SimoneKelly_: @Coleysia Our talks in the kitchen tho! LolπŸ‘―πŸ˜˜  #AreYouTheOne
@Coleysia: @SimoneKelly_ thank God they didn't air them all!!! Lol!!! It got real in the kitchen!! Lol!
@SimoneKelly_: @Coleysia lmaooo!! Exactly!
@shandathapanda: @dillanhoward is easy to fall in love with so OF COURSE his ex still loves him. He's a catch πŸ‘Œ
@dillanhoward: @shandathapanda thanks babe 😊
@AREUTHE1: Well, that was #AWKWARD! #AreYouTheOne
@MTVShowBlog: .@IamAdamKuhn sounds like Regina George. "Why are you so obsessed with me?" #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Adam changing the subject = PRICELESS #AreYouTheOne
@kklusby: Bailey was def a cool chick...BUT at the end of the night I was still #TeamRyan #AreYouTheOne
@MTVPaigeBrendel: Truth booth time! Who will it be? #AdamBritt #RyanKayla #WesJacy #DillanJess #AreYouTheOne @MTV
@ryanmalaty: Well that was awkward...Bon voyage! #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: What a day.. @MTV #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: @ryanmalaty that was THE most #awkward hug I've seen anyone get haha. Sorry bro #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1 @mtv
@EDiamond007: awkward turtle  @areuthe1 #areyoutheone
@brittany_baldi: Ya. Its a dating experience. You get to know people, not like being at home and basic dating.  #AreYouTheOne
@ChrisScaliMTV: ARE YOU THE ONE ! Right now ! On MTV
@ChrisScaliMTV: @illBeJacy wow your fucked up
@ryanmalaty: Tweet now to cast you vote for the couple you want in the truth booth #AdamBritt #RyanKayla #WesJacy #DillanJess | #AreYouTheOne
@dillanhoward: Me, my crush and my ex-lover. Lets get weird #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Ugh, I really hope @Andre_sinclair1 and @AshleighMorgh are a perfect match! Don't you guys? #AreYouTheOne
@shandathapanda: Who do you want to see in the BOOOOTH? #adambritt #ryankayla #dillanjess #wesjacy
@illBeJacy: "@ChrisScaliMTV: @illBeJacy wow your fucked up" So are you and so is your ex! We even!
@IamAdamKuhn: "She's obsessed with me!" #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1
@Andre_sinclair1: Real talk that crazy ass chick changed me for the rest of my life #AreYouTheOne #TeamDre
@ryanmalaty: Ashleigh needs to read TMZ more often #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Mai Tai express WOOT WOOOOT!!! #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: After being done dirty so many times, it's hard to trust again. #areyoutheone #mtv
@IamJoeyDillon: Hahaha @MTVJessicaPerez that face you made though! Haha #epic #dillanjess #AreYouTheOne #mtv
@ryanmalaty: Still mad about the ex thing, but I wanted to be a good date for Kayla :) #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: We named some of the pigs! There was Wilber, Babe, Maxwell, Hamlet, and Bacon #AreYouTheOne
@brittany_baldi: Lets get it clear. Its not being obsessed. Its wanting to get to know someone #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: Awkward turtles all night #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@MTVJessicaPerez: I see something romantical! #RyanKayla @AREUTHE1
@MTVShowBlog: Pig farm sighting! Always a romantic start #AreYouTheOne
@shandathapanda: All this romance is making me gassy. #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: What's more romantic than running majestically into a field of dreams? #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: Poor Wes
@ryanmalaty: Was I a good date Kayla? @kklusby #AreYouTheOne http://t.co/6GqW597KxC
@kklusby: Hand picked bouquets, passionate kisses, and the breathtaking plantations of Hawaii #romance #butterflies @ryanmalaty #AreYouTheOne πŸ’•πŸ’•
@MTVJessicaPerez: Time to shut down the bull sh*t. @MaybachDiamonds
@shandathapanda: CHECK OUT THAAA LAZY EYE. #represent
@ryanmalaty: Brittany's reaction to Adam breaking it off = PRICELESS #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: say it with your chest @IamAdamKuhn #friendzone #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@amberleeMTV: I would like to hear @brittany_baldi's definition of "MAD SPACE"…stand your ground, @IamAdamKuhn !!! #AreYouTheOne #MTV @MTV @AREUTHE1
@MTVJessicaPerez: Now who's your boss? #brittanyandadam #AreYouTheOne
@Coleysia: Oh God! Lol! @IamAdamKuhn @brittany_baldi !!!
