Monday, August 31, 2020

DCBLOG Look Ahead: Welcome to September...

BY DC CUEVA                      
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB

We hope you are safe and sound and just soaking in whatever we have of the summer of 2020 that we wish it would be better than it has been, but are just trying to keep yourself healthy and cool in this tense time in the world right now. This has been quite the past few days, and the past month for that matter, as we are headed towards Labor Day coming up, and we can finally get on into that time full of holidays known as fall, or autumn as some of you like to call it.

Over the weekend, yours truly and my family got to spend this late summer's weekend at my sister's in the valley as she, my bro-in-law and their kids got to celebrate my nephew's 11th birthday with us and some of their neighbors. That has allowed me to take some time away from social media and from working on both this DCBLOG site and my burgeoning YouTube channel for much more enjoyable and quality time with family. It's always a refreshing thing for me to get to spend time with them in knowing that it's time with my loved ones ranks ahead of what I get to do online, especially in our changed world, although I did get the chance to premiere three videos over the weekend, in addition to two that debuted just as our President took to the mic last Thursday.

Now, this does change up my plans for what I had for both DCBLOG and for my YouTube channel for this first week of September, and here's what ahead...

Besides last night's Video Music Awards, last week's big thing in the MTV circle was the season 3 finale and reunion for Siesta Key. Because of my YouTube work taking precedent last week as well as my family outings, I haven't gotten a chance to watch it just yet, but once I get to do so tomorrow (as this post goes up on Monday, August 30) I'll then do the last WRAP for it on here afterwards - so, don't get on me for wondering why it's not up yet.

There's also some other blog content coming your way here after that: on Friday, the world was saddened by the passing of Black Panther's Chadwick Boseman after a private four-year battle with colon cancer... and we'll share the memories two of the guys of Floribama Shore had meeting him at the 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards. We'll also join a past Challenger as she got to take her talents to HGTV to help a local couple pick their new house in their hometown, and there's also a look ahead at who has been cast for the next season of The Challenge.

In fact, we are so pressed for time around here that we will have to bring you the Pulse Xtra for last week's episode of A Double Shot at Love as part of next week's blog wave. I have also not been able to watch it as of yet, and will do so in due course... and there's also all of the social content to also sift through and compile as well, and that will appear for you on here on Friday to kick off Labor Day Weekend as a part of a special doubleheader covering that and this week's episode as well.

And aside from DCBLOG, there is all of those #DCVegas videos: tonight I am transferring my second camcorder tape to digital which will cover the 2009 trip, the one where I spent my birthday in Sin City... and maybe, I could also convert to digital my 2010 trip as well if I have time. There are also several videos left in my 2007 series of vlogs, and they will be posted as part of the spiritual last weekend of summer, coming up at the end of the week.

So, that's what is ahead both on here on DCBLOG, and over there on DC YouTube. See you then...

- I AM DC  @DC408Dxtr
#TheEscapeYouDeserve