Tuesday, September 10, 2019

DC ExtraTime: The First Pump Rules Baby, and Love in the Rockies

BY DC CUEVA                        
 @DC408DXTR  @ IG/YT/SC/TB

Two items to share with you here in between tonight's finale of Are You The One? - which we'll be covering here over the weekend, and tomorrow night's War of the Worlds 2 Challenge...
   Last week saw the latest instance of what is one of those sacred Cardinal rules in the current Challenge constitution: do something bad or suspicious in front of TJ Lavin, and you'll be crucified by both him and likely by social media. We will not make mention of all of those who he has come down hard in all these years on the show, but last week had the latest moment of people p'ing off TJ like the dad scolding the son who didn't take out the garbage.

IG @KingFaithHope
It was before they went into their second straight elimination battle that the Brits had that they got to stay up well late into the night like they're with Kyle and his fellow Geordie Shore ragers. There, Faith Stowers - who we saw on Ex On The Beach and Final Reckoning last year - got into an argument with Kyle and Bear after she was woken up at 3AM in the morning. But there's more to why she was woken up by the Brits, and what happened next, where as she told Us Weekly, she and a number of other Challengers were affected by, "a bacterial infection in our lungs," and saw everyone cough so much that she almost threw up, like so many of us including me who couldn't get through a night's sleep because they were sick... Wes included.
   It was after calls by the Americans to not disturb the peace that Faith took a page out of Josh's Big Brother playbook with some pots and pans, more arguing and finally going to bed... only to be woken up by production to ask her what happened. Needless to say, this was not a normal night for Faith, as she went off into the night before Georgia's elimination win. But as it turns out, Faith used this unfortunate moment to spin this news the right way to something that sees her join some company in both the MTV Reality world and the wider reality TV genre... and the show she started on.

Google "Vanderpump Rules" now, and you'll find plenty of gossip and items on all the personalities who work in the most famous restaurant in all of West Hollywood. This includes this summer's wedding of Jax Taylor & Brittany Cartwright, and the engagement weeks later by Stassi Schroeder. But as that show heads towards premiering a new season come the holidays, this very fact is something that's hard to believe for those in Pump Rules land: except for the boss lady herself, Lisa Vanderpump, no one presently on the cast or who have appeared on the show in the past are parents. That changed just after last week's Challenge episode aired with the following Instagram reveal.




With that caption in announcing, "I’m excited to start this new Chapter in my life with my heart ❤️ and best friend! 💕," Faith announced that had become pregnant with her first baby and with her boyfriend as she added, "At the end of the day this is all I live for. God bless all of you!"  And with this, she becomes the first present cast member or past alum of Vanderpump Rules to ascend to the role of mom/dad, beating the show's big stars including Scheana, among others to parenthood.
   Instead of people going off on her for quitting the show - and in a week that also saw Zahida also leave to tend to a death in her family, reaction to Faith's pregnancy announcement echoed what happened earlier this summer to Amanda and Hunter: nothing but congrats from everyone - fans & reality people alike. This included someone who, last month, became a mom for the second time in Kayla Sessler of Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant who wrote, "Congratulations !!❤️❤️ so excited for you !😘" And Faith can look to those who are (and will become) parents for advice on how to handle the next big chapter in her life that comes in the new year, including Da'Vonne who wrote, "ðŸ—ĢOMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m crying !!!! I’m so excited for you !!!"


▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪

IG @TaylorMitchellPhotography
Two years ago saw one of the most shocking moments we've ever had in recent MTV Reality history: the 10th & last matchup on Are You The One? Season 5. We'll spare the details of that chaotic night here, but in the wake of what happened there in the Dominican Republic, things have turned to be fine for them.
   Kam has become a Challenge staple, Derrick H. has taken his talents to many other MTV shows (including one new one this fall), Taylor has found love with Ex On The Beach single Cory (and have joined Cheyenne on Teen Mom OG) and so has Ozzy with Season 7's Nutsa; Gianna & Hayden are parents to a 1-year-old boy, Casandra was on a Bachelor show last year, and Edward appeared in the Magic Mike-inspired docu-film This Ones For the Ladies. And with her on season 3, Shannon has followed Mr. Chocolate, Tay, Andre and Alicia to EOTB... with maybe more ahead.
  Another person who was on the first cast to not score their matches and win the jackpot was Carolina Duarte, a Brazilian native from Seattle when we met her two years ago in the Caribbean. Until now, Carolina had bad luck in love: her match Hayden stole her money on the Second Chances spinoff that followed Season 5, then she had a few months' romance with Keith from Season 6 that ended badly.
   But third times the charm this time: a year ago, she fell in love with Cam Bruckman, the tall Coloradan from Season 4, who didn't figure much into the drama of that season there in Hawaii. And a week ago today came the biggest news of all.


View this post on Instagram

“ 24 years is how old you are, 7 diamonds are on this ring , and this waterfall is 365 feet, that how I’ll love you 24/7 365 days a year. “ I can’t even begin to describe how much I LOVE THIS MAN! He completely swept me off my feet and I couldn’t be more happy. I was beyond shocked this day but I could be more sure of my decision to say YES! I’m so excited to spend the rest of my life with you baby! I can’t believe you really want to put up with my crazy ass the rest of your life ðŸĪŠ thank you for loving me for who I am and making me a better version of myself! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH YOU CAMERON CHASE BRUCKMAN!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ big thank you to @taylormitchellphotography for surprising us and capturing this moment on her phone even though we were just expecting pictures!
A post shared by Carolina Duarte (@carooduartee) on



With that moment in Telluride, CO - a bit a ways from Denver, Cam & Carolina got engaged when they went into the countryside, up to the base of a waterfall and the moment that changed both of their lives. She's the second member of her cast to sport an engagement ring after fellow alum Kathryn Palmer said "I do" earlier this year.. and he's the third member of his season 4 class to also make a successful proposal, joining two fellow power couples - Stephen & Julia of his cast, and Tori Deal & her man in Challenger Jordan Wiseley. He wrote on Instagram, "On Tuesday, I asked my best friend and partner in crime to marry me and she said YES! I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you @carooduartee You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am so proud to get to show you off for the rest of our lives."
   She captioned, "24 years is how old you are, 7 diamonds are on this ring, and this waterfall is 365 feet, that how I’ll love you 24/7 365 days a year. “ I can’t even begin to describe how much I LOVE THIS MAN! He completely swept me off my feet and I couldn’t be more happy. I was beyond shocked this day but I could be more sure of my decision to say YES! I’m so excited to spend the rest of my life with you baby! I can’t believe you really want to put up with my crazy ass the rest of your life ðŸĪŠ thank you for loving me for who I am and making me a better version of myself! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH YOU CAMERON CHASE BRUCKMAN!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Likewise, the Team MTV's reaction to their engagement was filled with love... even the one who stole her money in Australia was nothing but classy as Hayden wrote, "Congratulations to you two!!! This is awesome!"
   Our congrats go out to Faith, to Carolina & Cam, and the many of those we have not mentioned as of yet who have announced new news on babies, engagements and the like that's too many to mention, but that we feel proud of them and send our well wishes as their next chapters now await.


- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).