Tuesday, January 21, 2020

DC ExtraTime: Taylor & Cory - Baby Gender Reveal Time!

BY DC CUEVA                        
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB

Pic Credit: MTV/Us Weekly
As we enter the fourth decade of this wonderful MTV Reality story and the jaw-dropping moments it continues to provide us with, we often lose sight of the fact that the stars of the shows you love and who give us the greatest shows on TV are also human. Thanks to social media, we're given a daily pass into who they are when the cameras are not rolling, and to prove for a bit that they are regular people like us. And two of the things that gives proof to this truth are two signs that we are getting old: parenthood and settling down with that significant other.

Every four to six years or so, there seems to be a transition of sorts when it comes to The Challenge: unless you're a big-name veteran who will get invited to do these shows just as long as the show is still airing, those who we've enjoyed watching during the most recent seasons decide that it's time to step away for kids and rings. Are You The One alum and 6-time Challenger Amanda Garcia is preparing to welcome her first kid next month, and earlier this month her Denver barber boyfriend successfully proposed to her at their baby shower. And during this past long holiday weekend came another MTV-related baby event: this time with someone who the Popoff Queen competed alongside with on five Challenge seasons.

At this time six years ago, Cory Wharton was plowing along with his first month in The Real World house with no idea that his ex would come for a visit to him and the seven strangers in the Bay Area, who also brought up a subject that he would eventually have to deal with not once, but twice. He had no idea that it would also be the start to an eventful MTV career: one that not only has brought him to six Challenges, but also to a most unlikely destination of parenthood and a spot on MTV's most tabloid-friendly franchise. And it was Cory being part of the first U.S. class of its most globally traveled show that where he met his current girlfriend Taylor Selfridge, and who now are awaiting their latest chapter of where his previous MTV girlfriend Cheyenne Floyd went to: baby life. And this past weekend, they got to reveal the gender of what will now be his second kid.

Back in mid-October, news once again reverberated from the west coast to everywhere else in the Teen Mom universe -- as well as in The Challenge community and within the circles of both Ex On The Beach and AYTO -- when Cory went onto all of his social media channels to announce his & Taylor's pregnancy. As he did when he announced he was the dad of Cheyenne's baby Ryder, once again the social universe exploded as they sent their congrats to him and to Taylor.
IG @ItsRyderK
   Being able to co-parent is always a tricky scenario for anyone who is part of the TM persona, whether it's Kailyn, Amber or anyone who has been on the series, and where every move those who have been on the series for this long is scrutinized by the public and the press. But as the one group who's brought a sense of calmness to the show's first generation of moms in this post-Farrah era, it's been nothing but a breeze in Cory and Cheyenne co-parenting Ryder, and unlike the case of most everyone on the show, things are for the most part fine in their part of the world.
   After he flew out of country from an early extended holiday vacation, on Christmas Day Cheyenne, Cory, Taylor and those in their inner circle got to celebrate what will eventually be the last December 25th of them having just one kid running around all over the place before number two arrives this year. Their Christmas morning festivities saw all involved wear the same onesie, and Ryder received her Christmas gift in the form of a fruit. Her reaction was, of course, priceless.




As he didn't have the chance to experience all of the assorted activities that comes with every pregnancy when Cheyenne had her baby, Cory will be a newcomer this time around with Taylor. There will be frequent check-in's on the baby's progress with doctors, baby showers and the moment of truth when Taylor's nine-month journey culminates in her being at the hospital ready to deliver that baby. But perhaps, nothing is more magical or joyous than the gender reveal... something that's become social sensations on Instagram and YouTube.
   The parties of revealing the sex of a new baby have become an art form in the past decade, being made possible by, as its Wikipedia entry states, "...the increasing accuracy of various technologies of determining the baby's sex before birth." For this older take on those elaborate Sweet 16 parties that MTV documented years ago, anything from as simple as a cake or a pinata to something more elaborate as confetti or sporty as a golf ball reveals if it's a boy or girl... and like is always the case for any election, colors always tell the story: blue if it is him, pink if it is her.
   When Taylor's AYTO predecessors of the cast of Season 1 (whose season premiered six years ago tonight as this post goes out Jan. 21) reunited with the franchise's ultimate perfect match, Amber & Ethan Diamond, to reveal the gender of their first baby, they found about their first kid with pink balloons revealing it to be a girl. For the most recent gender reveal involving a member of the MTV family, Alex Kompo from Siesta Key and his girlfriend Alyssa found out that they would have a baby girl when a plane flew over their family mansion and blew out pink smoke.

