Sunday, February 16, 2014

Real World Memories: The Trailers As I Saw It

By DC Cueva
@DC408dxtr

Through five episodes, it's almost hard to believe we're almost at the halfway point through Real World Ex-Plosion. So many things have happened from Hurricane Ashley and Jay's emotional moment, to the romances of Jamie & Tom and Jenny & Cory, and, of course, the exes moving in, time has flown by very fast since the premiere on early January. And there's plenty more to come. But for a moment, let's take a trip down twitter memory lane and look back at the beginning.

Since I've joined twitter on the night of Real World St. Thomas premiering, social media has allowed me to be more engaged in the one show & TV franchise I'm more passionate about. And it has turned the people who I've watched on these shows into almost exactly many of those who I talk to on Facebook: my good virtual friends. And I've also had my share of moments on here relating to this show: talking to the cast, live tweeting episodes, talking to fans.

But the buzz for every season of The Real World, The Challenge, and every other MTV show for that matter, begins for real when the trailer is released as early as a month before the show or season premieres on the tube. For those we've seen before on a previous MTV show, this has become old hat for them to see themselves on TV once again. But for those who are about to make their MTV debut, it's the very moment that they are about to become TV stars, and about to become known more than just to family and friends. There's nothing like the feeling of seeing yourself on television, about to expose what you have and your emotions with the rest of the world.

While I was in the beginning stages of tweeting during the first few months in the summer of 2012, it was during that time of Real World St. Thomas taking place and my first Challenge, BOTSeasons, where I started taking the MTV/BMP franchise for granted in the social world. And that included a ton of live tweeting of episodes, especially the latter, both when I got to watch the episodes live for the first time with the cast, and the infamous late night live PBP when I watch them again online (yep, filling up everyone's timeline). Since then out of respect for my followers, I've started to limit my tweeting to just the show day and airing, and now to just RT'ing important tweets during the show's PT airing and compiling a timeline for my SocialPulse posts. 

But I always reserve the first live tweet session for a season for when I watch the trailer for the first time. Since I didn't get to live tweet the BOTS trailer as I was in my twitter infancy back then, I was well established in live tweeting by the time the Portland season came calling. And ever since it has become my tradition to live tweet the trailer for a Real World or Challenge when I watch it for the very first time. And in all instances for a guy who loves hoops as much as these shows, I've saved watching the trailer for Real World Portland & Ex-Plosion, and The Challenge: Rivals II until I wrapped up watching an NBA game. For Portland, I waited until after the All-Star Game to watch the trailer; for Rivals II, I saw it after Game 2 of the NBA Finals; and for Ex-Plosion, in between watching a Heat and Warriors doubleheader the day it premiered.

Here now is my commentary on those three trailers, and to mark one year since it dropped, albeit being leaked, on February 16th of last year, we start with Real World Portland.


