Saturday, February 1, 2014

DC SocialPulse: Real World Ex-Plosion: "Ex-otic Encounters"

*** Reader Advisory: DC SocialPulse Contains
Adult Language. Viewer Discretion is Advised. ***

By DC Cueva
@DC408dxtr

Hey there, another edition of SocialPulse as our coverage of Real World Ex-Plosion continues. After one of the most emotion-packed episodes we've ever seen on The Real World, the very twist that has divided fans from the moment it was announced is about to turn this season of the show on its head, about to turn an already drama-filled season even more dramatic. Last week in one of my favorite episodes, we saw the relationship between Jenny & Cory reach a turning point, while tensions between Ashley and the housemates reached a boiling point in her being evicted. And we all got to see the heartwrenching moment of Jay's dad calling his son that his mom had passed away, one of the most emotional moments we've ever seen on the show.
   Today, we will focus in on episode 4 entitled "Ex-otic Encounters," and airing on this night following the latest edition of MTV's iconic performance series "Unplugged" with Miley Cyrus and special guest Madonna. In this episode, we'll get to see the budding relationship between Thomas and Jamie reach its first bump in the road, while Jay tries to cover up a rather scandalous night of partying in the city. And, of course, we get our first look at the exes as they finally make the flight to the City, and ready to turn 20+ years of Real World tradition on its head as they move in to join the seven strangers. Plus, we get another fantastic prank being pulled in the Real World house; for which following our episode wrap, we'll look at some other pranks & funny moments from seasons past.
   As we begin, again the usual reminder that there is some adult language in some tweets below, but I am keeping it uncensored in order to retain the heat of the moment. So if you are mature enough, please read with discretion. :-)  So with that, to the city we go.


The Day Before
@JayGMTV: All my cali people listen to The @JV Show on @WiLD949 today at 7:35am pst on @iHeartRadio for a little jay g fun on the radio #real world
@Wild949: Coming up NEXT on The @JV Show, @JayGMTV from @MTV's #RealWorldExpolsion! We're gonna ask him about the incident w/ @MTVASHLEYBROOKE & more!
@JayGMTV: Tune that radio to listen to The @JV Show on @WiLD949 today at 7:35am pst on @iHeartRadio to hear about the real world next
@JamieChinaMTV: http://t.co/eBd0DEwWEw not even going to lie, watching this sneak peak of episode 4 makes me mad. Everything was so good before. #teamOGS
@JayGMTV: This friday catch me live on @HOT97 in the morning. Probably around 10-1030. Taking over now baby #realworld
@JennaCompono: Who's excited for REAL WORLD tm! #retweet Whos excited for SUPERBOWL?! #favorite
@JamieChinaMTV: Soooo New York, New Jersey, May be hitting y'all up very soon:) keep eyes peeled!!
@JamieChinaMTV: Gahhhh just so much sex in the next episode πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ can't believe this next episode. Y'all don't wanna miss tomorrow night 10pm/9c
@JayGMTV: Whos ready for a new episode of The Real world Explosion tomorrow.If your as excited as i am retweet this #realworld @JayGMTV @RealWorldMTV
@JamieChinaMTV: So apparently me and @JayGMTV are "thirsty" for fans... I'm sorry but no, we just like interacting. We love yall and the support from yall❤️
@JayGMTV: @JamieChinaMTV seee all the love we got for that. Ignore the haters. There are more important people here than them. We love our fans!
@JamieChinaMTV: @JayGMTV PREACH!! πŸ™Œ
@JayGMTV: Real World Explosion tomorrow. Whos excited to watch #RealWorldEXplosion #RealWorld @RealWorldMTV THE EXES ARE ABOUT TO MOVE IN
@JennaCompono: Guess who arrives tm;) #realworldexplosion
@JayGMTV: Dont forget to watch @MileyCyrus at 9pm tomo unplugged and then catch the exes moving in at 10pm on #RealWorldEXplosion @mtv @RealWorldMTV
@JayGMTV: I heard there was this amazing show on tomo at 10pm on @mtv  But cant remember what its called.Yous should watch it though.Somthin bout exes
@JamieChinaMTV: I think I just got asked to a Prom by a fan! ☺️
@JamieChinaMTV: Goodnight my lovelies!! Tomorrow is the day we've all been waiting for!! OG's VS EXES. Whose side are you on?!
@JayGMTV: Haha. All you had to do @JamieChinaMTV  was do OG's vs Exes and you got me and @jennycdelich involved real quick haha #teamOG  #RealWorld
@CallherJade: I can't fall back asleep πŸ˜–

