Thursday, May 28, 2020

DC ExtraTime: The Portland Princess Has A Ring To It...

BY DC CUEVA                      
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB

Last week, we saw Jordan Wiseley suffer just his second elimination defeat on Total Madness just days after his small guest-starring gig on NBC's The Blacklist... and on top of him winning title #3 and proposing to fiance Tori Deal on War of the Worlds 2. Before all this, we saw his Rivals II partner Marlon Williams be among The Challenge's four representatives on Ex On The Beach: Peak of Love. And seeing them has offered those of us who've been following MTV Reality in the digital sphere for the past decade with a good reminder of where it all began for them and for us, going back by seven years.

The pair who finished 3rd in a packed final full of Hall of Fame talent in Thailand -- Bananas, C.T., Wes, Paula, Emily, Cara Maria & Camila, plus Marlon's ex Jemmye -- started their journey on The Real World Portland. It's best remembered for Hurricane Nia landing ashore and the infamous moment of her fighting the resident couple Averey & Johnny. And it was with that season that Brian Cohen started seven years & counting of podcasts in interviewing the cast before becoming Ali Lasher's partner on the MTV Reality RHAP, while Andrew Kirk got to chat with those figures, along with Anastasia, Joi and our subject who chose Memorial Day Weekend for some new jewelry.

Jessica McCain came to the Pacific Northwest from the Triangle area of North Carolina, looking to spread her wings beyond where she grew up. She also got to do four Challenges in Rivals II, Free Agents, Battle of the Exes 2 and Rivals 3 -- and we won't forget the time she braved her fear of heights and grabbed the flag in the opening challenge on Free Agents. And in both Portland and in a few challenges, she was at odds with Jordan including him doing his Tom Cruise impersonation standing on a chair... and she even had a guest spot on one of J-Deezy's rap tracks.

For someone who wore a tiara when she left the Portland house, Jess now has something that will join that crown: an engagement ring. On Memorial Day weekend and as his day/night job is still in a holding pattern for his season to start on the diamond, she & her boyfriend, minor league baseball pitcher JP France of the Fayetteville Woodpeckers (a single-A farm team affiliated with the Houston Astros), came to Nashville for a visit with relatives there as the quarantine continues. But in the same city Floribama Shore & Siesta Key invaded this winter, there would more awaiting the princess once they came to the same bridge Juliette & Alex came to after their cuddle session during their weekend in Music City.

Twitter @MTVJess
Jessica wrote on Instagram @TheJessMcCain, "Last night became the best night of my life my BEST FRIEND got down on one knee and asked me to be his Wife!! I said “YES!” 💍 @thefrenchman28 I love you more than anything in this world. You are my best friend, my confidant I can’t wait to spend forever with you!!!!!! #engaged #love #happy #isaidyes". And France added @TheFrenchman28, "Last night I was lucky enough to ask my best friend to spend forever together! I will never forget what happened on May 23rd! You are my everything and my whole world! I can’t wait to see what the future has in store but I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else! Here’s to forever! ❤️143! @thejessmccain #proposal #nashvilleproposal #forever".

Below, the video of Jess & JP becoming official at golden hour in Music City, and we send our congrats to them, as does the rest of her MTV family - which we'll have on the SocialPulse of this week's episode of Total Madness coming up this weekend. And also, check out one of our first MTV posts on here, a FORUM look at the reunion special for RW Portland at this link, too.


View this post on Instagram

On a whim, or so I thought, we decided to come visit my brother and his gf in Nashville for the holiday weekend. After dinner my brother suggested we go downtown since @thefrenchman28 had never been before. So we park in free parking because who wants to pay to park and then we took the walking bridge over to the city, nothing strange about that. As we’re walking I notice how beautiful the sunset is and insist we get a photo on the overlook, similar to a photo we have @titans stadium. Here’s the FUNNY Part 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I turn around pre-maturely and see people with cameras (there were tons of professionals taking photos off that bridge) in my head I was like “oh sh*t” we’re in their way, I turn to JP to tell him we have to move and he pulls me in for a kiss and BAM 💥 it all hits me at once. THIS, ALL OF IT, was planned. He’s going to ask me to marry him!!! I legit held on to the railing of the bridge because my knees went weak and my eyes filled with tears of joy as he said “I told you I was going to surprise you.” He got down on one knee and asked me to be his WIFE! I’m getting MARRIED y’all 💍!! @fireandbrilliance
A post shared by JESS MCCAIN (@thejessmccain) on




- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).