@ryanmalaty: Dinner and a show! Best date ever. @kklusby #AreYouTheOne
@MTVShowBlog: The most eloquent break-up I've ever witnessed...#AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: @IamAdamKuhn such a healthy relationship with @brittany_baldi @areuthe1 #areyoutheone
@IamAdamKuhn: I'm done! #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1 @mtv http://t.co/WaKuKKieZZ
@IamJoeyDillon: Hahaha @brittany_baldi and @IamAdamKuhn you guys are wildddddd @mtv @AREUTHE1 #mtv #AreYouTheOne
@haileychivers: How could y'all be arguing when that scenery is all around you!?! 🌴🌴🌴@IamAdamKuhn #AreYouTheOne
@shandathapanda: ........ #justabunchofperiodsbecausethereistoomuchcrazy
@IamJoeyDillon: @IamAdamKuhn he is soooo lit right now!! Drunk a bit? #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1 @mtv
@amberleeMTV: HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIFE...cause @IamAdamKuhn is about to HULK SMASH over here! #BEASTMODE #AreYouTheOne @MTV #MTV @AREUTHE1
@EDiamond007: YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN IM ANGRY @IamAdamKuhn #AreYouTheOne @areuthe1
@MTVJessicaPerez: The hulk. @IamAdamKuhn
@Coleysia: “@MTVJessicaPerez: The hulk. @IamAdamKuhn” da hulk!!!!!
@ryanmalaty: How do you spell denial? B-R-I-T-T-A-N-Y lmao #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: HULK SMASH #AreYouTheOne #mtv @mtv @AREUTHE1
@Andre_sinclair1: Damnnnn @IamAdamKuhn I was πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ . U went In son #AreYouTheOne
@MTVShowBlog: .@brittany_baldi knows the secret to winning an argument: smiling! #AreYouTheOne
@ChrisScaliMTV: gotta amp up my boy @IamAdamKuhn @mtv @AREUTHE1 #AreYouTheOne #MTV
@AshleighMorgh: Oh Brittany and Adam #areyoutheone
@IamAdamKuhn: Hulk Mode!!! #AreYouTheOne This was a huge build up! !
@AshleighMorgh: Do you think @iamadamkuhn was a little too much?
@MTVJessicaPerez: Say what???? #dillanjess #truthbooth
@Andre_sinclair1: I wanted Ryan and Kayla to go in #AreYouTheOne #mtv
@ryanmalaty: Kayla and I should've gone in the truth booth #fact #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: Another truth booth baby! Let's go !!
@dubbucks: STOP FALLING IN LOOOOVE!!!! πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜©πŸ˜‚ #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: my stomach feels like its going to fall outta my butt haha love u @Coleysia
@shandathapanda: So let's tell MTV to show @TophsTweets and I some more, eh eh ehhhhhhh? #notAMATCHDOE
@TophsTweets: @shandathapanda HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE US!!!
@dillanhoward: #MTV you spelt my name wrong πŸ˜‘#AreYouTheOne #Dillan
@kklusby: @ryanmalaty the most amazing and unforgettable date ! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
@shandathapanda: Okay, so no romance...just crazy and nerves...I'm still gassy. #AreYouTheOne
@Coleysia: I love everybody that realized that quote came from Mean Girls!! #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Drum roll please.....and they are NOT A MATCH! #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: sorry fans! we had no idea what we were doing with the #truthbooth ! #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@ryanmalaty: No one listens #AreYouTheOne
@amberleeMTV: I still have nightmares about that flashing "NO MATCH!" sign. Producers leave it on the screen ALL NIGHT too just to rub it in #AreYouTheOne
@MTVShowBlog: "Hug it out..." *slow clap* #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: @Coleysia why don't you tell us how you really, #twerk IT! #AreYouTheOne
@Coleysia: “@AREUTHE1: @Coleysia why don't you tell us how you really, #twerk IT! #AreYouTheOne” lmbo!!!