Tonight is the Night
@JamieChinaMTV: So OG's VS EXES tonight!! Whose side are you on?!
@JamieChinaMTV: Thanks y'all for all the #wcw love!! Love y'all so much❤️
@AshleighMorgh: @itsarifitz @JamieChinaMTV @MTVCoryWharton @ThomasBuellMTV @JayGMTV support my real world fam! Their exes move in tonight on @MTV at 10/9c!
@shandathapanda: THEEE EXES COME TONIGHT! @JayGMTV @JamieChinaMTV @itsarifitz  @ThomasBuellMTV @MTVCoryWharton
@JamieChinaMTV: Don't get me wrong though with the exes. I do love me some @CallherJade @JennaCompono and @missashc 😍❤️
@MTVCoryWharton: The EX's show up today at 10 p.m ET πŸ’£πŸ’£πŸ’£πŸ’£ http://t.co/x25UBxMuo2
@JustJem24: Ok I have to get back to work stuff but @JayGMTV you're still my favorite boo.. Can't wait to drink your ass under the table very soon 😘🍻😏
@MTVASHLEYBROOKE: I love that #gstar shirt, needs an iron after an hour of shooting but hey , whatever http://t.co/RvcbWLeB9L
@missashc: We're coming!! @JennaCompono @CallherJade @haileychivers @bwillMTV Your Wednesdays nights are about to get a lot more interesting #realworld
@JayGMTV: So umm. Tonight gets a little out of hand lol. One of my drunkest nights on the Real World. Haha. Ooops #RealWorld
@jennycdelich: Are y'all ready for the Exes tonight m?! #realworld #RealworldExplosion
@haileychivers: Where should I go to dinner for my birthday? I'm feeling indecisive
@JamieChinaMTV: So like i said we are watching the 4th episode tonight at Capitol Bar tonight! we'll be there around 8. Would... http://t.co/isjBTMMY4Y
@JennaCompono: Tonight's episode is really intense on me 😳
@JayGMTV: A little close but what the heck. Why not. Dont forget to watch me on The Real World Explosion tonight… http://t.co/dqOe9A0ScX
@JamieChinaMTV: Lmao so me and @ThomasBuellMTV were just in the middle of a subway commercial that was promoting sriracha... Yeup sounds about right!
@JamieChinaMTV: I love how much y'all support me and @ThomasBuellMTV we love you guys!! Y'all are amazing ❤️
@RealWorldMTV: I can't even be in the same room with my ex for 5 min. so to watch them move into #RealWorld house tonight?! 😱
@JennaCompono: Real world explosion tnite I ARRIVE  add my on Instagram! 
@JennaCompono
@itsarifitz: Ready? I hear #realworldexplosion is getting a little nasty tonight at 10PM. πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ http://t.co/7ZL5qg833B http://t.co/SIVijV0XBl
@JayGMTV: On my way yo manhattan for a radio interview on 50Radio for 50 Cent!  Making moves! #realworld
@JennaCompono: #teamcompono tnite ;)
@JayGMTV: Hope you guys are ready to watch me get wasted n act a fool tonight hahaha. One of my drunkest nights on the Real world baby @RealWorldMTV
@JennaCompono: Gonna be a hard episode for me to watch tnite
@bwillMTV: The arrival of the EX's tonight following @MileyCyrus unplugged on #MTV #realworldexplosion is this the end of the #realworld as we know it?
@haileychivers: Real World debut tonight and my twenty second birthday tomorrow. What an extraordinary moment in time #REALWORLD @MTV @RealWorldMTV
@JennaCompono: Hour and a half!!! #RealWorldExPlosion
@JamieChinaMTV: Less the an hr and 1/2 till the bomb drops y'all.... The exes are about to come in and ruin everything! Don't miss it #RealWorldExPlosion 😳
@JennaCompono: Gonna be watching real world explosion on the tredmill at my gym Xsport tnite!!! So everyone tweet away
@JamieChinaMTV: And yessss I will be LIVE tweeting as usual! Hit me up with your questions or comments:) there will be a lot after you watch this episode😳
@ThomasBuellMTV: 1 hour!!!!! #realworld
@IamAdamKuhn: Getting ready to watch @JamieChinaMTV @JayGMTV and @JennaCompono #realworldexplosion.
@JennaCompono: @haileychivers u excited?!
@haileychivers: @JennaCompono a little but mostly nervous
@ryanmalaty: Be sure to check out my girl @JennaCompono on tonight's #RealWorldExpolsion SHIT GETS REAL
@JennaCompono: @ryanmalaty yeah it does :(((!! Ah
@JayGMTV: EVERYONE!! I want you to RETWEET this so we can spread it!Real World Explosion is on at 10pm et tonight on @mtv  Are you pumped?!! @JayGMTV
@itsarifitz: Y'all ready. Don't forget, I like to answer questions. Just tweet w/ #AutoAri & I got you. 😈 http://t.co/mRbXG81IlU
@haileychivers: This live tweeting is 'bout to get REAL bustin' out the laptop
@JayGMTV: RETWEEEEEEET MY LAST TWEET PLEASE! help spread to everyone to watch Real World tonight. Retweet my last tweet retweet it now!! Lol. Luv u
@RealWorldMTV: New #RealWorld starts in 30 min! THE EXES ARE COMING.
@ryanmalaty: Buckle up! @JamieChinaMTV is about to EXPLODE 😝 #realworldexplosion
@brittany_baldi: RT if you're watching @RealWorldMTV tonight! I WILL BE reppin' my #mtvfamily @JayGMTV  #MTV #AreYouTheOne  #realworldexplosion
@missashc: You guys ready?? I'll be live tweeting so feel free to tweet me anything during the show. Well...almost anything ;) #RealWorldExpolsion
@CallherJade: I should be watching.. Good thing I already saw it;) let me know what you tweeties think.
@MTVShowBlog: Who's ready for the exes to move in?! 10 minutes till #realworldexplosion!
@jennycdelich: 10 min till click BOOM bitchesssss #Realworld #realworldexplosion #ThisCouldBeUsButYouPlayin HAHA
@AshleighMorgh: And an all new Real World Explosion tonight on MTV at 10! @itsarifitz @JamieChinaMTV @MTVCoryWharton @ThomasBuellMTV @JayGMTV @MTV
@amberlee091: Super stoked to watch @JamieChinaMTV @ThomasBuellMTV @jennycdelich @MTVCoryWharton @JayGMTV @itsarifitz on #realworldexplosion ! #mtv @MTV