Real World Portland
- @dc408dxtr: @JohnnyReilly_: "we don't know what's in store for us. But we're definitely gonna find out." Spoken w/ Boston accent, another New Englander.
- @dc408dxtr: Averey: "I came to Portland to escape from my normal life." This just as she checks out the house, w/ same elevator door as in Chicago.
- @dc408dxtr: @JordanWiseley: "I'm super pumped to be here. I've got some stuff to prove." #RealWorld RWPDX
- @dc408dxtr: Girl: "On the outside, we look like seven beautiful, confident individuals. But everyone has a story." That's the essence of the #RealWorld. (Probably Anastasia)
- @dc408dxtr: Now a montage of the cast having fun, from wake boarding & snowboarding to having fun in the house & even going to a bar naked.
- @dc408dxtr: Now, one cast member tells the roommates that there's a Playboy picture on her. This'll get more viewers in than in last few seasons.
- @dc408dxtr: And @JohnnyReilly_ @JordanWiseley @JDeezy88 are really excited about someone who posed for playboy being part of the cast.
- @dc408dxtr: @JohnnyReilly_: "my mom asked me, 'you'd better not enter that house & be a slut.' I was like, 'IDK, maybe I'll find a girl for them."
- @dc408dxtr: Averey: "I brought Daisy bc I know family, where I am from, I don't trust boys. I've gotten burned & IDK if I'll get burned another time."
- @dc408dxtr: Averey: "it's all if I'm gonna fall in love in 3 months." This as we get to see one of those #realworld staples: the hot tub.
- @dc408dxtr: Averey: "My grandma is gonna be so mad." This as she sits in the confessional after she hooks up with Johnny. Another #RealWorld romance...
- @dc408dxtr: @QueenBirdness: "we're all like a band of misfits because we've all had these, like, really strange events occur." #RealWorld RWPDX
- @dc408dxtr: @JDeezy88 to @jflawless442: "the biggest thing I'm afraid of in my life is disappointing my father & my family." #RealWorld Trailer
- @dc408dxtr: @QueenBirdness: "to hear something absolutely shocking, my jaw just dropped." It's not just Anastasia, @JordanWiseley is also startled.
- @dc408dxtr: @JohnnyReilly_: "definitely one of my biggest fears. Everything on the table, no lies, all truth." #RealWorld RWPDX Trailer
- @dc408dxtr: Averey: "do U trust someone w/ your full heart, or do U hope that by holding back, you U ruin the wonderful things that could have come?"
- @dc408dxtr: @JordanWiseley: "I don't like who I am."
@QueenBirdness: "it's amazing to me that some1 who's so happy actually has some big issues inside."
> re: @QueenBirdness: @dc408dxtr @jordanwiseley I like who Jordan is! I think you will too!
- @dc408dxtr: Girl: "Jordan & Nia are like a bomb ready to explode." And then, the conflict we come to love from #RealWorld is reaching a boiling point.
- @dc408dxtr: Oh my god, did @TheRealNiaMoore just slap @JordanWiseley in the face? We didn't this much conflict on #realworld in a long time...
- @dc408dxtr: @TheRealNiaMoore: "every situation I have been through in my life, I have always been Hurricane Nia." Oh, Nia is gonna bring some drama!
- @dc408dxtr: @JDeezy88: "it's getting real serious."
Girl: "things are changing around here."
Let the countdown to #RealWorldPortland begin... 3/27/2013
- @dc408dxtr: I guess after seeing this #RealWorld PDX trailer and tweeting you this PBP, it's safe to say we're not in the Virgin Islands anymore.
- @dc408dxtr: And I can also see why they had more time to edit #RealWorldPortland than in the past couple seasons. There's much more drama & conflict.
- @dc408dxtr: Good thing the awesome people in The Heights are providing me this nice dose of fresh air before I head over to the drama in Portland.
- @dc408dxtr: As I learned from watching Calliou with my kids, "good things happen to those who wait." We're definitely gonna get that. Can't wait. RWPDX


