Thursday, September 27, 2018

DC ExtraTime: Alicia's Words to the Haters

From during AYTO Second Chances, shortly after after the Are You The One? Season 5 finale and months before Season 1 of Ex On The Beach U.S.

BY DC CUEVA                     
■ @DC408Dxtr  TW / IG / YT

In some parts of the world including Great Britain, Are You The One? Season 5 has just wrapped up airing and are now into airing Second Chances. But as we head towards the end of this cycle, it's safe to say that the finale in the Caribbean is much better than the finale of The Challenge Invasion and favored for the biggest moment of this cycle when we give name season-end awards on the Debrief later this month.

On the Pulse of the premiere of The Challenge Bloodlines, we brought you the first words from Amanda after her fight with Mike on the AYTO Season 3 finale. She endured a lot of hate from fans for her behavior that season and then on her two Challenges, but her making it to the final underdog elimination bodes well for her future. We have, of course, seen a lot of questionable behavior from a number of castmates of the love experiment and an equal amount of people going off social media on them, including the man who we focused in above after what happened last year. And for the most recent one, she finally had the opportunity to respond.

This past season, we saw Alicia swoop in from nowhere to steal Kam's perfect match Eddie after their truth booth, then get beraded on the reunion by Kam's BFF Tyranny and made for some of very tense moments during the season. And we also saw her and Mike down in Australia make a deep run into the second half before being the most recent couple eliminated after what we had this week.

After taking some time off from social media to focus on herself while we watched her on AYTO Second Chances, she returned from her hibernation early last week to finally take a moment to respond to those who have been hating on her since what happened midseason in the Dominican Republic, and also revealed something very personal that happened just recently to her. Here's her post from Instagram.
INSTAGRAM @lavida.alicia: "You know what's so disheartening, is the fact that so many people believe to know what I'm doing or always wanting to see me fail. You know where I've been ? I've been in a hospital for almost 2 weeks getting CT Scans, poked & pronged for blood, tests, ultrasounds, multiple IV's, medication, and an emergency surgery on a mass,ruptured appendix & other complexities that lead to a drain being inserted & kept pinned to my side, consistently emptied & I struggle to even walk upright. I've lost 18 pounds total due to all of this,putting me at 102lbs. Because of this I was stripped away of an opportunity literally the night before that I had been training & looking forward to with my ticket in my hand. I love my family & friends that have came to visit, & extend themselves to me all the time not just during my difficulties of course. I'm in recovery for now until another surgery in 5 weeks due to the complexity of my case. My social media presence or disappearance shouldn't automatically be paired to my failure or success on something, nor should people continue to bash or clock my every move. I was a fan of AYTO before becoming an "alumni" & it's honestly really unenjoyable when the majority of the people are the source of negativity against me to prompt others to tag along. Some have come out of no where to text me simply to get information or to put me down, I haven't spoken to you since New Years why text me now...or all the bullshit on blogs you guys keep up with & believe but, when does anyone have the decency to just text me "Hey how are you?" on the regular. If so many "don't like me", why now....because you think you're going to get information or closer to something you're all feening to be apart of, that's why.Respect that sometimes people actually go thru shit Everyone's always got something negative to fucking say, it's annoying af..GROW UP."





You know what's so disheartening, is the fact that so many people believe to know what I'm doing or always wanting to see me fail. You know where I've been ? I've been in a hospital for almost 2 weeks getting CT Scans, poked & pronged for blood, tests, ultrasounds, multiple IV's, medication, and an emergency surgery on a mass,ruptured appendix & other complexities that lead to a drain being inserted & kept pinned to my side, consistently emptied & I struggle to even walk upright. I've lost 18 pounds total due to all of this,putting me at 102lbs. Because of this I was stripped away of an opportunity literally the night before that I had been training & looking forward to with my ticket in my hand. I love my family & friends that have came to visit, & extend themselves to me all the time not just during my difficulties of course. I'm in recovery for now until another surgery in 5 weeks due to the complexity of my case. My social media presence or disappearance shouldn't automatically be paired to my failure or success on something, nor should people continue to bash or clock my every move. I was a fan of AYTO before becoming an "alumni" & it's honestly really unenjoyable when the majority of the people are the source of negativity against me to prompt others to tag along. Some have come out of no where to text me simply to get information or to put me down, I haven't spoken to you since New Years why text me now...or all the bullshit on blogs you guys keep up with & believe but, when does anyone have the decency to just text me "Hey how are you?" on the regular. If so many "don't like me", why now....because you think you're going to get information or closer to something you're all feening to be apart of, that's why.Respect that sometimes people actually go thru shit Everyone's always got something negative to fucking say, it's annoying af..GROW UP. (@renpure organic coconut oil) #heartofstrength #strongwoman #persevere #healthiswealth #positivevibes
A post shared by A L I C I A🇵🇷 (@lavida.alicia) on


After posting that last Monday, some of her Season 5 castmates and those in Team AYTO expressed well wishes for a speedy recovery:

 @carooduartee: I love you! You are one of the strongest woman I know! Keep doing you and fuck the fakes. Thinking of you and ur recovery and you better come visit me in Cali this summer 😘💕
 @mikehalpern92: Get better bud, wishing you the best! 💪🏼
 @tabron27: Don't even kno ya and I love ya lol ❤️🖤🙏🏽 wishing the best for you girl
 @giannahammer: Fuck MTV alicia. You're so much more than any of it and so far beyond above it. 💪🏽
 @shandathapanda: Love you girl. Stay strong! If you need anything, reach out xoxo
 @karamobrown: Stay strong and feel better. Sending love your way


Typically, our policy here is to not mention or discuss anything relating to a new season of The Challenge while it is filming or until the buzz for it begins. But rumors are that Alicia was cast for Season 30 of the show, and was prepared to head down for that season which has taken place since midway last month. But her suffering this injury as discussed above dented her hopes to make her mark on that show the same way we saw her this winter and spring... and also brought about the fate of what happened to Tony on Bloodlines when he got hurt in a mission early on in having this surgery, and was medically evacuated along with partner and brother Shane.

To put this into a broader standpoint, she has had to endure this severe hate from social media trolls for her hookup with Eddie, her fight with Hannah, what happened on the reunion and her and Gio down in Australia. She, Brandon and Amanda are not alone: Challenger Tony has had several moments of something questionable taking place on either his two Challenges or sometimes elsewhere which drew ire from the Twittersphere, Mike during his Real World last year, Jay after he quit the Exes 2 final. They have all become humbled a bit by their experiences and learned to rise above all of the hatred they've gotten to become stronger people. Tony has certainly learned his lessons with him now being a dad to two kids and taking greater responsibility for himself.

As I wrote back in December 2015, it's always a good thing when you get a chance to come clean and tell your side of the story, and better to respond than not respond at all. With something as simply saying to everyone that you made a mistake and pledge to everyone that it won't happen again, Alicia is taking this first step...and has gotten nothing but well wishes for a speedy recovery after her injury. Our wishes go out to her as well. 


- I AM DC
#DCBLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Let us know! But please be mindful and do not post spam or negative comments (due to that, all comments are subject to blogger approval... and we reserve the right to disable these sections if things get way out of hand).