As Twitter Saw Episode 4
@MTV: It's time for the exes to move in... A new #RealWorld Ex-plosion is starting NOW!
@JamieChinaMTV: Tune in NOW to @MTV. #RealWorldExPlosion is on NOW! Prepare yourselves😱
@RealWorldMTV: It's go time!! #RealWorld #EXplosion
@MTVShowBlog: Here we GO. Ex-travaganza! #realworldexplosion
@BunimMurray: Are YOU ready? The EXES are finally here. RT if you're tuning in to the #RealWorld: EX-PLOSION madness NOW on @MTV!!!
@RWRRMTV: RT if you're watching #RealWorld Ex-Plosion!!!! #ExesMoveIn @MTV
@MTVShowBlog: "How are we going to have sex? There are cameras everywhere." Understatement of the season... #realworldexplosion
@JayGMTV: Its REAL WORLD EXPLOSION TIME
@RealWorldMTV: 8 years of drama... AND THEN SOME MORE @MTVCoryWharton
@JamieChinaMTV: "I know Toms anxious, I can feel him every morning getting anxious" lmao @ThomasBuellMTV
@MTVCoryWharton: "Wrong hole but you will like it "LMAO
@murtzjaffer: Watching #realworld w @JamieChinaMTV @JessieClaire88 @RyanClark_Music @JeremyDMcG1
@JennaCompono: Jay cheated?! :(
@itsarifitz: so... get ready for this.
@MTVShowBlog: The Last Supper #realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: #LASTSUPPERYALL #realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: were the roommates prepared for this?! #realworldexplosion #RealWorld
@itsarifitz: now just watch @jennycdelich's face #realworld
@RealWorldMTV: Last Supper?! 😱
@cohuttaMTV: I didn't know erotic dinners existed? Too much time at The Cracker Barrel I suppose. #realworldexplosion @mtv
@JayGMTV: Yeaa. They tricked me hahahahahha
@JennaCompono: Hell yeha Jenna's gonna kill u!
@MTVShowBlog: "Sex-filled room of sexness."-@jennycdelich #realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: Did we all notice that there's a man massaging @JayGMTV? #realworld @MTV
@RealWorldMTV: Yes, they were def were gonna show that on tv @JayGMTV
@JayGMTV: @itsarifitz @ThomasBuellMTV @MTVCoryWharton you guys set me up hahahahahaha @RealWorldMTV  #realworld
@ThomasBuellMTV: @JayGMTV @itsarifitz @MTVCoryWharton @RealWorldMTV hahaha
@itsarifitz: @MTVCoryWharton is all the way into this or nah? #RealWorld
@MTVCoryWharton: Half naked Women and Food Count me IN!!!!!
@MTVShowBlog: DId @itsarifitz put some love potion in that dinner?! #realworldexplosion
@JayGMTV: Im the #oddmanout
@missashc: Leave it up to @itsarifitz to get everyone horny
@RealWorldMTV: #RealWorld SEXplosion maybe?
@itsarifitz: those security cameras tho.... #realworld
@itsarifitz: those security cameras though ... #realworld #realworldexplosion
@cohuttaMTV: @itsarifitz ya. I wasn't 100% sure just how well made those were until I watched myself on them. #woops
@itsarifitz: .@cohuttaMTV awwkwwarddddd....
@cohuttaMTV: Everyone in the house is playing hide the tip and @JayGMTV is flexing in the confessional. Well played brother. #realworldexplosion @mtv
@JayGMTV: Unbelievable. Everyones gettin laid except poor lil me :( im stuck flexing in a confessional lmao #realworld @RealWorldMTV
@itsarifitz: why was i locked out? #ineedanswers #realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: "strictly friends" aka #alwaysfuckin'
@itsarifitz: #thatwastoomuch
@MTVCoryWharton: If your on the same page everything is Smooth!! Trust me #youngbutready
@haileychivers: Those darn front doors always locking everyone out #smh #realworld #realworldexplosion @mtv @RealWorldMTV
@RealWorldMTV: Whoa there.
@MTVShowBlog: "Friends with benefits"is as realistic as a unicorn. #realworldexplosion
@JennaCompono: @CallherJade look at my sexy mama
@CallherJade: “@JennaCompono: @CallherJade look at my sexy mama” ;)
@itsarifitz: ladies: "first of all, watch your tone" is the 1st step in false denial #RealWorld
@MTVShowBlog: It's gettin' Fatal Attraction up in hereeeeeee. #realworldexplosion
@JennaCompono: Hmm jay needs to remember he's with meee
@itsarifitz: hashtag cory's laugh
@JayGMTV: Im a flirt.
@JennaCompono: Yeah jay why get em?!
@DevynSimone: Just waiting for the exes to show up. Yes I'm watching..#RealWorldExplosion
@RealWorldMTV: What do you do with all those phone numbers @JayGMTV? #qtna
@itsarifitz: @JayGMTV i told you to watch this ...
@JayGMTV: @itsarifitz i know. I seee
@MTVCoryWharton: First off WATCH YA TONE!
@JennaCompono: Oh  I'm maddddd
@itsarifitz: uhoh
@JayGMTV: I try to be good and i still get in trouble @RealWorldMTV #realworld
@JennaCompono: CLICK
@JustJem24: Y'all these exes are crazy as fuckkkk.. Stop blowing up the house phone and stop checking the blogs
@RealWorldMTV: Well @JayGMTV... http://t.co/SdC41d1LEZ
@CallherJade: Who was that crazy bitch on the phone ?! πŸ™ˆ
@JamieChinaMTV: So what do y'all think so far?!?
@JennaCompono: I love jenny for this
@CallherJade: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
@RealWorldMTV: Safe to say that @jennycdelich is a master twerker. #realworld
@CallherJade: Ok I'm watching now.
@itsarifitz: but is @JennaCompono watching right now? it was all #salsa boo. #realworld #realworldsexplosion
@JennaCompono: @itsarifitz lmao no salsa! Lmao
@ThomasBuellMTV: Bro...this is a very good episode!! @mtv #realworldexplosion #realworld
@MTVShowBlog: Major Full House flashback on that trolley.  #DJTanner #realworldexplosion
@JustJem24: I get casted on real world then u wanna bring your thirsty ass to cash in on my shine? When we broke up? Y'all I would have be livid.
@MTVShowBlog: Everyone has an "ex on the phone" tone in their voice. #realworldexplosion
@JayGMTV: Thats the new line. "I was doing the salsa" #realworld @RealWorldMTV
@ThomasBuellMTV: Well shoot!!! They have me sweatin in some of those interviews haha #realworld
@JayGMTV: Uhoh. Sloane.  Its trouble time
@RealWorldMTV: Looks like these exes are already feeling some kinda way... #realworld
@JennaCompono: This breaks my heart I thought I was ur perfect girl :(
@itsarifitz: hashtag salsaaaaaaa!!!
@JennaCompono: OHH πŸ˜‘πŸ˜’πŸ˜”
@RealWorldMTV: #salsa #realworld
@itsarifitz: @jennycdelich's all "i see youuuuu" #realworld #realworldexplosion
@JustJem24: I would have walked into the house and  called everybody basic. Wait y'all dropped everything in your life to come creep πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
@JayGMTV: Jenny yellin at me for gettin a kiss yet i havent slept with anyone...
@MTVShowBlog: 🎢Jay kissed a girl and he....may regret it. 🎢#realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: this schemin' though ...
@JennaCompono: Is jay really sorry or is he sorry he got caught... Yeha
@RealWorldMTV: .@JayGMTV has all the luck when it comes to cameras
@itsarifitz: so why are you nervous.... okayyyyy
@itsarifitz: #imgood aka #imfuuuuuucked
@JennaCompono: Good bf?! And id appreciate it !?!
@MTVShowBlog: The producer's voice sounds eerily similar to Khloe Kardashian's. #realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: i really adore my roommates guys. #funtimes #realworld #realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: but fa real why is @ThomasBuellMTV always feeling on his nipples.... #realworldexplosion
@JayGMTV: Are you guys ready for the best prank on real world history @RealWorldMTV #realworld
@RealWorldMTV: I bet @ThomasBuellMTV can tell when it's raining... I think he has ESPN or something. #realworld
@RealWorldMTV: Oh @JamieChinaMTV you are the BEST GRUDGE EVER. #realworld
@CallherJade: Lol poor thing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
@itsarifitz: HILARIOUS!
@JayGMTV: Greatest prank in real world history #realworldexplosion #realworld @RealWorldMTV
@JayGMTV: Do all big guys scream like lil girls? @MTVCoryWharton
@RealWorldMTV: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ #realworld
@itsarifitz: tighty whities or nah? @MTVCoryWharton #realworld #realworldexplosion
@RWRRMTV: Best prank EVERRRRR!!! #RealWorld @JamieChinaMTV @ThomasBuellMTV @itsarifitz @MTVCoryWharton #RealWorldExPlosion
@MTVCoryWharton: FUCK the grudge Movies lmaoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I couldn't close my eyes for days #thanksroommates
@itsarifitz: bc this was a good idea -_-
@MTVShowBlog: Gmail: Adding Tension in Relationships Since 2004 #realworldexplosion
@itsarifitz: somebody who wasn't me who wasn't supposed to be was in your email ... #realworld #realworldexplosion
@RWRRMTV: Uh oh. Spoke too soon. @JamieChinaMTV @ThomasBuellMTV #RealWorldExPlosion
@CallherJade: Good boy tom.. Not replying and shit. Pat on the back.
@itsarifitz: hashtag go process
@RealWorldMTV: I'm STILL laughing. Best prank ever #realworld
@JayGMTV: Lets be clear. I have not taken a girl home or done anything involving a shower, confessional, or bed :) @RealWorldMTV #RealWorld
@itsarifitz: soooo much happening on this show! who's watching with me? #autoari
@itsarifitz: #dudestooooop
@jennycdelich: I lost my voice so I couldn't scream!!! #realworld #realworldexplosion @RealWorldMTV
@itsarifitz: but my shirt though ... #mtvalwaysgotmelookinwrong
@MTVShowBlog: Let's ask each other why we like each other. #goodplan #realworldexplosion
@JayGMTV: Best trip ever btw @MTVCoryWharton @ThomasBuellMTV
@ThomasBuellMTV: @JayGMTV @MTVCoryWharton yes Bro the stars haha!!!!
@RealWorldMTV: The calm before the storm... But it won't be Hurricane Ashley. #realworld
@RWRRMTV: Hahahahaha. They are going on a TRIP! #RealWorldExPlosion #BringOnTheEXES @bwillMTV @missashc @JennaCompono @CallherJade @haileychivers
@JustJem24: I would have already donated Ashley's stuff. If I don't like you then you're shit can't be in my presence....
@itsarifitz: "go ashley get ya new weave"
@MTVShowBlog: Bye 'Murcaaaaa #hurricaneashley #realworldexplosion
@RWRRMTV: There's @MTVASHLEYBROOKE!!! #RealWorld :)
@itsarifitz: "go ashley get ya new weave" things @kholi @culturedmembers @krysfree & i sing while watching
@BSwiftMTV: Discussions about cameras interviews, cell phones..being aired..Wtf this is new cause my ass got fined repeatedly lol #realworldEXplosion
@haileychivers: @jennycdelich girl I would have been pumped about that slide too!! #jealous #realworld @mtv @RealWorldMTV
@Knight_MTV: Just starting to watch the new rw explosions so sorry if I'm behind.
@DevynSimone: Come on Real World Explosion. You guys know what we want... And you're being a tease.. #BringOnTheEXES
@itsarifitz: #jussaying
@JustJem24: I actually really like this cast dynamic and it's all about to change...
@missashc: Uh oh...the beds have been added
@JayGMTV: Wait whats going on in our house right now though OG's @ThomasBuellMTV @MTVCoryWharton @JamieChinaMTV @jennycdelich @itsarifitz
@MTVShowBlog: Enjoy it while it lasts, kiddies! #realworldexplosion
@RWRRMTV: The EXES are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @bwillMTV @haileychivers @JennaCompono @CallherJade @missashc #RealWorldExPlosion http://t.co/hmMZ7zwB4I
@jennycdelich: Aweeeee @ThomasBuellMTV @JamieChinaMTV
@itsarifitz: i'm about to get real in love with my roomies.
@JayGMTV: Hottub. And i got yelled at for a kiss. Unbelievable
@missashc: 3....2....1....
@RealWorldMTV: OH SH*T THEY'RE HERE #realworld
@JennaCompono: HERE WE COME
@jennycdelich: Gotta grab the #beer for the #boattrip #RealWorld
@DevynSimone: FWB might go from "friends with benefits" to  being "friends with babies" if they don't chill out. #realworldexplosion
@MTVShowBlog: Lauren wastes no time... #realworldexplosion
@JayGMTV: Its explosion time!!!!!!!! #realworld @RealWorldMTV
@missashc: @CallherJade  I was just as confused as you boo lol
@RealWorldMTV: That awkward moment when... #realworld
@itsarifitz: oh heyyyy, Brian.
@missashc: "My lord have mercy" is right
@RealWorldMTV: #SneakyProducers #ButILikeIt
@JennaCompono: Here I am!!! The last "ex"
@MTVsChallenges: @haileychivers @JennaCompono @bwillMTV @CallherJade @missashc did you guys really think you'd be the only ex coming in? #RealWorldExplosion
@missashc: @MTVsChallenges @haileychivers @JennaCompono @bwillMTV @CallherJade yes we did! They didn't tell us anything
@itsarifitz: the ways the exes think they're all special though. lol. they didn't predict our responses well at all. #RealWorld #realworldexplosion
@RealWorldMTV: The first season everyone got along? LMAO. #realworld
@itsarifitz: "nothing but smooth sailing" or nah?
@missashc: @itsarifitz famous last words
@RWRRMTV: There's @JennaCompono!!! #RealWorldExPlosion
@JennaCompono: I had no ode SO CONFUSED RN
@JustJem24: She hasn't seen him in a year and decided to move in.. That's the most stalkerish shit I've ever heard....
@MTVShowBlog: The Hunger Games. #realworldexplosion
@dustinzito: @RealWorldMTV I Love this Season! But I think it's time for our Vegas Reunion!
@itsarifitz: was it a dramafest @missashc?
@missashc: @itsarifitz I think that was an understatement
@JustJem24: & the producers played these kids. They all thought they were special and got the call to be the new roommateπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
@JayGMTV: @JamieChinaMTV i have to say jamie called this exes shittttttt
@RealWorldMTV: So Ashley recorded a little vid before she walked into the house http://t.co/EfSCDa2rJC
@MTVCoryWharton: 8 YEARS of that sound Y'all πŸ”«πŸ”«πŸ”«πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
@ThomasBuellMTV: Uh oh!!! They have moved in...smh #realworldexplosion #RealWorld #exes
@haileychivers: AH SO WEIRD
@JustJem24: #teamjenny & #teamjamie
@itsarifitz: OK so, who's gonna hold me for the rest of this #realworld season.  #lifeisabouttogetcrazy
@JayGMTV: Omg the exes are in my kitchenn!!!!!! @RealWorldMTV
@JennaCompono: Uh oh where r the exes... HERE WE ARE!!!
@MTVCoryWharton: You've never seen me RUMBLE He will get his Ass whooped!!!! #youngbutready
@itsarifitz: "who are these people?" #RealWorld
@JustJem24: Jamie dated a real dude before this shit bc you see his ass didnt come....
@CallherJade: That's why Jordy my dawg.