The Challenge Rivals 2
- @dc408dxtr: I've waited all weekend for this & now it's here... Time for 1st edition of #TheChallenge #Rivals2: As DC Sees It, starting w/ the trailer.
- @dc408dxtr: .@tjlavin: "now I want you guys to picture a very large sum of money, money so big it could change your life forever" #TheChallenge #Rivals2
- @dc408dxtr: .@TjLavin: "the only way to get that money...is by putting all your trust in one person. And what if that your person was your worst enemy?"
- @dc408dxtr: This as we see the Thailand coast, @EmFitMTV, @TyrieBMTV, @RobbMTV, @JordanWiseley, @JDeezyMTV, @jonnamtv, @NanyMTV & @paulawalnutsMTV.
- @dc408dxtr: Now, we're seeing flashbacks to moments involving those on #TheChallenge #Rivals2 & the rivalries that brought our competitors to Thailand.
- @dc408dxtr: From this 1st batch, we're gonna see missions & eliminations fans have seen before on previous Challenges, & as always they're gonna be big.
- @dc408dxtr: .@ZachMTV: "I hate this kid. I hate the ground he walks on." is Z talking about his partner or anyone else on this? #TheChallenge #Rivals2
- @dc408dxtr: .@RoyLee25mtv (I think it's him): "what do you like more - money or some BS?" may see this guy in Vegas just after #Rivals2 debuts...
- @dc408dxtr: Text on screen: "trust no one but your worst enemy". It was the case for @CSUAKirk's (favorite) #TheChallenge season & it's gonna be the case again...
- @dc408dxtr: As I rewind to start, I see @CamilaMTV @EmFitMTV @DiemBrownMTV @DunbarMerrill @RoyLee25mtv @Ty_Ruff_MTV & @TyrieBMTV @SarahRiceMTV @jonnamtv
- @dc408dxtr: And also @JDeezyMTV @JordanWiseley. If what happened last year's any indication, it proved rookies can be a factor, and they could do well.
- @dc408dxtr: And from these scenes, plus w/ the RWPDX fight still fresh, it does look like we're gonna be for conflict aplenty on #TheChallenge #Rivals2.
- @dc408dxtr: .@QueenBirdness: "must be like some of these people here, I just feel like absolutely pure evil." well, we'll see more of Bird after Wed.
- @dc408dxtr: .@EmFitMTV: "this game is so nasty." but I think Emily can handle it, it's her 3rd #TheChallenge & shes already a strong competitor on this.
- @dc408dxtr: .@mtvfranksweeney: "people are looking for love wherever they can get it, especially if they can get them a vote." w/ hookups & flirtations.
- @dc408dxtr: .@MTVBananas: "all is fair in love, war and challenges." welcome back JB, it's actually gonna be my 1st time watching you on #TheChallenge.
- @dc408dxtr: .@DiemBrownMTV: "you can trust Wes more than I trust CT."
@JordanWiseley or @TheOfficial_CT: "I'm being nice, but you're not playing fair."
- @dc408dxtr: .@paulawalnutsMTV: "to be honest, I don't care who we p- off." like JB, this will also be my first time watching Paula on this, won Rivals1.
- @dc408dxtr: .@JazMTV: "let's just win this money & then we can go back to hating each other." now the fights amongst the cast. Gonna be crazy as always.
- @dc408dxtr: People in conflict are: @JazMTV @RoyLee25mtv @RobbMTV @MTVBananas @TheOfficial_CT @mtvfranksweeney @CamilaMTV @TheresaMTV. Crazy crazy crazy
- @dc408dxtr: Now to eliminations, hopefully they'll once again be awesome battles, the @ZachMTV @CJKoegelMTV one was my fave BOTS moment. #TheChallenge
- @dc408dxtr: .@MTVtrey: "I know that they're way more nervous and way more scared than we could ever possibly did." #TheChallenge #Rivals2 #TreyDay
- @dc408dxtr: Maybe @TyrieBMTV or @RoyLee25mtv: "I expect to come in first every time."
@NanyMTV: "good people in this game do not get far." #Rivals2
- @dc408dxtr: I also see @CookeMTV...considering she's a soccer player representing the motherland, can't wait to see (how) she fares. #TheChallenge #rivals2
- @dc408dxtr: .@TyrieBMTV: "you wanna get me out of here, then you're gonna have to kick my @$$." was on first rivals, now on #Rivals2. #thechallenge
- @dc408dxtr: Oh who is @TheOfficial_CT fighting with in there? Maybe they've relaxed the rules to allow that to happen. Always what brings viewers in.
- @dc408dxtr: Now the competitions, like the eliminations, hopefully they're gonna great. @DerrickMTV, guess I gotta try to see what CrossFit is all about
- @dc408dxtr: .@MTVBananas to @Knight_MTV: "you have gotten yourself linked up to a sinking ship, dude." #TheChallenge #Rivals2 #bananas #knight
- @dc408dxtr: Another fight: @Knight_MTV & @mtvfranksweeney. Knight's used to watching these fights as hockey fan, now he's part of one too on a challenge
- @dc408dxtr: Aneesa to Trishelle: "you are the 'Trashelle' you were & your...is gonna be trash." and a diva slap. Isnt this why she didnt like all this?
- @dc408dxtr: .@mtvfranksweeney: "she made a stupid mistake. So he's shaking his boots. Who the F- cares? Let him shake." #TheChallenge #Rivals2
- @dc408dxtr: Did I see @QueenBirdness slap CT in the face? We didn't see that in Portland and I didn't expect to see bird in this position lol.
- @dc408dxtr: And more of the competition, fights and everything that makes #TheChallenge so much better than any competition show there is in the world.
- @dc408dxtr: From trailer, looks like #Rivals2 will live up to @tjlavin's word as the best Challenge yet & @CSUAKirk thinks it'll be better than Rivals1.
- @dc408dxtr: Right now, I'm composing a Blogger post giving my thoughts on this season & memories I have of every member on #rivals2, from RW or on here.
- @dc408dxtr: As always, I'll be looking anxiously forward to being able to interact w/ the cast, possibly could run the table & get interact from all 32.
- @dc408dxtr: Come July 10, if you're watching the show then have an extra device to see the spontaneous interactions the cast will have with each other & fans like us. Its safe to say twitter will be a absolute madhouse every Wednesday with all this great interaction.
- @dc408dxtr: Obviously cast knows what's gonna happen, but there's nothing like being able to share it w/ everyone & that's the best part about twitter.
- @dc408dxtr: #TheChallenge BOTS was the first time I got to experience the power & communal experience of TV and the immediacy of social media collide.
- @dc408dxtr: And now that the vets are back on this, they'll be even more of those fans who I'll be able to interact with as we all watch this.
- @dc408dxtr: Lastly wanna send s/o to @CSUAKirk @RealityRadioPod @busdriversroute @afterbuzztv & others who host RW/CHAL podcasts & talk to the cast.
- @dc408dxtr: They'll all do podcasts for #Rivals2 & they'll be beneficiaries in this as they get the scoop from all the castmates, & we talk to them too.
- @dc408dxtr: So, after Wednesday & The #RealWorld PDX finale, it's all roads lead to Thailand, 7-10, & #TheChallenge #Rivals2. I. Seriously. Can't. Wait.