@IamJoeyDillon: IS @Coleysia dancing!!!? Hahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1 @mtv
@Andre_sinclair1: No match AGAIN! But I'm being positive #AreYouTheOne #mtv
@MTVJessicaPerez: Coleysia twerking to no match. This is epic. @AREUTHE1
@AREUTHE1: So many LOVE triangles, I can't keep UP! @IamAdamKuhn @amberleeMTV @EDiamond007 #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: On the bright side, Mai Tai's are my new favorite drink #AreYouTheOne
@amberleeMTV: "I was only with Brittany because I couldn't be with you…"@IamAdamKuhn SWOON! Not gonna lie, my heart did skip a beat there. #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: @Coleysia that twerk doe #areyoutheone
@EDiamond007: #areyoutheone @areuthe1 takin a backseat to @IamAdamKuhn while he bangs britt and comes after my girl @amberleeMTV
@dillanhoward: @MTVJessicaPerez "Hug it out"...you're still a babe 😘
@Coleysia: Aye! Twerk!!! Lol!! #AreYouTheOne
@SimoneKelly_: Adam is the INCREDIBLE HULK if you didn't know! Lol #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: @IamAdamKuhn and @amberleeMTV πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
@IamAdamKuhn: I was only with brittany because I couldn't get with you @amberleeMTV #AreYouTheOne @mtv
@amberleeMTV: πŸ’” I wasn't trying to leave @ediamond007 & was really hurt by his response. Sometimes a girl deserves to be fought for...#AreYouTheOne @MTV
@EDiamond007: should fought for my @amberleeMTV :(
@amberleeMTV: Hmm...@dubbucks @ryanmalaty @ChrisScaliMTV and now @EDiamond007! What do all these boys have in common? #AreYouTheOne
@dubbucks: @amberleeMTV @ryanmalaty @ChrisScaliMTV @EDiamond007 that's a good question! 😳
@MTVShowBlog: Let's guess where this is heading...#AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Adam goes from HULK to Casanova in no-time at all #AreYouTheOne
@amberleeMTV: Though he may rage like the HULK, @IamAdamKuhn swept me off my feet like superman. #AreYouTheOne @MTV @AREUTHE1
@EDiamond007: missin out on the makeout session #areyoutheone @amberleeMTV @IamAdamKuhn
@amberleeMTV: @EDiamond007 my heart hurts...
@IamAdamKuhn: Omg @amberleeMTV what is going on?! I am damn smooth #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: adam and amber think they have so much chemistry!  Ill just hang out on the hammock,vguess its my karma for the ex! #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@IamAdamKuhn: What does everyone think about my game with @amberleeMTV #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: @IamAdamKuhn @amberleeMTV HA
@shandathapanda: Don't worry my loves, I come back in the next episodes with a vengeance 😁 #teamshanley #AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Seems like everybody wants piece of @dillanhoward. #Swoon #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: I just wanted @amberleeMTV to be happy... NO MATTER WHAT #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@ryanmalaty: DILLAN! DILLAN! DILLAN! #AreYouTheOne
@brittany_baldi: @dillanhoward has a fan club in the house #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: Hahaha "Dillan has no fan club" @Coleysia #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1 @mtv
@ryanmalaty: She almost popped a vein just then! @Coleysia #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: #bestdressed #teamjoey #matchup #ceremony #AreYouTheOne #mtv @mtv @AREUTHE1 @MTVShowBlog
@AshleighMorgh: Guess who I'm picking tonight?! #areyoutheone
@IamAdamKuhn: Omg who is going to pick me at this match up! #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1
@AshleighMorgh: So @SimoneKelly_ picked @Andre_sinclair1 and got the rose.. Wtf #areyoutheone
@ryanmalaty: We're getting nowhere fast #AreYouTheOne
@ChrisScaliMTV: sorry britt @brittany_baldi #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: @ChrisScaliMTV "if @brittany_baldi chooses @IamAdamKuhn.....she's an idiot." Lol you guys are wild. This cast though!! #AreYouTheOne #mtv