@BunimMurray: AHHH! WHAT A CLIFFHANGER! Already can't wait for next week's episode!! @RealWorldMTV
@DevynSimone: Boooooo! 😏
@RealWorldMTV: gjioejrienrfiaej GIVE ME NEXT WEEK. #realworld
@haileychivers: Ok guys lets pick rooms @bwillMTV @CallherJade @missashc @JennaCompono #realworld #realworldexplosion @mtv @RealWorldMTV
@JayGMTV: Serious question. Answer than retweet. COULD YOU LOVE WIT YOUR EX IN OUR SITUATION? @RealWorldMTV #RealWorld
@JustJem24: Ok I have to get back to work stuff but @JayGMTV you're still my favorite boo.. Can't wait to drink your ass under the table very soon 😘🍻😏
@TheresaMTV: @DevynSimone Dr. D!!! They need some counseling.😡 #99problems #RealWorldExPlosion #AndSometimesIssac
@JayGMTV: Great i get to myself get tricked again!  Shit @RealWorldMTV #realworld #RealWorldEXplosion
@haileychivers: I like how Brian just decided to not participate in the hiding @bwillMTV @JennaCompono @CallherJade @missashc #realworld @RealWorldMTV
@CallherJade: My ex ain't shit.
@Knight_MTV: If my ex would have showed up on the show I'd been concerned for her safety. And these exs are whack get off their nuts. #rwexplosions
@JustJem24: @Knight_MTV she would have left after the first night.. Either by choice or force.. #byefelicia
@JamieChinaMTV: "You are gorgeous and I would do anything for you" @ThomasBuellMTV ❤️❤️❤️
@itsarifitz: i kinda want more tho...
@JayGMTV: If you think tonights episode of the real world was intense and u cant wait for next week RETWEET this right now!!!! @RealWorldMTV @JayGMTV
@haileychivers: If just one person can relate to me and learn from my time on the show... Then my life would be made
@Knight_MTV: That broad whose an ex I believe @MTVCoryWharton ex goes I can't believe they did this to us. Um no u decided to come #losers
@CallherJade: Let the voice comments begin.. πŸ’
@JayGMTV: Honestly. We had so much fun didnt we. OG's. We had a great time @MTVCoryWharton @ThomasBuellMTV @JamieChinaMTV  @itsarifitz @jennycdelich
@JayGMTV: Oh nooooo @RealWorldMTV here come the exes!!!!!  Wtf. Really #realworldexplosion #realworld
@haileychivers: Ok 1 hour until I'm 22!
@JamieChinaMTV: Y'all are amazing!! Thank you so much for the love and support ❤️❤️❤️❤️
@missashc: You all ready #westcoast ?? #RealWorldExpolsion
@itsarifitz: Love you #WestCoast but now I need a drink.
@missashc: @jennycdelich you have way too many one liners girl lol
@MTVRWNews: @CallherJade was going challenge on us with the exes alliance talk. She was ready! Haha #realworldexplosion
@JamieChinaMTV: Everyone knows I don't have a filter and call people out.... In time y'all, in time.
@JamieChinaMTV: Soooo if you're wondering were my ex issssss....
@JamieChinaMTV: Y'all are amazing, thank you for all the love and support!! ❤️❤️ goodnight