Real World Ex-Plosion
@dc408dxtr: And time for (the countdown to) the buzz  to begin all over again: here now the #RealWorld Explosion: As DC Sees It... The Trailer.
- @dc408dxtr: .@itsarifitz: "this is not like every other season of The #RealWorld." This as the cast rides a fire truck across the Golden Gate Bridge.
> @itsarifitz: @dc408dxtr S.... Can't take that back, huh? Lol
- @dc408dxtr: Text on screen: "7 Newly Single Strangers... Until Their Exes Move In." This'll no doubt get a bit awkward & then some. #RealWorld
- @dc408dxtr: Some of the visuals include them on the beach, them by GGB, girls taking pix for @JayGMTV as he says "every girl here is hot." #RealWorld
-@JayGMTV: @dc408dxtr there taking pics of my watches. crazewatches.com
-@dc408dxtr: @JayGMTV yeah, I actually noticed them, it was on all of their wrists. @CrazeWatches
-@JayGMTV: @dc408dxtr @CrazeWatches yessir my company. Started it to help pay my moms cancer bills. The rommies helped alot
- @dc408dxtr: And we see maybe another #RealWorld romance blossoming w/ @ThomasBuellMTV & @JamieChinaMTV, just many hours ago the RWPDX couple was dunzo.
- @dc408dxtr: Guy: "everything is smooth sailing..." This as the cast comes in to find out the huge twist that will radiate during this season. #realworld
- @@dc408dxtr: Guy: "why is my ex girlfriend here?"
@itsarifitz: "it's 7 strangers picked to live in a house, not 7 strangers plus their exes." #realworld
-@itsarifitz: @dc408dxtr DC hitting us w/ the @itsarifitz quotes, tonight. 😁☺️ You ready for Jan?
-@dc408dxtr: @itsarifitz I'm definitely ready for Jan 15to come, should be an explosive season of #realworld in every sense of the word to say the least.
- @dc408dxtr: .@MTVCoryWharton: "what the ...?!"
Yep, it's the first time 9 or more people are living in the #realworld house at the same time.
- @dc408dxtr: .@JennyCDelichMTV: "I've got my ex-boyfriend (twitter-less Brian) here, and I've got friend with benefits (Cory) here. Oops." #RealWorld
- @dc408dxtr: There's pix of the cast's exes being manipulated throughout this trailer, and then all the craziness we come to expect from #realworld.
- @dc408dxtr: .@ThomasBuellMTV: "the whole game's changes now." How will Tom deal w/ @haileychivers & w/ @JamieChinaMTV? More love triangles than usual RW
- @dc408dxtr: Jenna confronts Jay & then Ash gets confrontational. And then Cory finds out one of the roommates may be pregnant. New territory. #realworld
- @dc408dxtr: Then Jay gets some news from back home in the Bronx. Maybe something very bad happened that's got everyone all teared up. #realworld
- @dc408dxtr: And Jenny hugs twitter-less Brian as he tears up and Ari makes out with a girl. Love's gonna rule the day more than in the past. #realworld
- @dc408dxtr: Girl: "you only get one second chance."
Girl: "what happened between us in the past, it defines us."
And more fighting/drama. #realworld
- @dc408dxtr: .@JennyCDelichMTV to Brian as she holds knife in hand: "you're pushing me to a level of insanity." And she waves it. #realworld
- @dc408dxtr: Seems what happened up in PDX will almost seem like distant memory w/ what were gonna see. Great trailer, def looking forward to #realworld



So, there you have it, my play by play. While I am definitely enjoying this season of Real World Ex-Plosion, and this month being caught in Olympic fever with the Sochi Olympics, as of right now the good people at BMP are as of right now editing the upcoming Challenge season as well as the trailer for it, and we should expect the trailer to be out sometime next month. As I wrote previously, I'll be able to carry momentum from both this Real World season and the Olympics into this Challenge, just as I did from riding that wave from London 2012 and the Virgin Islands right into my first Challenge two years ago. So in a few weeks, we should get our first look at the trailer and I'll be tweeting that on there, and very soon our coverage will shift right there to Challenge 25. Looking forward to it.


DCBLOG and @DC408dxtr on Twitter is where my coverage of Real World Ex-Plosion and Are You The One? lives, with twitter alerts to interviews, articles and conversations with the cast, our SocialPulse diaries, Blog posts covering all aspects of the show, and live tweeting, including this week's upcoming episodes. Also, check out our Fan's View on the recent After Shows.
   Plus, check out our DC Games 2014 posts here during the Sochi Winter Olympics, including later today, the story of a composer whose most famous work you recognize but don't even know, but thanks to an iconic movie composer. Follow me for live tweeting of TV coverage (PT) & certain live events where available, including tonight's primetime show.
   For now, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed both this post and this season of Real World Ex-Plosion so far. And until we blog again later tonight, stay warm and have fun.

- DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).