@amberleeMTV: Due to ALL the sad faces flooding my timeline - I'll follow back the next 20 people who follow me again!! READY SET GO! xoxo #AreYouTheOne
@illBeJacy: The truth hurts! #AreYouTheOne
@SimoneKelly_: I LOVE MY PINK DRESS!!! #Adrenes #AreYouTheOne
@IamAdamKuhn: "If Brittany chooses adam she's dumb" @ChrisScaliMTV #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1
@amberleeMTV: HAHA, you can ALWAYS count on @MaybachDiamonds for some comic relief! I need you back in my life JJ! #AreYouTheOne
@MTVShowBlog: .@illBeJacy NOT. HAVING. THAT. #Notagoodtimeforgrammarlessons #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: grammar patrol @MaybachDiamonds lmaoo
@ryanmalaty: Thank The Lord for John and Jacy @MaybachDiamonds @illBeJacy #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: I love how @MaybachDiamonds corrects @illBeJacy grammar. He cracks me up. #areyoutheone
@IamJoeyDillon: @MaybachDiamonds it's supposed to be "I don't feel anything...not I don't feel nothing..BUT....that's sad..." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ @illBeJacy #AreYouTheOne
@SimoneKelly_: Who thinks Dre is my match!!? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: That orange dress though! @brittany_baldi #AreYouTheOne
@ryanmalaty: Awww Kayla don't cry #AreYouTheOne
@illBeJacy: this was not a time to correct me #asshole @MaybachDiamonds lmao http://t.co/nVeZHmwKzl
@dillanhoward: If nobody comments on my wolf shirt, my life basically means nothing #AreYouTheOne #MatchUp
@IamJoeyDillon: @dillanhoward shirt was dope brother. You allllready know
@dillanhoward: @IamJoeyDillon that shirt almost went a little too hard, didn't it? 😎
@IamJoeyDillon: @dillanhoward bro. I was jealous when I walked out in a sweater and saw WOLF!! Too hard
@dillanhoward: @IamJoeyDillon #toohard
@ryanmalaty: Thank you for the kind words Britt :) @brittany_baldi #AreYouTheOne
@ChrisScaliMTV: @JayGMTV #AreYouTheOne #mtv #RealWorldExPlosion http://t.co/3CLsGIQVr1
@JayGMTV: @ChrisScaliMTV  the world aint ready for the two of us bro haha. #takeover
@amberleeMTV: ANY girl would be lucky to have @ediamond007. Sometimes the heart has to do a little searching before it finds it's match! #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: Now who am I gonna pick..
@IamAdamKuhn: @ryanmalaty you seem pretty excited that Brittany picked you! #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1
@EDiamond007: what just happened?! sitting with @kklusby and not @amberleeMTV what did i do #areyoutheone
@MTVShowBlog: Heeeeeeeere we go...#AreYouTheOne
@AREUTHE1: Bring on the BEAMS of light already! The anticipation is KILLING ME! #AreYouTheOne
@IamJoeyDillon: Wait. So me and @illBeJacy were last. Save the best for last yeahhhh!!!! #perfectmatch !!?? #AreYouTheOne
@illBeJacy: @IamJoeyDillon we the best yo!!
@shandathapanda: Let's just say someone fucked up our match up. When one person picks someone other than who they said they were, they fuck up everyone
@MaybachDiamonds: @illBeJacy sorrryyyyy I'm an editor it's natural! I was making it better!!! Hahaha
@Andre_sinclair1: You was going to pick me@@AshleighMorgh thanks πŸ˜‰
@IamAdamKuhn: I Flipped the fuck out this episode #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1 #HULK
@shandathapanda: Else's picks. Hence the trickle down effect. *sigh*
@AshleighMorgh: @TophsTweets and I? #areyoutheone @AREUTHE1 #mtv
@ryanmalaty: And the number of perfect matches is....a bunch of commercials!!! Haha #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: How r we feelin about these matches?? #areyoutheone @AREUTHE1
@illBeJacy: @MaybachDiamonds yeahh okk haha smh
@SimoneKelly_: NEXT WEEK!!!! Yea, you might wanna be tuned in! πŸ‘€πŸ™ˆπŸ™€ #AreYouTheOne
@Coleysia: Everybody has a storyline in this show. So who gets what airtime is stupid. Shut up. -management.