From The View of Are You The One?
- Heres how the cast of Are You The One? saw episode 2...we'll be taking the latest pulse of their show coming up later this weekend, and has already become my other guilty pleasure.
@IamAdamKuhn: Getting ready to watch @JamieChinaMTV @JayGMTV and @JennaCompono #realworldexplosion.
@ryanmalaty: Be sure to check out my girl @JennaCompono on tonight's #RealWorldExpolsion SHIT GETS REAL
@ryanmalaty: Buckle up! @JamieChinaMTV is about to EXPLODE 😝 #realworldexplosion
@AshleighMorgh: @itsarifitz @JamieChinaMTV @MTVCoryWharton @ThomasBuellMTV @JayGMTV support my real world fam! Their exes move in tonight on @MTV at 10/9c!
@AshleighMorgh: And an all new Real World Explosion tonight on MTV at 10! @itsarifitz @JamieChinaMTV @MTVCoryWharton @ThomasBuellMTV @JayGMTV @MTV
@amberlee091: Super stoked to watch @JamieChinaMTV @ThomasBuellMTV @jennycdelich @MTVCoryWharton @JayGMTV @itsarifitz on #realworldexplosion ! #mtv @MTV
@Jess_Daniellee: No sex on TV!! Lol @JamieChinaMTV
@illBeJacy: ok its about to go down! @jennycdelich  #realworldexplosion
@Jess_Daniellee: WTF is going on!?? Lol @MTVCoryWharton @JamieChinaMTV #eroticdinner
@Jess_Daniellee: The ex's are here!! 😱 #realworldexplosion
@AshleighMorgh: The exes are there....
@IamAdamKuhn: Exs are about to arrive! I'm pretty pumped @missashc @JayGMTV @JamieChinaMTV @ThomasBuellMTV @JennaCompono #realworldexplosion
@AshleighMorgh: This is crazy.. Haha oh @MTV never cease to amaze.
@EDiamond007: Nice to see you you all made it out of that house alive @RWExplosion @MTVCoryWharton @jennycdelich @JennaCompono @itsarifitz @mtv
@AshleighMorgh: Now I'm looking forward to next week's real world..
@IamJoeyDillon: I will say this. My peoples on the @RealWorldMTV #explosion #realworldexplosion is getting pretty interesting. Stay tuned. @MTV
@brittany_baldi: I feel like I have known them forever @RealWorldMTV speaking about their castmates. I know that feeling  #AreYouTheOne #realworldexplosion
@EDiamond007: #realworldexplosion #RealWorld we could have used a few of hear erotic dances #whydidntwethinkofthat #areyoutheone
@illBeJacy: I need an erotic dinner in my life! #realworldexplosion
@ryanmalaty: Great show ladies! @JamieChinaMTV @JennaCompono @jennycdelich @itsarifitz
- @JennaCompono: @ryanmalaty thanks love 😘
@IamJoeyDillon: I just have to say that our show #AreYouTheOne #AYTO @AREUTHE1 and the new #realworldexplosion #mtv @MTV @RealWorldMTV shows are #dope
@kklusby: Lovin my MTV family! Shout out to @JayGMTV .. Even if you didn't get to film on a gorgeous island.Like me.😏#realworldexplosion #AreYouTheOne