Over the weekend, Taylor, Cory and Cheyenne invited their families, their friends and some of their MTV colleagues - including a few next in line to join the family by way of being on the next season of The Challenge - gathered down in Los Angeles for Tay's baby reveal party in their backyard. Also there were both the Teen Mom cameras and Us Weekly's TV columnist Emily Longretta, who was in the Southland for the Television Critics Association's semi-annual press tour, and who had exclusive press access to this mid-winter's intimate gathering.
   This gender reveal comes at the beginning of Taylor's third & last trimester of her pregnancy, and it'll be springtime when she welcomes her first kid -- and it was a more elaborate party than when Cheyenne had just her family & friends along for her gender reveal (and where a cupcake gave the verdict). When everyone gathered around the guests of honor for the big moment, the confetti and smoke revealed the color of pink, symbolic of it being a girl... and it both amazed everyone and left a few in shock that it wasn't a boy - the soon to be 2-time daddy being the most surprised at the result.
   Cory told Us, "I'm two for two with girls and it feels good. This whole process is new to me. I never got to enjoy this process with my first kid, but now that I have a girl, another girl, I get to be a part of it from the beginning." And Taylor added, "I'm excited to have a daughter because I'm best friends with my mom so being a mom to a girl I hope to have the same relationship. I'm ready for the mommy and me outfits!"

Just today, Cory captioned on his Instagram: "πŸ’“ It’s a girl πŸ’“πŸ›πŸ§¬πŸ©°πŸŒΈπŸ‘ΆπŸ½ I want to start off by just saying THANK-YOU to everyone that came to the gender reveal, and even if you weren’t able to come just a big THANK-YOU to everyone who has been sending all there support thru messages we appreciate itπŸ™πŸ½. We had family and friends come from all over to show there love & support. I think you guys can tell how surprised we were πŸ˜‚ I now have two princesses and one queen that I have to take care of, God is good. This whole process is new to me. I never got to enjoy this process with my first kid, but now I get to be a part of it from day 1. When I found out Ryder was mine it completely changed my life for the better. I knew it was time to grow up. I feel like this baby is going to make me grow up even more into the man I’m trying to become. I Can’t wait to meet you !!! I know your mom loves you a ton!!! You already have a big sister that already loves you and talks about you πŸ’“ I know this though when I become an old grumpy man, I now have two daughters that can take care of me! πŸ‘΄πŸ½ Love you baby girl 😘 can’t wait to meet you ❤️"
   And Taylor posted on her IG, "MY BABY GIRL πŸ’ž When I saw the confetti come out pink I instantly burst into tears because it made everything so real, I finally can say I’m going to have a daughter. I want you to know how loved you already are by everyone. I’ve been carrying you for 6 months, talking to you, calling you a boy (sorry baby) feeling you move around, and you definitely love your daddy because you kick me more when you hear his voice, and I know you’re already going to have an attitude like your mama πŸ˜‚ The way your grandma raised me is how I want to raise you. I want to be as close to you and as open with you as I was with my mama. I’m still learning, but I’m going to be the best mommy I can be to you. The thought of seeing you for the first time has been constantly in my head. In 13 weeks I get to hold you for real and I’m counting down the days! I love you so much princess mommy, daddy and big sister can’t wait to meet you πŸ’– ITS A GIRL!!! πŸ¦‹ thank you everyone who came Cory & I appreciate it so much, we don’t have family out in LA so seeing everyone show up for us fills our hearts. We love you all! πŸ’ž #27weeks"