@AREUTHE1: Things ARE NOT looking good! Only 6 more chances, can they do it? #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: We suck at love and we suck at these matchups.. Damn. #areyoutheone
@IamJoeyDillon: Only two matches!!!??? Meh 😩😩😩😩 #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1 @mtv
@ryanmalaty: Son. Of. A. Bitch. #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: @tophstweets that was the birth of the saddle
@EDiamond007: leave it to the host ryan to tell us how disappointing we are! @areuthe1 #areyoutheone
@IamAdamKuhn: Sorry everyone I'm a Savage! I have a lot of Testosterone!  #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1 @mtv

@AREUTHE1: Thanks everyone for watching and live tweeting #AreYouTheOne! xoxo
@MTVShowBlog: Let's see if the cast of #AreYouTheOne can up that electric bill next week!
@AshleighMorgh: Next weeks challenge was my favorite challenge ever!! #areyoutheone
@amberleeMTV: Trust me, @ediamond007 lovers -watching this episode really hurt my heart. But stay tuned! There's always room for plot twists…#AreYouTheOne
@shandathapanda: We fucked up. BUT HOLY SHIT NEXT WEEK OMG #AreYouTheOne #shitsgettingsoreal
@ryanmalaty: Thank you all for watching #AreYouTheOne with me :)
@kklusby: Thanks everyone for watching with me! Love you all! 😘 #AreYouTheOne #teamkayla
@Andre_sinclair1: Great episode tonight. #AreYouTheOne #MTV #TeamDre
@IamAdamKuhn: I'm done!!!! #AreYouTheOne http://t.co/BbvJ7Zz09b
@dubbucks: Wooooow! #OccupyWesSweater is trending on twitter right now!?? HAHAHHA damn @offdayoza you a fool!
@MTVPaigeBrendel: A lot of y'all think Chris and I were one of those matches from tonight. Stay tuned to find out! Xo @chrisscaliMTV
@IamAdamKuhn: Thank you all! You guys made me trend worldwide! #AreYouTheOne @AREUTHE1 http://t.co/EhPjdUROSe
@EDiamond007: I would have quit on the spot if my ex had to come in the house #areyoutheone @areuthe1 nooooo up in herrreeeee!
@haileychivers: Loving #AreYouTheOne can't wait till the next episode @mtv @AREUTHE1 @RealWorldMTV
@dubbucks: Just got verified on twitter πŸ˜”πŸ˜³
@dubbucks: Shout out to EVERY SINGLE person who watches and supports #AreYouTheOne! If it wasn't for u folks, this show should be nothing! Much love πŸ™Œ
@amberleeMTV: @dillanhoward, your EX was so sweet! One of my faves. But @Coleysia is a dime and I'm team #DILLANCOEYSIA forever! #AreYouTheOne #MTV
@dillanhoward: @amberleeMTV @Coleysia how did I get so lucky to be in the presence of two gems? ☺️
@Coleysia: @dillanhoward @amberleeMTV yea yea. This better not be the tweet. Lol
@Coleysia: @amberleeMTV @dillanhoward I love you Amber!!!!
@AshleighMorgh: Thanks for all the support especially from the Akron people!! #330 #akron #areyoutheone #zipnation
@EDiamond007: @ryanmalaty gettemmmmm
@EDiamond007: I know its tough to watch the lights and not see progress! keep the faith everyone its still early! #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@brittany_baldi: @ryanmalaty has class. Glad I picked him as my #match tonight #AreYouTheOne
@AshleighMorgh: You can do whatever you set your mind to.
@EDiamond007: what does amber see in adam?!?  #areyoutheone @areuthe1
@IamAdamKuhn: Whoever gives me a Meme with me from the match up or my truth booth freak out I will follow and retweet #AreYouTheOne
@amberleeMTV: After this episode... I NEED A DRINK! @EDiamond007 @IamAdamKuhn @brittany_baldi - Glasses up! This one's for our love square! #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: love how @Coleysia is a serial twerker! haha #gotlove
@Coleysia: “@EDiamond007: love how @Coleysia is a serial twerker! haha #gotlove” lololololol!!