As The Fans Saw It
@busdriversroute: Pre-explosion exes power rankings on anticipation of entertainment: 1. Hailey, 2. Brian, 3. Jenna, 4. Lauren, 5. Ashley. Agree? Disagree?
@AustinTamesis: Just remembered that someone is gonna get prego on #TRW I'm guessing its a ex. Maybe Jenna or Jade
@busdriversroute: Be sure to hear my discussion with @JayGMTV before the new episode of @RWExplosion tonight! http://t.co/ZE1sChYHkD
@AceNichols33: Hey @BunimMurray honestly I was skeptical about this #RealWorld season,but I'm loving it! Will u share my last recap? http://t.co/Jrh256d2DC
@busdriversroute: When are the exes coming into the house? I haven't heard anything about it #RealWorldExplosion
@GoldenGreggy: 90 minutes till the exes come! @jennycdelich @MTVCoryWharton @itsarifitz @JayGMTV #realworldexplosion
@CSUAKirk: before the episode  tonight  of #realworldexplosion  guys please go http://t.co/u1EL2lUX1q and help out a great cause http://t.co/oYVJxIzQ4Z
@Money_Showers: Look at yall getting more than 10k followers! haha @JamieChinaMTV @ThomasBuellMTV @jennycdelich @JayGMTV @itsarifitz #RealWorld
@zachh24_: tonight the exes come. it better not happen right @ the end of the ep &make us wait until nxt wk 2 actually see anything #RealWorldExPlosion
@BigTymers228: Shout Out To Jenna @jennacompono On Her 1st Appearance On The Real World Explosion Tonight I Can't Wait To Watch You Tonight On The Real World Explosion Tonight Jenna Good Luck Tonight. Much Love & God Bless #JennaCompono #MTV #RWE #RealWorldExplosion #AllNatural #FitnessMotivation http://t.co/sc4TsmRuz4
@CSUAKirk: idk who my #realworldexplosion  recap picture should be it has to be one of the exes idk  which one though
@nld9620: Tonight is the night we have all been waiting for the ex's come into the house #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: I am patiently waiting for ten to come #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: @JUDDNATION How did you become a fan of #RealWorld and what do you think of the twist?
@JUDDNATION: @nld9620 I've watched since I was a kid. And the challenges.
@nld9620: @JUDDNATION I've watched on and off. I miss the days of Road Rules and Real World. The challenges are awesome though!
@therealjordanh: #REALWORLDEXPLOSION!!!! Finally!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁
@NotoriousAJM: Turn to MTV for #RWExplosion & i see Miley Stage fucking Madonna😳
@busdriversroute: As the time passes, @MTVASHLEYBROOKE line about buying and selling families gets more hysterical. I can see that as a reality show on A&E
@GoldenGreggy: Jenny and Cory are a fine couple (: #realworldexplosion
@busdriversroute: I'm sorry but I'm going to be half paying attention until the exes come. That's the price you pay MTV
@busdriversroute: Ok um, never mind about the whole not paying attention thing. Is this MTV or HBO late night? #RealWorldExplosion
@JanelMcG: It's official @BunimMurray, every season needs an Arielle from now on... #realworldexplosion #Awesomesauce
@therealjordanh: WHAT KIND OF RESTAURANT IS THIS I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE 😳😳😳 #realworldexplosion #rwex
@NotoriousAJM: Let me go to dinner with @itsarifitz & @missashc!!!! lol
@therealjordanh: Lmao!! "We still know what is going on!" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ swear I love that kid @JayGMTV
@kendallongg: That dinner really got everyone off 😏 @JamieChinaMTV @jennycdelich @itsarifitz
@GoldenGreggy: Awww @JayGMTV was the only one that didn't get it in): he still has his muscles lol #realworldexplosion
@busdriversroute: One of the great mysteries of our time is how has an MTV cameraman not gone rouge and released hours of sex tapes? Could you imagine...
@brianteng2014: what a episode of the real world exes so far folks
@GoldenGreggy: Lauren is soooo cute but that crazy cute ain't my thing lol #realworldexplosion
@therealjordanh: Lauren is so annoying. @MTVCoryWharton @jennycdelich #realworldexplosion #rwex
@GoldenGreggy: Bang em out? Lol okay that's disturbing #realworldexplosion
@kendallongg: Lmfaoo she's keepin a tab on Jay 😩
@NotoriousAJM: “@itsarifitz: uhoh” shit is about to get real😳
@busdriversroute: Seriously where do I apply to be the confessional producer question person? Hook me up with an application. @KennySantucci I know you got it
@CardellChris: Pairing up with your exes in a house I smell drama #realworldexplosion
@_danielleex0x3: Hope the episode of RealWorldExPlosion is good tonight! Sad Iam missing it @JennaCompono @JayGMTV @JamieChinaMTV @ThomasBuellMTV
@GoldenGreggy: I wish I had DVR so I could've took a pic of that lol @MTVCoryWharton @jennycdelich #realworldexplosion
@GoldenGreggy: Why are all the exes calling? #realworldexplosion
@AustinTamesis: Well now I have all of the real world following me except for cory...
@busdriversroute: So @JayGMTV kissed a girl...did he like it? @jennycdelich
@kendallongg: Can't outsmart them damn cameramen.
@busdriversroute: Normally Real World pranks suck, but I'll hand it them...well done @JamieChinaMTV
@GoldenGreggy: Lol that first grade girl scream doe #realworldexplosion
@kendallongg: SHAWTY IS PISSSSSSSED @JamieChinaMTV
@busdriversroute: #EMailGate? Didn't we have this last year? What's next...is Jamie going to step in someone's crap? HIDE THE BLOW DRYERS!
@GoldenGreggy: I knew the exes would get there at the end of the episode #realworldexplosion
@GoldenGreggy: Awww them producers fucked up, exes after the nice vacation lol #realworldexplosion
@AustinTamesis: Hi Ash, bye Ash
@GoldenGreggy: Ashley girl bye #realworldexplosion
@brianteng2014: lol lol the crazy mania begins on @RealWorldMTV
@busdriversroute: Apparently @jennycdelich is a little like Marshall from HIMYM singing about whatever she's doing
@kendallongg: New roommate will be there alright @itsarifitz @JamieChinaMTV @jennycdelich @JayGMTV
@kendallongg: Producers got buck wild with the ex shit πŸ˜‚πŸ™ŒπŸ‘
@kendallongg: AHHHHSHIT ITS TIME @MTV
@AustinTamesis: OMG. ITS TIMEEEE. Then the commercial comes on...
@therealjordanh: 10 bucks says @MTVCoryWharton & @jennycdelich had sex in that hot tub. #realworldexplosion #rwex
@therealjordanh: WHY IS MTV WAITING TIL THE END TO SHOW THE EXES I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WHY #realworldexplosion #rwex
@kmacisco: Why does this girl Lauren talk like a baby
@kendallongg: Thomas made a HUGE upgrade @JamieChinaMTV πŸ‘πŸ‘
@AustinTamesis: Is there gonna be a new roommate, how about 5
@busdriversroute: The producers must have LOVED that quote @itsarifitz. Like I've said all along, you're the perfect narrator for this.
@Justin_Rhines: THE EXES ARE FINALLY HERE!!!! WTF! #RealWorldExPlosion
@GoldenGreggy: All the exes look really REALLY good ;) #realworldexplosion
@GoldenGreggy: All 11 of the cast mates are hot! #realworldexplosion
@busdriversroute: If the exes were brought into the house Royal Rumble style that would've been a top 10 TV moment. Missed opportunity @MTV @BunimMurray
@_danielleex0x3: Turned on to see the exes in the screen in #realworldexplosion  @JennaCompono @haileychivers @CallherJade @missashc &brian
@GoldenGreggy: I knew this would happen at the end! #realworldexplosion
@GoldenGreggy: #realworldexplosion got me hype, lemme collect myself for the next week
@AustinTamesis: I hate how episodes end like that:( #TheRealWorld
@GoldenGreggy: Taylor swift on this season @MTVCoryWharton @jennycdelich @itsarifitz @JayGMTV y'all would've got 17 more roommates #realworldexplosion lol
@nld9620: About an hour before #RealWorld #RealworldExplosion
@nld9620: If anyone is in the East Bay this weekend @JamieChinaMTV will be there! Yes I am going to go #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: 15 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!! #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: Guess what time it is??? #realworldexplosion time :D
@AceNichols33: About to finally eat dinner and watch the #RealWorld! Note taking time.... Recap tomorrow!
@nld9620: OMG LMAO
@nld9620: Just got a bit teary eyed again hearing about @JayGMTV's mom #sad #RIP #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: Obviously we aren't stupid LOL #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: Wow Lauren Wow  #RealWorld
@nld9620: Oh man that was funny! #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: Seriously @ThomasBuellMTV and @JamieChinaMTV are the cutest couple on #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: HERE COMES THE EX's #realworldexplosion
@CSUAKirk: They  are here #realworldexplosion
@AceNichols33: LOLs @JayGMTV - you're always cracking me up man. Currently watching the #RealWorld aannnddd #LaughingOutLoud #LOLforShort
- @JayGMTV: @AceNichols33 haha luv u ace. Just dont go talkin craY about me in ur recap! Haha
- @AceNichols33: HA! <3 u 2! ur my fav..shh..don't tell anyone! LOLs now I know what you're talking about. #YousInTrouble!!! =)
@nld9620: And @JennaCompono walks in the house #realworldexplosion
- @JennaCompono: @nld9620 :) yes !
@nld9620: I will give the ex's a chance but as of right now I am still #TeamOG #RealWorld #realworldexplosion
@nld9620: That awkward moment when the Ex's walk in #realworldexplosion
@AceNichols33: I'M NOT GONNA BE YOUR BINKY TO SUCK ON WHENEVER YOU NEED ME!!! #JustSaying #RealWorld
- @CSUAKirk: @AceNichols33  yea for sure an interesting one liner
@JUDDNATION: The prank on #RealWorldExPlosion was awesome! @JamieChinaMTV @jennycdelich @JayGMTV
@nld9620: @JUDDNATION @JamieChinaMTV @jennycdelich @JayGMTV it was hilarious
@AceNichols33: Of course they end the episode right when the exes move in. Why wouldn't they?! #RealWorld
@AceNichols33: Gonna go out on a limb and say @JennaCompono and @missashc are gonna be my favorite exes. I'm calling it. #RealWorld