You can read out about their party with Us Weekly at this link and it will be shown in the next Teen Mom OG season, which we presume will air at the same time the next Challenge will air. But there were many others in Team MTV who joined Taylor, Cory and Cheyenne for the gender reveal that you'd think that this was the most star-studded of all the parties that were held in L.A. outside of the Screen Actors Guild Awards where Jen & Brad became official with engagement rings.
   Those in the MTV family who attended this reveal bash included: Cory's fellow Young Buck Nelson Thomas, Taylor's good friends Ashley Kelsey and Tori Deal, their fellow EOTB Season 1 alumni Tor'i Brooks and Paulie Calafiore; Big Brother alumni Kaycee Clark, Bayleigh Dayton, "Swaggy C" Williams and Faysal "Fessy" Shafaat; EOTB3 castmates Anthony Martin and Cameron Armstrong; and AYTO alumni Hannah Fugazzi and Zak Longo.
   Their pics with the big stars of this Saturday reveal are below, as is a compilation video including the big moment of the gender reveal itself... in fact, both Kaycee and Fessy came to Cory's rescue when his Instagram live gave out minutes before the reveal, and the Big Brother 20 alums came in last minute to stream it out to everyone. And it wasn't just Taylor & Cory who mentioned something about babies - we'll let you in on which MTV'er is expecting during this week's coverage.
















A post shared by Faysal Shawn Shafaat (@fessyfitness) on

















πŸ’“ It’s a girl πŸ’“πŸ›πŸ§¬πŸ©°πŸŒΈπŸ‘ΆπŸ½ I want to start off by just saying THANK-YOU to everyone that came to the gender reveal, and even if you weren’t able to come just a big THANK-YOU to everyone who has been sending all there support thru messages we appreciate itπŸ™πŸ½. We had family and friends come from all over to show there love & support. I think you guys can tell how surprised we were πŸ˜‚ I now have two princesses and one queen that I have to take care of, God is good. This whole process is new to me. I never got to enjoy this process with my first kid, but now I get to be a part of it from day 1. When I found out Ryder was mine it completely changed my life for the better. I knew it was time to grow up. I feel like this baby is going to make me grow up even more into the man I’m trying to become. I Can’t wait to meet you !!! I know your mom loves you a ton!!! You already have a big sister that already loves you and talks about you πŸ’“ I know this though when I become an old grumpy man, I now have two daughters that can take care of me! πŸ‘΄πŸ½ Love you baby girl 😘 can’t wait to meet you ❤️ Pictures by πŸ“Έ: @can_seco Story by πŸ“² : @usweekly
A post shared by Cory Wharton (@corywharton_ig) on




View this post on Instagram

MY BABY GIRL πŸ’ž When I saw the confetti come out pink I instantly burst into tears because it made everything so real, I finally can say I’m going to have a daughter. I want you to know how loved you already are by everyone. I’ve been carrying you for 6 months, talking to you, calling you a boy (sorry baby) feeling you move around, and you definitely love your daddy because you kick me more when you hear his voice, and I know you’re already going to have an attitude like your mama πŸ˜‚ The way your grandma raised me is how I want to raise you. I want to be as close to you and as open with you as I was with my mama. I’m still learning, but I’m going to be the best mommy I can be to you. The thought of seeing you for the first time has been constantly in my head. In 13 weeks I get to hold you for real and I’m counting down the days! I love you so much princess mommy, daddy and big sister can’t wait to meet you πŸ’– ITS A GIRL!!! πŸ¦‹ thank you everyone who came Cory & I appreciate it so much, we don’t have family out in LA so seeing everyone show up for us fills our hearts. We love you all! πŸ’ž #27weeks
A post shared by Taylor Selfridge (@taylor.selfridge) on



- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).