@IamAdamKuhn: And that is how you break up with a girl. #AreYouTheOne
@EDiamond007: Always hope guys! Still early in the season for @amberleeMTV and I  #amberethan #GOTLOVE @AREUTHE1 #areyoutheone
@ryanmalaty: Glad @brittany_baldi picked me as her match, at least it wasn't @IamAdamKuhn lmao #AreYouTheOne
@illBeJacy: I loved episode 4 of #AreYouTheOne #sofunny
@IamJoeyDillon: I can't thank my #teamjoey fans enough. Trust me girls, there still us good guys out there! #AreYouTheOne #mtv @AREUTHE1 @mtv @MTVShowBlog
@JayGMTV: Sometimes i get really confused watching #AreYouTheOne lol
@RyanDevlin: @JayGMTV Me too, and I was there. Shits crazy!
@EDiamond007: @RyanDevlin @JayGMTV amen
@dillanhoward: All the love tonight πŸ™ˆ. If you said something awesome or anything at all, I promise it did not go unnoticed #AreYouTheOne #RIPFeedπŸ’€πŸ˜Š
@RyanDevlin: West coast! A new #AreYouTheOne is coming at you at 11. Wear protection.
@IamAdamKuhn: You won't like me when I'm angry! #AreYouTheOne http://t.co/EyyBSza2DA
@RyanDevlin: @brittany_baldi You took that rage like a champ 😁
@brittany_baldi: @RyanDevlin haha thanks Ryan. Takes an animal to know an animal #wild :)
@IamAdamKuhn: Can't wait for the next episode of #AreYouTheOne



As I Saw It...a day later
- Note: My plans were that I was gonna watch the episode in the family room next door last night while still recording the Olympics in my room. But there was a "one moment please" message on the MTV channel when I tuned it to the box. Plus there was potentially waking up those upstairs who were sleeping. So, I delayed watching it until Wednesday, and here's my commentary...


@dc408dxtr: Well better late than never sorry I didn't get to do it last night, now it's time for me to head on over to Hawaii for #AreYouTheOne.
@dc408dxtr: Everyone's ticked off they went from 4 > 2 in matchup #2. As I tweeted LW, still early but now desperation mode for the group. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: This week's challenge: "karma's a b!---." And what do we have here? A van is driving up and...the exes? This'll be awkward. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: Gosh, if you're a guy on #AreYouTheOne having to hear your ex spill dirt to the girls, this'll get your heart rates racing up, I'm sure.
@dc408dxtr: This feels sort of like the newlywed game w/ these secrets being revealed & everyone reacting to everything. Its so addictive. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: Winners: @MTVJessicaPerez @brittany_baldi @illBeJacy @kklusby.
Chosen guys: @dillanhoward @dubbucks @ryanmalaty @IamAdamKuhn. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: Wow. As the winners go out on a date, the exes are guests for the night w/ the rest of the kids. Cue 1R's "secrets"... #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: As they're at lunch break, @brittany_baldi & @IamAdamKuhn are getting into words...last night they described him as hulk Adam. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: Now I see hulk Adam. @IamAdamKuhn  and then @dillanhoward @MTVJessicaPerez are voted to the #truthbooth that's a surprise. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: And @dillanhoward @MTVJessicaPerez aren't a match. Truth booth is being cruel to them. They can't seem to buy a match here. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: After the matchup arena, will post latest #DCBlog just ahead of Olympic primetime. Group needs to get this number up to boost house morale.
@dc408dxtr: .@MTVJessicaPerez: "I'm looking around after everyone's made their choices & I'm feeling so not good about this...we f-d up." #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: So everyone's matched up, @RyanDevlin & the beams will let them know what they've got. Week 1 - 2; Week 2 - 4; Week 3 - 2. #AreYouTheOne
- @RyanDevlin: @dc408dxtr What about next week???