And As I Saw It
@dc408dxtr: Been writing & watching some live golf w/ Tiger & Rory in 1st round in Dubai. But now, it's #RealWorldEXplosion. Let's head to the city...
@dc408dxtr: .@ThomasBuellMTV @JamieChinaMTV are having fun in bed, @itsarifitz & @missashc by the tub, & @jennycdelich @MTVCoryWharton talking in foyer.
@dc408dxtr: Getting our first chance to hear @missashc while @JayGMTV is talking to @JennaCompono about him cheating. House don't know what's coming up.
@dc408dxtr: Now @itsarifitz is planning a dinner night out, and it's an exotic dinner at the restaurant. Very intriguing to say the least. #RealWorld
@dc408dxtr: .@jennycdelich: "it's like a sex-filled room full of sex-ness." This is one very interesting, yes. Hadnt seen that ever. #RealWorldEXplosion
@dc408dxtr: Now everyone in the house is getting it on except Jay: Jenny & Cory in shower, Tom & Jamie and Ari & Ashley C in bed. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: Friends with benefits, seen this before. Now @jennycdelich answers phone, & @CallherJade is talking to @MTVCoryWharton. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: Now @JayGMTV is at the club getting random phone numbers from girls, how @JennaCompono gonna react? She's not buying it. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: .@jennycdelich: the twerking Queen of the #realworldexplosion house as she does it w/ @MTVCoryWharton. Now on the cable car to Chinatown.
@dc408dxtr: As @ThomasBuellMTV @JamieChinaMTV are in Chinatown, @bwillMTV calls up @jennycdelich about @MTVCoryWharton. This is awkward. #realworld
@dc408dxtr: Camera talk, camera spotting. There's so much more of this & more producer talk than ever before here on #RealWorldEXplosion.
@dc408dxtr: Now we've got this season's funniest moment about to take shape here. So, time for some laughs. And scary movie. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: Now Jenny discovers an email from Tom when he forgot to log out about him meeting someone else, & she Jamie know. This is gonna be awkward.
@dc408dxtr: Lets* on that last tweet. And then the first bump in the road for @ThomasBuellMTV @JamieChinaMTV in the city... #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: And the bat phone lets the roomies know about a weekend retreat outside the house to Shasta Lake. And we see @MTVASHLEYBROOKE! We miss you!
@dc408dxtr: And we get our last look at @MTVASHLEYBROOKE, unless something unusual happens. Hope your enjoying it in Paris, hope to see you again.
@dc408dxtr: As they are all having fun in the sun, @JamieChinaMTV has a feeling something interesting might be happening back home. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: And producers are doing exactly that: they have put in extra beds in the rooms. Which means the exes are arriving soon. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: And here they are...arriving at the house: @CallherJade @bwillMTV @haileychivers @JennaCompono @missashc. Game changer. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: While they are getting along well, the cast knows they're getting a new roommate, but they don't know it's more than 1. #realworldexplosion
@dc408dxtr: And after their weekend retreat up north, the roommates come home and... The reaction of their lives. The Exes have arrived. #RealWorld
@dc408dxtr: We get the worst possible ending: a cliffhanger. But we have the twist everyone has been waiting for since back my bday. #realworldexplosion



THE WRAP...and Perspective
Now to the episode wrap. Last week, it was emotion packed with Jay having his worst day ever, the cast having had it with Ashley and Cory & Jenny reaching a crossroads. In this episode, though a tidy bit less dramatic but more romance focused than last week, we saw the relationship between the Texans in the house hit their first snag, the latest instance of cameras catching roommates in the act, and a 2-day retreat up north to Redding all ahead, of course, of what we saw at the end of this episode. And we can't forget about the latest instance of them having fun. In a harbinger of what we will ultimately see here, we saw/heard from the exes: in addition to Ashley C., Jay talked via phone with Jenna about him possibly cheating on her while he has been in San Francisco. Of course, they had no idea of the play from left field they were about to encounter, just less than four days from that.
   We also saw a rather familiar scenario as what we saw two years ago on Hassel Island: most of the cast being paired up. We saw Tom and Jamie together in bed a little after becoming a couple; Arielle and her ex Ashley C. hanging out by the hot tub; and Jenny & Cory talking in the foyer after the events of last week.
   In another one of those RW WTH moments for myselfArielle planned a dinner night out for the roommates. But also recognizing the sexual tension brewing in the house, this dinner wasn't to a fancy expensive restaurant, but rather a trip to a special kind of restaurant: an exotic dinner to be exact. The roommates enjoying their meal while being in the company of some rather attractive waiters, all designed to get the juice flowing among the group. And the strategy works: Jamie & Tom spending time together at the table: Cory & Jenny and Arielle & Ashley getting along, while Jay gets a massage from a guy. And we heard Jamie say she wouldn't have sex while being filmed, so for now, Tom isn't going there to Poundtown. Yep, it's one of those "Only in San Francisco" kind of things.
   And afterwards, that voyeuristic side of me came alive watching everyone in the house - except for Jay - get some business done: Tom & Jamie in bed, Jenny & Cory making out in the shower (again), and Arielle & Ashley C. getting it on in her bed. Speaking of being caught on candid camera, the integration of smartphones into this Real World season also causes a tiff in the only one who didn't get it on that night. Jay's ex Jenna apparently sees pics of him dancing with other girls in San Francisco, but insists it's only innocent dancing. That is until Jenny spots him kissing another girl at a club, for which he then claims the cameras weren't recording him. But, it's The Real World after all, and what they capture it's there for prosperity and for everyone to consume. When she flies into the Bay Area, he's gonna be in for an explanation session with her.
   Meanwhile, for the Texan couple, we saw them hit their first snag in their relationship. When Jenny gets onto the comp to check her email as Tom signs out, she catches him the last few lines of his email to his ex Hailey. In that email, Hailey tells Tom she misses him and can't stop thinking about him. Jenny lets Jamie know about it, and Jamie becomes frustrated with him because she thinks he should be addressing this issue and telling Hailey that he has a girlfriend. But Tom insists he has no control over Hailey's thoughts, and would want to maintain at least a civil relationship with his exes.
   The funniest moment of this season so far took place in this episode. Jamie realizes that one of Cory's favorite movies is The Grudge. And the roomies decide that Jamie should dress up as one of the characters from the movie and dress her up in a wig, a gown and some fake blood. They all go to his room and when he is asleep, they sneak in. And when Tom is groaning bedside, Jenny shrieks and Jamie is on the other side standing in front of him, Cory wakes up and screamed like a little girl while everyone burst in laughter. While Jay calls it "the greatest prank in Real World history," there's probably a few others who might beg to differ...we'll explain that after this following last paragraph.