- @dc408dxtr: @RyanDevlin must've been tough this week. It can't be 2 next week, gonna be uphill road to the cash. Has to be more than that - I predict 5
@dc408dxtr: Reality sets in yet again... Same total as last week - 2 perfect matches. Now they're desperate even more than last week. #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: .@Coleysia: "It's so discouraging. We just got to try something new. Something's got to change." #AreYouTheOne
@dc408dxtr: .@AshleighMorgh: "Im  p-d off. Im irate bc I wanted 2 use this matchup 2 get 5-6 so we can start narrowing down who the perfect matches are"
@dc408dxtr: .@illBeJacy: "We're going with sole instinct. We still have a lot of tries left. And we'll figure it out." #AreYouTheOne


Now to that comeback story. Last week, we learned about the inspiring story of one of the handful of members of this Are You The One? cast who happens to follow me in the social world. And much like what we saw with Diem on The Challenge: Rivals II last summer, Ethan has the most-inspiring and incredible backstory of all of the 20 castmates. There in episode 3 & in a web extra, Ethan told Amber, and later to Paige, Coleysia, Kayla & Adam, the story of an accident on New Year's Eve 2010-11 in Colorado where, while being inebriated, his intentions to have more fun than he was supposed to got the best of him, and it almost changed his life.
   That fateful night, a need to steal a bike from a balcony near his apartment had him going up the side of a building like Spider-Man. And after being caught in the act by the landlord in grabbing that bike as she tried to call police, he had nowhere to go and drunkenly jumped off the 3rd story balcony. Ethan landed in the middle of the road, hit the pavement and his legs folded over on top of him. And when he tried to run, his legs hit his head, and once he crawled his way back home, he knew things weren't very good once his friends took him to the hospital.
   The result: Ethan broke both of his legs in ten places, with his right leg being blown out. He was in plenty of pain, and his lungs had to be inflated in order to allow him to receive enough oxygen, but he was in good spirits. He was then told that he would spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair, but several months later, he made great strides in the recovery process and defied the odds to again walk on his own two feet and enjoy the adventure sports that's a part of his life, as well as gaining a new appreciation on life and how to not take it for granted. After I saw it mentioned in the episode I tweeted, "To go from and accident to being in a wheelchair & back to being at 100%, gotta give it up to Ethan. It's inspiring. Don't give up."
   Ethan can definitely relate to one fellow member of the MTV family who also went through this same exact experience. As I wrote in my memories of the Rivals II cast last August, a story that brought casual viewers to the first Rivals was that of host TJ Lavin. He suffered serious injuries from a fall he suffered at his very last competiton as a BMX rider at the Dew Tour in Las Vegas in October 2010. After that crash TJ was put into a two-week coma, but made incredible strides in his recovery process over the holidays that he was healthy enough to fly down to Costa Rica to host the original Rivals Challenge.
   Bringing both of these stories together, it's always uplifting for me & everyone to hear incredible stories of people who experience immense heartbreak and then make a remarkable comeback. And I came to appreciate Ethan even more after hearing that story. To go from being, as the ladies mentioned to him, rock bottom and on the edge of being paralyzed, to defying all the odds and being able to walk again is such an amazing story. Ethan, gotta give it up to you for this story. Thanks.

For more on Ethan's story and that extended scene from episode 4, check out the MTV Show Blog: http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2014/02/06/are-you-the-one-ethan-leg-bonus-scene/.


As we wrap, as I wrote last week, I won't be writing a post-SocialPulse episode wrap for this episode, as well as last week's and next week's. Me being focused on Sochi might sidetrack me in doing a write up on the events of the episodes, so instead I'll be tabling the wraps for the week after the Olympics (Feb. 24-28) while I'll still be posting SocialPulse diaries for the episodes until then. We'll, of course, stay on top of Are You The One? along with Real World Ex-Plosion on here, even with the Games taking priority on here. Check me out on twitter @DC408dxtr for alerts to webcasts, interviews & articles on the casts.
   And be sure to check out my DC Games 2014 blogs on the Opening Ceremony and curling, with more posts coming up during the Games, plus how one heartbreaking story from the pre-Olympic World Cup circuit relates to what happened last summer on MTV's The Challenge: Rivals II. For now, hope you enjoyed both this post and episode 4 of Are You The One?. And until we blog again tomorrow, stay warm, have fun and thanks for reading.

- DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).