And finally, there's the table being set for the biggest twist we have ever seen on The Real World, and probably the most-shocking moment we've seen since Dustin's past was uncovered in Las Vegas. The group gets to go on a 2-day retreat up north to Redding (birthplace of O-Town member & Making the Band alum Ashley Parker Angel) and spend the day & night aboard a houseboat. And knowing that have just gotten rid of Ashley, they all get along much better. While they are having fun in the sun and riding the Jet Skis on Lake Shasta, the roommates can only wonder if they'll be getting a new roommate to replace the West Virginian. Meanwhile, Ashley got to return to the house to pick her belongings that she never got once the rest of her housemates voted her out. And it was afterwards that production started to prepare to welcome not one, but five roommates to move in, by altering a couple rooms to add additional beds to the respective rooms.
   And then, Ashley C. and Jenna - who we've seen in these last two episodes - came in with luggage alongside along with Hailey, Cory's ex Lauren and Jenny's ex Brian, who all moved into the house knowing they are about to turn tradition upside in moving in to live with the original strangers. By then, they were on their way back down from the North Country having no idea that they are about to be in for the surprise of their lives, not knowing that they would have not just one new roommate to live with, but several more. And it was at the very end of the episode that when they all came into the door and saw Brian standing there and the four ladies popped up from behind the kitchen counter. And it was Jenny who had the biggest jaw dropping reaction of the group when they walked in. Boom. Cliffhanger.


As we daffle in that latest thing that folks don't really like, here's something to lighten you up: more Real World perspective linking a moment from Ex-Plosion with moments from seasons past, but unlike last week it's a bit more lighthearted. With the prank we saw with Jamie scaring Cory, this brings to mind some other famous pranks & other moments that have made us laugh from yesteryear...
- On the very first season in New York, long before there was Daisy in Portland, we saw Heather B. deal with one of the roommates' dogs as they walked late at night. And being relatively unskilled in handling a dog leash, Heather tripped and fell on the street. And the very first RW blooper was born.
- In Chicago, for the cast trip, the roommates flew to New England (!) where they stayed for a weekend in a haunted house & dressed up with 1800's costumes & even scared one of the roommates as they were sleeping.
- On the first San Diego season as the roommates dressed up for Halloween, Randy & Brad dressed up as video game characters Mario & Luigi. My young brother has always loved the Mario Brothers.
- In Sydney, party boy Isaac did the very thing those who put in the house fish tank feared he might do: strip off all his clothes and skinny-dip inside the fish tank, which was large enough to hold him inside, and, to quote one of the roommates, "swim with the fishes."
- In Cancun when CJ & Jonna were cuddling on the hammock on the Suite ME balcony, she asks Bronne to dress up as "Jonna" (wig & hairspray), cover him up with a blanket and cuddled up with CJ. When Bronne got into bed & CJ smelled that hairspray, it immediately wakes up the fella who's been everywhere as of late and the roommates do nothing but crack up.
- In St. Thomas, a double dose: with nothing to do being on an island, Trey & Robb decided to turn to their alter egos for house entertainment. For Gentle Giant Ginger, he became superhero "Captain Red Bush", while the Baltimore guy dressed up in drag & became "Big Shirley". And it set up the inevitable: a fun sword battle in the living room. What happened there, I laughed my butt off.
- And then on the STT finale, after he was the victim of being stung by jellyfish early on after they put stingrays in his bathroom, Swift decided to get back at Latoya & her BFF Marie by going all over the island to look for wild chickens. His quest saw him place several of them in boxes and then putting it in the girls room. It took a little bit of time, but Swift got his revenge on T and 'Ri.

But nothing could possibly compare to what happened in Brooklyn, where there were pranks aplentyFirst, there was Ryan setting off an alarm to confuse the roommates, then there was the question about who put a condom on a banana. Later, Ryan tied everyone else's shoes then gets mad at JD for putting shaving cream while he's sleeping when he gets back at him. But they were minor occurances compared with what happened in episode 7, where the cast found there were mice that somehow made their way into Red Hook, and Ryan, Chet and JD decided to prank Sarah and Devyn using a live rat they bought at a pet store and go after Dev. When the guys execute their plan of putting a mouse in her room while she's asleep, Dev wakes up Scott to get the furry friend out while the guys hide their laughter. Not content with Dev's reaction, the next day Ryan put the mice in Sarah's bed, and while at first not noticing it, Sarah runs out of her room screaming and refusing to sleep in her own bed. And when they realized that the mice that scared them were white instead of black - like those who had lived downstairs in the gym, the girls realized that they were victims of a classic prank.

And those are just a few of those moments that have made us laugh. Last week, we talked about when The Real World is at its best when it captures roommates going through life-changing moments such as what Jay went through when his mom died. And as a show that preceded Jersey Shore, Jack@$$ and other reality television, the show has always made sure to have some fun and provide some comic relief to the drama that takes place in the house.
   And considering everything that's been going on, the cast of RW Ex-plosion pretty much needed that and time to bond in the North Country, because what happens in this very next episode will be unlike anything any other cast in Real World history will have gone through. Now that they have seen Brian standing in the kitchen and the girls peeping up from behind, this represents a game-changer. How will Tom and Jamie's relationship be affected now that the girl Tom emailed to, Hailey, has moved in with them? How will Cory and Jenny handle sleeping in the same room with each other's exes? Will Jay's escapades in the city handle his relationship with Jenna? And we can't forget about Ashley C. too. The answers to these questions and more will be on hand once we get through this weekend and right up to Hump Fay.. And all I can say is, just like last week, stock up on the popcorn, gonna get very scandalicious.

So, after that talk about fun in the house, I'm really anticipating that episode where it will get very interesting to say the least. DC Blog will be on top of that as this season is about to get even more crazier than ever as the exes and the original seven are about to take occupancy. And through four episodes, I am enjoying this season as much as I got to enjoy the last one, and from viewing the teaser for next week, it's gonna be pure madness. To bridge the gap between now and then, be sure to check out my friends' webcasts with the cast as they talk about this season so far:
- On Friday, Daniel "Shady" Sykes got to talk to Ashley from Paris about her experience in San Francisco, from moving into the house to "Hurricane Ashley" and her leaving the house. Check it out at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/shadysykes, along with his chats with Jay and Jenny.
Andrew Kirk (@CSUAKirk) has talked on SpreeCast with Jenny, Jay and Thomas, check out those chats with them and others at http://www.spreecast.com/users/andrew--118, and this weekend will preview Super Bowl XLVIII on www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TalkingChallengeAndrewKirk.
- Brian Cohen (@BusDriversRoute) has no podcast planned this week, but he has spoken to Ashley, Jamie and Jay, and they've talked about everything that transpired in the first three episodes. Visit www.BusDriversRoute.com for those interviews, plus Super Bowl coverage.
- And check out Reality Radio (@RealityRadioPod) for their recent chat to Jamie earlier this week. Check it out at talkinrealitytv.blogspot.com, along with interviews with Jenna, Jay and Cory.

Don't forget, DCBLOG will offer more than just episode recaps and these SocialPulse diaries, bookmark this site for devoted, historical angles on Real World & Challenges, along with fan input from behind the scenes at the After Shows, and also covering my other favorite show right now, Are You The One?. Be sure to follow me @DC408dxtr as I tweet Real World alerts to these interviews along with other interviews, articles and the like featuring the cast of these shows.
   And hours after next week's RW episode airs, the competition at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games will commence, as Shaun White & Hannah Kearney begin their Olympic campaigns a day before the Opening Ceremony, while team figure skating makes its debut. And beginning before the flame is lit, DCBLOG will feature extensive DC Games 2014 coverage throughout the fortnight as the latest edition of the world's greatest sporting festival takes shape from Russia.
   For now, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed both this post and episode 4 of Real World: Ex-Plosion. And until we blog again, stay warm and have fun. And hope you enjoy the Super Bowl.

- DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).